• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Nottingham Forest vs. Crystal Palace match thread

My only comment after last night, and I apologise if someone else has written this, is thank Gawd he started Hughes. He looks to be. the only one who wants to chase the ball and get stuck in.

Well, another comment while I'm at it - Kamada needs to be benched until he can prove he knows what he's doing. Looked lost again last night.

All of our defeats this prior to last night had been close affairs in which you could make a case of us deserving a bit more than we got.

I didn't think that was the case last night. We were restricted to long shots, admittedly some good ones, but you can't rely on those alone to score goals. The back three are not a unit made in heaven and mistakes at this level will usually be punished. Chalobahs headed clearance was schoolboy stuff and of course Henderson should have done better with the resulting shot.

Glasner is right when he says it has now becoming a confidence issue with the players. But I contend that it's their lack of confidence in his tactics and team selections that are having the most negative impact. If I was in the squad and was seeing Kamadas performances I would be wondering just what I need to do to get selected ahead of him.

Forest are a decent side and I didn't expect us to beat them, but I did think a hard earned point was possible. But that simply wasn't good enough.

But for Henderson's error we would have got a point at an intimidating ground against an uncompromising team.

Back three look like they know each other finally.

Noticeable that other than Schlupp's at the end all our chances were from well outside the box....much less chance of scoring!

Wing backs have no support most of the time and end up checking and turning. Neither has much confidence any more or any belief that one of the forward players will get there if they go for the byline.

Whole team and managers confidence is shot. We really need a bit of luck to build up our confidence and then perhaps we will be shooting from better positions.

New manager would probably result in a short lived bounce. I would rather stick with Glasner and sort out what we have got ....which is some pretty good premiership players who aren't playing to win.
Agree with you Mabbs. If we ditch OG the next manager will have to deal with the same players (minus Guehi in all probability) so the change(s) have to be tactical. Can Glasner make these changes? You'd hope any competent manager could.
It's concerning that many on here have pointed out flaws in the current set up that the manager is either ignoring or, very unlikely, is somehow unaware of.
As regards the players I'd suggest they are, man for man, about as good as most in the bottom half of the table so why do other teams look stronger/faster/more determined, etc? Is it training? Attitude? Probably a bit of both and they are up to the management team to sort out.
My feeling is blaming the loss of Olise is a bit of a cop out. Yes he's a wonderful player and is probably irreplaceable but we can't blame bad form on his leaving for ever.

All of our defeats this prior to last night had been close affairs in which you could make a case of us deserving a bit more than we got.

I didn't think that was the case last night. We were restricted to long shots, admittedly some good ones, but you can't rely on those alone to score goals. The back three are not a unit made in heaven and mistakes at this level will usually be punished. Chalobahs headed clearance was schoolboy stuff and of course Henderson should have done better with the resulting shot.

Glasner is right when he says it has now becoming a confidence issue with the players. But I contend that it's their lack of confidence in his tactics and team selections that are having the most negative impact. If I was in the squad and was seeing Kamadas performances I would be wondering just what I need to do to get selected ahead of him.

Forest are a decent side and I didn't expect us to beat them, but I did think a hard earned point was possible. But that simply wasn't good enough.
I never expected us to emerge with any points, in actual fact I predicted that Nottm Forest would gain the points and that Chris Wood would net the winner.A prediction of mine which turns out to be reality is as 'Rare as hen's teeth' !

Glasner talks about his squad lacking confidence.I have to be honest and assert that my confidence in the manager is waning, but hopefully he will revive our fortunes and my faith in him will return.

There was an odd bit where Kamada seem to be looking at the bench to see who should take a free kick, micro management?
That was a mental weakness we can do without . Of course players need time to settle in new countries but he has played for Glasner before ,he should know whats required and whether or not he is allowed to take a free kick .

I’ve watched all our 10 unbalanced performances this season which includes two rather poor wins in the cup. Glasner has had the chance in every match including last night to sort out the formation/unbalanced team and hasn’t done so. I have no confidence he can do it going forward into the next 3 matches before the break. As far as I’m concerned, he needs to go now before we have an even larger hill to climb to get out of trouble :-(

Back