• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Nottingham Forest vs. Crystal Palace match thread

No too soon I don't think it would help us, players are still adjusting.

International break November 23rd, 4 games between now and then including Wolves away and Fulham at home. 2 wins from those 4 are an absolute must at this stage.

If we don't get 5-7 points I'd be seriously considering Moyes
Sorry but I disagree. Glasner will not turn this around. He has completely lost it and I would say he has lost the players as well. He has to go now!

I'm still an OG supporter. But he HAS to bench Kamada and change the system.

Our WB's? One isn't able to play there and the other seems to have forgotten how to take on players down the outside! Forget having WB's

CB's passing the ball slowly sideways, need to be more direct or have a DM who can pick up the ball from them and build from there.

Midfield two seem to get over run too much, regardless of who we put in there, although the two tonight didn't get over run (unlike when kamada is in there!). Increase numbers in the mid field

No. 10's well we only have one now, and he seems to be trying too hard or not enough depending on who you talk to. Put him in a central position or bench him if you play 442.

Nketiah cant play down the middle on his own he needs a partner who will take the pressure off him. Mateta is that man.

Play 442 or a diamond 41232, play to our strengths in the squad, forget Kamada he doesn't fit anywhere.

A good post.

I’m looking at the conscious decisions OG has made

Henderson over Johnstone. Jury is out thete

Kamada over Sarr

Current system over one that suits us.

Sanctioning the Anderson sale (by all accounts)

He looks a bit lost to me -

He was never that good , just brought a bit of energy down the right where we hadn't had any for 10 years .
As someone mentioned earlier, the lack of a fit Wharton and an even semi-decent replacement for Olise added to an injury and lots of travel have impacted him.
He is still a good player who is an excellent regular for Colombia - a better team than England

As someone mentioned earlier, the lack of a fit Wharton and an even semi-decent replacement for Olise added to an injury and lots of travel have impacted him.
He is still a good player who is an excellent regular for Colombia - a better team than England
His starting position is also much further back this season because our forward players cannot press and we are generally pushed back in games. He is having to play as an extra defender almost all the time rather than an attacking wingback. The appalling distribution from our back three doesn’t help either. None of them can play decent forward passes

Our WB's? One isn't able to play there and the other seems to have forgotten how to take on players down the outside! Forget having WB's

CB's passing the ball slowly sideways, need to be more direct or have a DM who can pick up the ball from them and build from there.

Midfield two seem to get over run too much, regardless of who we put in there, although the two tonight didn't get over run (unlike when kamada is in there!). Increase numbers in the mid field

No. 10's well we only have one now, and he seems to be trying too hard or not enough depending on who you talk to. Put him in a central position or bench him if you play 442.

Nketiah cant play down the middle on his own he needs a partner who will take the pressure off him. Mateta is that man.

Play 442 or a diamond 41232, play to our strengths in the squad, forget Kamada he doesn't fit anywhere.
I'd love it if we played with this system but still wouldn't be convinced we'd win 😉

I could have written so much to try and get all my Palace frustrations off my mind … but …I think everything has been said..

like all of you….Im just so bitterly disappointed…..I really thought we would settle and start to win a few matches…

Body language speaks volume - and there is a negative aura about the team

Can't catch a break, can't get a win, not even a draw! Mistake from Chalobah, goalkeeping error, heads drop ..... Clearly a team that looks like a collection of individuals, confidence is spluttering, Glasner looks lost - just listening to his post match interview, not very inspiring, notwithstanding he must be crushed.

Why are we still sitting Mateta and Sarr on the bench? Eddie has not delivered in any game this season, time to call it. Eze should have been subbed as well. We can't cross a ball into the box and if we did there is nobody there anyway, and that is basic! At least when Mateta came on we had a bit more steel up front, but service was still lacking.

Clearly it is hard to fix the departure of Olise, Anderson and Ayew. Replacing Olise was always going to be a problem, but Kamada is several notches below, a poor acquisition, and who thought that was a suitable solution? Sarr not getting any game time either. Need to change things up dramatically, because the team that started tonight will continue to loose. Parish has to come up with some answers because he did NOT strengthen the club in the summer. If Guehi goes in Jan then the writing is on the wall, Championship beckoning.

My opinion on the starting XI tonight.

Henderson - Just not good enough. If he can play for England then so can I
Munoz - Initially a good player. Has the summer tournament caught up with him ?
Lacroix - Looks decent.
Guehi - Being dragged down by those around him.
Chalobah - Meh. Jury's out.
Mitchell - Never been any good.
Eze - Show pony.
Kamada - Needs loaning out to Bromley.
Hughes - Gets stuck in. Walks into the team based on what's available.
Lerma - Perhaps needs to go back to centre back.
Nketiah - See Chalobah.

Sorry but I disagree. Glasner will not turn this around. He has completely lost it and I would say he has lost the players as well. He has to go now!

If there is a plan, but I don't think the board have a succession plan in place now. It would just mean Doogie or Warnock as caretaker and we probably lose the next games anyway.

If Moyes is lined up and waiting then I'd agree. I still think OG needs more time, he has had 8 games with his own players who came in very late, and we lost a world class talent to Bayern.

If he goes tomorrow I won't be massively upset but I think we can improve. We are defending OK, we need to improve our attacking patterns.

5 goals in 8 games. Worst in the league. Can anyone see us beating anyone at this rate?

I still think OG is a decent manager but as the pressure builds is he likely to find the blend?
I dunno.

All I know is this season is most depressing and, man, have we had some depressing starts in the past.

We might have a chance of winning with this formation but I suspect the ref might spot something amiss!

t mitchell really was so poor today and eze passing was shocking but, i think we did look like a team for the first time this season ,i hope we do stick with olly g ,i still think he will pull us out of this mess

Im not saying he's rubbish , just not the superstar some thought he was when he first came . His stats ,crosses , chances created ,assists , dribbles ect just don't stack up against other wing backs .Even Mitchell's stats are better in most areas and we all know he is not a wingback .

This was probably the poorest watch against an average Forest team this season. Luck was certainly not on our side but the quality of passing, team fluidity and poor individual performances leaves me feeling very uneasy for the future. There is no Wilf or Olise to bail us out this time,

We sent England 4 inform players this summer and they returned us players I don't even recognize now. I think there are 4 games until the next international break, which is fair on Glasner to motivate the players, find a system that works and show progress into how he wants us to play. We strolled around the park today similar to a Roy team and I had zero idea what the plan to win this game was.

No players are playing well so quite frankly I care less about the 11 he chooses to play, it's more important how each of them plays individually and collectively.

Tough times need tough decisions. Right now, that ball sits with Glasner. In 4 games time it might sit with the board.

If there is a plan, but I don't think the board have a succession plan in place now. It would just mean Doogie or Warnock as caretaker and we probably lose the next games anyway.

If Moyes is lined up and waiting then I'd agree. I still think OG needs more time, he has had 8 games with his own players who came in very late, and we lost a world class talent to Bayern.

If he goes tomorrow I won't be massively upset but I think we can improve. We are defending OK, we need to improve our attacking patterns.
That's fair. If we'd had Doucoure and Wharton fit things might be different but it's hard to see where a win will come from when we look so fragile. At least we could play with some intensity, a couple of times tonight we were strolling around so slowly I thought the ref had blown for something.
He must put Sarr and Mateta in but it's hard to think of anyone else.

This was probably the poorest watch against an average Forest team this season. Luck was certainly not on our side but the quality of passing, team fluidity and poor individual performances leaves me feeling very uneasy for the future. There is no Wilf or Olise to bail us out this time,

We sent England 4 inform players this summer and they returned us players I don't even recognize now. I think there are 4 games until the next international break, which is fair on Glasner to motivate the players, find a system that works and show progress into how he wants us to play. We strolled around the park today similar to a Roy team and I had zero idea what the plan to win this game was.

No players are playing well so quite frankly I care less about the 11 he chooses to play, it's more important how each of them plays individually and collectively.

Tough times need tough decisions. Right now, that ball sits with Glasner. In 4 games time it might sit with the board.

Our next 4 encounters are Tottenham (H), Wolves (A), Fulham (H), A.Villa (A).
I do not envisage us collecting too many points from these fixtures.
Tonight's performance was alarming and cause for great concern.
The 'Alarm Bells' are ringing out loudly.

Our next 4 encounters are Tottenham (H), Wolves (A), Fulham (H), A.Villa (A).
I do not envisage us collecting too many points from these fixtures.
Tonight's performance was alarming and cause for great concern.
The 'Alarm Bells' are ringing out loudly.
No games are easy at the moment. I would imagine the criteria for continued employment would be, understanding who our best 11 players are, what is the best system for success, improving performances and undoubtedly a minimum 4, but probably 6 points from those games.

The majority reaction is negative but personally I didn't think we played badly, not commited or confident enough in front of goal, Munoz's delivery was poor throughout but I thought Kamada did OK, some vital tackles and neat through balls, Eze was good first half but faded second, Le Croix and Chalobah were good, we had our two second string midfielders in and dominated many periods of the game, but we don't click in the final third, don't commit enough men forward in attack, unlike Forest who had more punch and purpose when they attacked but a draw would have been a better reflection of the game. I don't see Ollie as clueless or a bad attitude from the team, Wharton may need surgery and at least a month off, but Doucoure will come back in, I'd say keep the faith and be patient - there were signs of improvement, though Forest were admittedly under strength. If we'd equalised I reckon the tone would be very different. If we deteriorate and are adrift at Christmas then we can consider a change of manager, but till then I'm with Corporal Jones... Don't Panic! There's no need to yet.

The majority reaction is negative but personally I didn't think we played badly, not commited or confident enough in front of goal, Munoz's delivery was poor throughout but I thought Kamada did OK, some vital tackles and neat through balls, Eze was good first half but faded second, Le Croix and Chalobah were good, we had our two second string midfielders in and dominated many periods of the game, but we don't click in the final third, don't commit enough men forward in attack, unlike Forest who had more punch and purpose when they attacked but a draw would have been a better reflection of the game. I don't see Ollie as clueless or a bad attitude from the team, Wharton may need surgery and at least a month off, but Doucoure will come back in, I'd say keep the faith and be patient - there were signs of improvement, though Forest were admittedly under strength. If we'd equalised I reckon the tone would be very different. If we deteriorate and are adrift at Christmas then we can consider a change of manager, but till then I'm with Corporal Jones... Don't Panic! There's no need to yet.
I admire your optimism and agree somewhat. Whilst we did dominate for periods and were unlucky to some degree, I felt the performance lacked cohesion, we strolled about the park without conviction and generally didn't have that sense of urgency a team in our position should have.

Eze had 2 great long-range efforts but little else
Eddie had 1 great long-range effort but little else
Munoz looked injured (because he is) and offered nothing
Guehi gone from a rock to a liability (not a leader)
Mitchell completely lost at the moment both defensively and in attack.
Kamada invisible except a couple of vital tackles
Henderson showed Forest fans why they are better off with Sels

This individual performance (or lack of) is in context with the dire situation we find ourselves in. We have no real option but to work our way through this current predicament.

What is worrying is Forest played us to perfection by giving us the ball and banking we would do nothing with it. At least Spurs will dominate the ball so I'm hoping Glasner will set us up with that in mind.

Back