• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

CPFC v Leicester Match Thread

Kamada did start on the bench and came on to good effect with Eze.

Otherwise, agree. However, I am more glass half full on this. I think we will muddle along till the clocks change and the winter quilt goes on in October. After that things will start to look better.

I still see us top half come May with room to spare.
Fair enough. I only saw one half and that was interrupted.
He should be on the bench, but Sarr should start.

I wouldn't predict anything right now.

Apologies if this is already mentioned somewhere else but have just seen Ref watch and they were saying that Mateta was onside using the technology but have a look where the lino is when the ball is played. He's way behind and not in line so how could he give it as offside.

Apologies if this is already mentioned somewhere else but have just seen Ref watch and they were saying that Mateta was onside using the technology but have a look where the lino is when the ball is played. He's way behind and not in line so how could he give it as offside.

Same as everyone one else. He thought because JP's body 'looked' offside, he must be. Natural human reaction, that & he's covering himself because he wasn't up with play.

Same as everyone one else. He thought because JP's body 'looked' offside, he must be. Natural human reaction, that & he's covering himself because he wasn't up with play.
He clearly didn't have the right view (not being up with the play) and so he shouldn't have disallowed the goal. Let VAR decide. Poor officiating and NOT for the first time this season where Palace are concerned.

Last edited:
He clearly didn't have the right view (not being up with the play) and so he shouldn't have disallowed the goal. Let VAR decide. Poor officiating and NOT for the first time this season where Palace are concerned.
Indeed, I thought the mandate was to not flag anything marginal and wait let VAR intervene if needed?

Indeed, I thought the mandate was to not flag anything marginal and wait let VAR intervene if needed?
It'll be a whole lot better when the 'semi-automated' offside tech is available. We've seen it work in Europe(champions league etc), it worked in the Euro's, hardly anyone was questioning the decisions. Have a look during a match & watch when there's a throw in, watch how the 'linesman' generally waits till the 'Ref' decides which way it's going.

Last edited:
It'll be a whole lot better when the 'semi-automated' offside tech is available. We've seen it work in Europe(champions league etc), it worked in the Euro's, hardly anyone was questioning the decisions. Have a look during a match & watch when there's a throw in, watch how how the 'linesman' generally waits till the 'Ref' decides which way it's going.
I agree, the Euro version worked very well and, as I recall, much faster too.

Back