• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Chelsea v CPFC Match Thread

Back from the game, we could have won, MOTM Henderson for me

I’m still on my way home, but I’m happy with a point, especially as at half time it just felt like how long before they finish us off because we’d slipped into Roy mode again.
But second half much better and I agree, Deano motm, he’s definitely grown on me

Kind of agree, but equally he didn't give the ball to the opposition. Had a massive space ahead of him and had a good pass. It was Mateta's back pass that led to the quick break.
Have you seen the highlights? That was no backpass as there was no one up to pass back to. It was a challenge from behind as JP tried to bring the ball under control under pressure.

Guehi feels the need to carry the ball forward and make up for the loss of Andersen’s raking passes. We saw in his last match that he isn’t great in midfield so I reckon he should go back to the day job. Let the midfield get on supporting the forwards.

Didn’t watch the match today as I thought there’d be little to gain from doing so. That wasn’t a whiny, b!tchy, ‘bad supporter’ stance though as I thought; we lost Olise and Andersen who were instrumental to how we played previously, new signings are great but will take time to adjust (some couldn’t play), some of our players still look knackered after a busy summer, the manager is still fairly new and embedding an approach, we started off with two losses in a somewhat bitter manner.

Not to mention, we were away to out-of-control billionaires Chelsea who we have an appalling record against.

A point therefore is an incredible result for me. I’m absolutely delighted. I had readied myself for a rough period, which may well have been without points. I did fear for morale being decimated though and the longer term implications.

COYP, things will get better and hopefully sooner than I expected. The international break is typically unwelcome for me but may be well timed here. Onwards and up upwards.👍

Didn’t watch the match today as I thought there’d be little to gain from doing so. That wasn’t a whiny, b!tchy, ‘bad supporter’ stance though as I thought; we lost Olise and Andersen who were instrumental to how we played previously, new signings are great but will take time to adjust (some couldn’t play), some of our players still look knackered after a busy summer, the manager is still fairly new and embedding an approach, we started off with two losses in a somewhat bitter manner.

Not to mention, we were away to out-of-control billionaires Chelsea who we have an appalling record against.

A point therefore is an incredible result for me. I’m absolutely delighted. I had readied myself for a rough period, which may well have been without points. I did fear for morale being decimated though and the longer term implications.

COYP, things will get better and hopefully sooner than I expected. The international break is typically unwelcome for me but may be well timed here. Onwards and up upwards.👍
The break is very well timed, will give some of our players like Doucoure a rest and our new players a bit of acclimatisation time.

A much needed point.

As I have said several times, we now lack a winger. Olise and Zaha provided an unpredictability factor. We are now rather predictable and rehearsed.
Now Eze has to provide all the flair on his own from the middle of the pitch.

We just aren’t so quick or scary going forward. It’s all too slow.

A much needed point.

As I have said several times, we now lack a winger. Olise and Zaha provided an unpredictability factor. We are now rather predictable and rehearsed.
Now Eze has to provide all the flair on his own from the middle of the pitch.

We just aren’t so quick or scary going forward. It’s all too slow.

Sarr?

What happened to Adam Wharton? I read Glasners post game comments, is he playing with an injury?

We have Adam Wharton’s problems in the last weeks, so he also doesn't go to [England] Under-21s, it's now to manage his problems.

Unquote

From cpfc.co.uk

What happened to Adam Wharton? I read Glasners post game comments, is he playing with an injury?

We have Adam Wharton’s problems in the last weeks, so he also doesn't go to [England] Under-21s, it's now to manage his problems.

Unquote

From cpfc.co.uk
I didn't see much of an upside for Palace releasing first team players for U21s. If he's tired at all, Ollie is doing the right thing by us.

Unquote

From cpfc.co.uk
Suspect it's more emotional than physical, although he might also have a knock, the last few months have been quite full on for him and he needs a chance to reset.

Back