• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

CPFC v Leicester Match Thread

Early days and good result in the end.

We never did get that cover and competition for Mitchell on the left flank. I know Glasner like us is after it. Maybe January.

Up the Palace!!!

A point after being two down, even at home, is not to be sneezed at.

We need to work out at the back who is doing what though because they looked a bit confused at times today.

Sarr looks like he could be a dangerous player for us, but working out where to fit everyone into a Glasner formation is going to be a challenge.

I’d love to see a 4-2-4 but Eze would have to play left, Sarr right and both would have to put in defensive shifts. I don’t however think that would be the Glasner way which means lots of substitute appearances.

Little bit disappointed but it’s clear the team needs time. So much promise from all of the new players. Leicester were superbly organised today and Ayew suits them perfectly, good move for him to get a lot of game time at this stage of his career. Cooper will keep them up.

Nketiah looks a big upgrade on edouard. Lacroix showed glimpses of why we signed him, the odd long ball too. Sarr was always going to win that penalty, I cheered before it happened as he is so quick.

Glasner will get us going. Hughes was a big improvement on doucoure. There are two will hughes. Hughes before a yellow card and hughes after. His calmness and keeping the ball moving are vital. Once booked I’d take him off haha. Doucoure is not yet match sharp

Henderson just isn't as good as Johnston ,he is a good shot stopper but he is bad at one to one's and his distribution is awful.
Poor old Mitchell he doesn't seem to be able to pick the right pass in the final third, Thought Will Hughes was our best midfielder when he came on !

Glad to get a point but balance of team all over the place at the moment. Just took losing Olise and then trying to play same formation without him? I’m not certain what our best 11 is and certainly our defence middle 3 are struggling. Hopefully that gets settled soon with injuries returning and fitting Richard’s in. It seems him and Guehi play better on the left of the middle 3 which is probably why Richard’s didn’t play today? Have to say, I thought Eza was poor today and slowed it down too much when the attack needed more pace?

Very frustrating down our right hand side. Neither Munoz or Clyne can cross and both saw loads of ball in the first half. Think I’d play Munoz at the back and have Sarr in front of him.

Still a newish manager, a new spine through the team, and new players to gel.

I do not think it would be fair to judge too much after four games, albeit every game is criticial in such a tough league and, on paper, three of our first four games looked winnable.

The players are not finding solutions quickly enough and this is leading to individual inaccuracies and an overall lack of confidence at key moments. Lacroix's running into traffic after dawdling today was the sign of a player who doesn't know well enough yet where his colleagues are going to be. The movement from teammates was poor for him as well. I'm sure that will improve in the coming weeks.

On the plus side, Kamada looked less lightweight when he came on, and Sarr looked direct. I thought Nketiah had a good debut and looked lively. A goal or two will do him the world of confidence.

It's also refreshing to see us pushing in the last 10-15 minutes and not running out of gas.

So overall I am positive - a point gained today.

Disappointed not to get 3 points, but from 2 down, a point is better than nothing.

Nketiah showed glimpses today, he was a bit too desperate to get a goal at times so made a couple of bad decisions in good positions, but he is night and day to the lazy @$$ Edouard. Give him some regular game time and he'll soon start knocking them in for fun.

When Sarr came on, I was confident he'd be involved in an equalizer before the game was done. Took us a while to get our man, but he will be exciting to watch, perhaps unfortunately mainly as an impact sub.

I appreciate Wharton is still a young lad, and has come far quickly. He has a great weight of ball. But if he is going to push on to be a world class star, he needs to start thinking about the creative side of his game; when he gets the ball, its like its a hot rock that he wants rid of immediately. Sometimes too quickly. Maybe he needs to challenge himself to play that pass to unlock a defense.

2 points from 4 seems a bit unfair, but its coming together. If you look at the way we pass the ball around the team with confidence, it shows how far we've come in a few years from relying on Wilf nicking one on the break. We should be comfortable this year.

Still a newish manager, a new spine through the team, and new players to gel.

I do not think it would be fair to judge too much after four games, albeit every game is criticial in such a tough league and, on paper, three of our first four games looked winnable.

The players are not finding solutions quickly enough and this is leading to individual inaccuracies and an overall lack of confidence at key moments. Lacroix's running into traffic after dawdling today was the sign of a player who doesn't know well enough yet where his colleagues are going to be. The movement from teammates was poor for him as well. I'm sure that will improve in the coming weeks.

On the plus side, Kamada looked less lightweight when he came on, and Sarr looked direct. I thought Nketiah had a good debut and looked lively. A goal or two will do him the world of confidence.

It's also refreshing to see us pushing in the last 10-15 minutes and not running out of gas.

So overall I am positive - a point gained today.
Exactly! One of the most positive surprises today. Think that he will contribute a lot of sharpness in attack.

Thought we dominated overall. We’re clearly lacking in final third sharpness which will come with time (hopefully soon!).

New players also need to gel.

Glasner has already demonstrated his ability last season so happy to fully support him and give him plenty of time.

Nketiah looked really good today and unlucky not to score.

Early days!!

I think we'll come good. So far we've made a lot of defensive mistakes, but I think that's because we've had to swap and change the back 3 every game so far. With the window shutting so late and then the international break, it's been very disruptive, and a lot of players didn't get much of a rest over the summer.

It'll take a while to gel, then we'll see where we're at.

COYP

Henderson just isn't as good as Johnston ,he is a good shot stopper but he is bad at one to one's and his distribution is awful.
Poor old Mitchell he doesn't seem to be able to pick the right pass in the final third, Thought Will Hughes was our best midfielder when he came on !
That's why Mitchell set up Mateta for the 1st goal.

I see a disconnect between the attacking and defensive players we've bought.

We now have many centre halves, which lends itself to a 3 at the back formation.
This seems to be Glasner's preferred formation and can work very well.

However, the attacking players we have purchased (Nketiah, Kamada, Sarr) don't appear to naturally suit a 343 formation.

In many ways they look out of position in this system.
Even Sarr , who nominally could play on the right of an attacking 3, is compromised as the space on the right which he normally likes to occupy is taken by the attacking Munoz.
This means the right side of the front 3 is expected to tuck in.

With work on the training field, these problems aren't insurmountable, but it will take time , and if we move to a back four there will be some disappointed centre halves on our books who won't be getting game time they expected.

I see a disconnect between the attacking and defensive players we've bought.

We now have many centre halves, which lends itself to a 3 at the back formation.
This seems to be Glasner's preferred formation and can work very well.

However, the attacking players we have purchased (Nketiah, Kamada, Sarr) don't appear to naturally suit a 343 formation.

In many ways they look out of position in this system.
Even Sarr , who nominally could play on the right of an attacking 3, is compromised as the space on the right which he normally likes to occupy is taken by the attacking Munoz.
This means the right side of the front 3 is expected to tuck in.

With work on the training field, these problems aren't insurmountable, but it will take time , and if we move to a back four there will be some disappointed centre halves on our books who won't be getting game time they expected.
Correct, Glasners formation doesn't fit the players, keeper, 3 CDs, 2 DWBs and 2 DM players, that's 8 of the 11, who will be lucky to get 10 goals between them, leaving 3 attacking players to get 15 each, the balance is wrong, we need a formation that includes, Nketiah, Mateta, Eze and Sarr, we have excellent players, it is getting the balance right, i don't understand why Richards didn't play Infront of an a average FB, out of position, and Guehi isn't suited to the Andersen role.

Back