• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Nottingham Forest vs. Crystal Palace match thread

Glasner will be made the sacrificial offering come tomorrow following ever so poor start to the season. Club hasn't replaced like-for-like efficacy with the sale of Olise; Anderson and Ayew.

We've long had an issue with goals scored with season after season warning - perhaps this season will prove to be one warning too far and where reality kicks in?

I'm a fan, and am as disappointed as the next person. I accept defeat but will not let it flourish. But come on, we are supporters and losing a game is a temporary scar, giving up is a permanent one.
Nobody here gives up we have been through too much over the years but if you think a battle hardened Palace fan is going to see that for something it wasn’t you are sadly mistaken.

That was a poor performance with poor tactics and even worse execution.

Please don’t spout rubbish about that being a decent performance. You are either a troll or are incapable of spotting poor performances when you see them.

I shouldn’t be surprised. Look how quick we went from RoyBall to Glazball last season and all looked amazing. Should have known it would turn back the other way just as fast. Ridiculous.

I’m not even that pissed off, unlike against Everton, I feel like the players… can’t be arsed.

Nobody here gives up we have been through too much over the years but if you think a battle hardened Palace fan is going to see that for something it wasn’t you are sadly mistaken.

That was a poor performance with poor tactics and even worse execution.

Please don’t spout rubbish about that being a decent performance. You are either a troll or are incapable of spotting poor performances when you see them.

Poor, abject,diabolical and disgraceful.

Glasner has to go and it needs to be now. We have the players, not necessarily are played tonight and that was down to awful balance and the formation selected. A good manager would get us results against teams like Forest.

No too soon I don't think it would help us, players are still adjusting.

International break November 23rd, 4 games between now and then including Wolves away and Fulham at home. 2 wins from those 4 are an absolute must at this stage.

If we don't get 5-7 points I'd be seriously considering Moyes

Overall we weren't that bad but missed all our chances. The back 3 were generally solid but I don't know why Munoz is playing - he was hopeless. We need wingers, yes we have Sarr but when he came on he seemed to be in the middle.

I think we lost out by not getting Wan-Bissaka back and we miss Zaha too.

As for their goal, a complete cock-up which a keeper with England caps should have saved, black mark to Henderson. Kamada can pass the ball but he is no striker and Eze persists in playing one-touch balls to players who can't control it. I thought Lacroix was our best player but Guehi is not a leader (we miss Anderson)

Typically Palace, the only team good at wasting time when we are losing .......

A pretty abject performance which held no hint of promise of better times to come. Having lost to an under-strength and utterly mediocre Forest team, I am not sure where a win is coming from. We lacked cohesion, with players not appearing to have any sort of understanding of where one other would be. There was absolutely zero threat from our wing-backs. Mitchell did okay defensively but nothing going forward, and Munoz...the bloke who played for us last season has been kidnapped and replaced by his useless twin brother. Eze is completely off-form, Nketiah too desperate to make an impression, Kamada, well not sure what he does. The malaise even seemed to get to Guehi in the end, who after an excellent first half became increasingly wayward. The only positives I saw were Lacroix and Chalobah. We need a fit and firing Wharton with Doucoure in the centre of the midfield, and please let's give Sarr a run instead of Kamada. But currently the formation is not going to work because the wing-backs pose no threat, so please let's have 4-4-2 (currently Chalobah at right back instead of Munoz). Horrible and depressing evening.

No too soon I don't think it would help us, players are still adjusting.

International break November 23rd, 4 games between now and then including Wolves away and Fulham at home. 2 wins from those 4 are an absolute must at this stage.

If we don't get 5-7 points I'd be seriously considering Moyes
If we saw any signs of progress I’d agree but there aren’t any. Our best performance of the season was the opening game loss to Brentford. Since then performances have got gradually but steadily worse. We can’t be any worse results than wise with a new person in charge and there are no signs OG has any idea how to turn this around

My pre match optimism was very much misplaced.

I am less worried that we have now played eight games without a win. I am more worried about who the majority of these games was against:

Brentford
West Ham
Leicester
Everton

and now Forest.

You could write off the other three games realistically (Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United) but not to have one win on the board from the other five games is disappointing.

That said, it is only five games. I still think we'll turn it around - with OG - and I would not be pushing for a change in manager before January (unless we start getting battered every week with the players obviously having stopped playing for the manager).

I'm already looking at our last 11 games and 5 of them look tough, with winnable games making up the other 5/6.

It could be an exciting season, but not for the reasons many of us - myself included - had hoped.

A pretty abject performance which held no hint of promise of better times to come. Having lost to an under-strength and utterly mediocre Forest team, I am not sure where a win is coming from. We lacked cohesion, with players not appearing to have any sort of understanding of where one other would be. There was absolutely zero threat from our wing-backs. Mitchell did okay defensively but nothing going forward, and Munoz...the bloke who played for us last season has been kidnapped and replaced by his useless twin brother. Eze is completely off-form, Nketiah too desperate to make an impression, Kamada, well not sure what he does. The malaise even seemed to get to Guehi in the end, who after an excellent first half became increasingly wayward. The only positives I saw were Lacroix and Chalobah. We need a fit and firing Wharton with Doucoure in the centre of the midfield, and please let's give Sarr a run instead of Kamada. But currently the formation is not going to work because the wing-backs pose no threat, so please let's have 4-4-2 (currently Chalobah at right back instead of Munoz). Horrible and depressing evening.

Some very insightful observations which have gained my seal of approval.

I genuinely think that because we have half a dozen centre backs we have to play three of them at a time. We don’t, we will look better with a back four with dare I say Mitchell and Clyne playing proper full back roles.

Sell Guehi and spend the money where it’s needed.

If we saw any signs of progress I’d agree but there aren’t any. Our best performance of the season was the opening game loss to Brentford. Since then performances have got gradually but steadily worse. We can’t be any worse results than wise with a new person in charge and there are no signs OG has any idea how to turn this around

I'd start planning for a change but still think he should get until November. They are lacking confidence, but I think there were some glimpses. Tonight was a draw aside from a flap from Henderson.

If Tottenham and Villa smash us to pieces it will be hard to argue tho

I'm still an OG supporter. But he HAS to bench Kamada and change the system.

Our WB's? One isn't able to play there and the other seems to have forgotten how to take on players down the outside! Forget having WB's

CB's passing the ball slowly sideways, need to be more direct or have a DM who can pick up the ball from them and build from there.

Midfield two seem to get over run too much, regardless of who we put in there, although the two tonight didn't get over run (unlike when kamada is in there!). Increase numbers in the mid field

No. 10's well we only have one now, and he seems to be trying too hard or not enough depending on who you talk to. Put him in a central position or bench him if you play 442.

Nketiah cant play down the middle on his own he needs a partner who will take the pressure off him. Mateta is that man.

Play 442 or a diamond 41212, play to our strengths in the squad, forget Kamada he doesn't fit anywhere.

Last edited:
Back