• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

West Ham match thread

Well the honeymoon is well and truly over.. Let's get back to reality and finally stop this nonsensical talk of Europe and the like..

We desperately need another striker. I stand by what I've been saying for the past 12 months that Mitchell is not good enough. I find it unbelievable that he has no competition whatsoever for his place.

Eze is our only attacking outlet and needs help. We look very disjointed and lethargic. What's concerning is that neither Brentford or West Ham were good and yet we've struggled against both.

A point at least against Chelsea is an absolute must or we go into the international break pointless.

Played well but,
Eze, having, (trying), to do too much,
Munoz, nobody playing just inside to allow his overlaps to work,
Mateta, not getting the service, seemed that Eduoard was constricting his space,
Eduoard, unfortunately, not up to the required standard,
Wharton, man of our match,, makes it look so easy,
Riad, did alright for his first game,
Richards, still not sure of him on the right but did better than last week,
Deflections not just falling our way.

This team needs investment, once again everything is left to the last minute, we do not look like a team that can live at this level we have no threat real threat in the final third, it would not surprise me if more want away before deadline day. When will the board realise that cheap and free's are not good enough. We look like certs for a relegation battle once again!
Nonsense. We were right on the ball as we got 2 in very early on. Hardly last minute.

Also the landscape changes. Andersen leaving wasn't expected but I'm sure we have targets. DF will have been working on deals these last weeks also.

No one "wants away" - unless you have a source that states so? You don't so that's just doom mongering.

We have hardly been "cheap". £14m on a defender and midfielder (although I am not a Sarr fan) isn't nothing. Kamada was smart business.

I suppose Lerma was a bad signing because he was free? What nonsense.

Its not about how much money you spend but HOW much value you get. The rules are tough now, especially on clubs our size yet we are well run. We didn't have to panic on June 30th like other clubs did!

We do need more, but OG is putting his stamp on the squad. Give it time.

No one cares about the league table right now. Check it after 10 games. That's the first real marker.

Wetting your pants about relegation now is lunacy. Typical Internet overreaction.

Yes I'm disappointed but it's very early days.
We were not good today, so OG knows work to be done.

Stay calm and stay humble. I trust those in charge.

He was doing what the manager asked pushing up field, that is the problem with playing wing backs, if the other team breaks, you are relying on your back 3.

Never mind Chelsea, M Utd and Liverpool up next, could equal our worst start ever.

It was an issue long before Glasner TBH and I don't feel like the same spaces exist on Munoz' side of the pitch.

Ultimately if the wing back is going to be that offensive then they need to be contributing a lot to our attack and he doesn't do that.

Well the honeymoon is well and truly over.. Let's get back to reality and finally stop this nonsensical talk of Europe and the like..

We desperately need another striker. I stand by what I've been saying for the past 12 months that Mitchell is not good enough. I find it unbelievable that he has no competition whatsoever for his place.

Eze is our only attacking outlet and needs help. We look very disjointed and lethargic. What's concerning is that neither Brentford or West Ham were good and yet we've struggled against both.

A point at least against Chelsea is an absolute must or we go into the international break pointless.
Both Brentford and W Ham were very good defensively and denied us space.

Once again, up until their goal the performance warranted a draw at least, but once again we looked so vulnerable on the counter, especially after Lerma went off. Kamada is not a holding midfielder and he was at fault for the opening goal. Why did he come on in that position instead of Doucoure? Riad, unsurprisingly, was a bit slow to move the ball at times and was a bit lucky not to be responsible for at least one goal in the first half. I think he'll be fine though once he gets used to the speed of the PL.

We didn't create a single decent chance for Mateta and Eduoard, sadly, failed to do anything of note but waste one of our better chances. If Glasner prefers OE over Sarr on the right then the board needs to get their wallets out and replace Olise properly. I'm not panicking as I think we've been ok the last two games, just a bit unlucky and a bit naïve. I don't know how anyone can argue that the team is not weaker than the one that ended last season though.

At least losing might force movements in the transfer market

Not as if we haven't been here before is it ? A season that we didn't want to end last May and full of optimism in August only to be kicked in the nuts with early results .

Need to shuffle the pack and get something that resembles a team on the pitch next week because this lot doesn't look like one .

Depressing

Blimey. Some need to calm down. Last week Brentford had the luck of an incompetent shambles of a ref. This week, we have just been beaten. The team doesn't look awful albeit for a crap player in OE. Sarr looks like he's going to be decent and it's just figuring out the best line up. The defense were fine first half. We are 2 games in... getting your nickers in a twist when we weren't awful is silly.
correct

2023…finish the season strong …then start the next season poorly

2024….finish the season strong…then start this season poorly

Can anyone see a pattern developing

Just back from the game and disgusted at the 2nd half performance. No desire, no movement, no creativity. I thought it was one of Eze's worst games - amazing talent but bone idle. Just stood or walked about showboating in his own half rather than breaking a neck to get into the area. His wirk rate was terrible. Edouard should never have started and Doucoure should have been introduced to firm up the midfield, where we missed Hughes' industry. Wharton did some class passing, but we couldn't get the ball on the net. Mateta looked lacking in pace and obviously is still suffering the effects if the muscle strain from the Olympic final. Overall a disappointing performance against an average West Ham side.

Once again, up until their goal the performance warranted a draw at least, but once again we looked so vulnerable on the counter, especially after Lerma went off. Kamada is not a holding midfielder and he was at fault for the opening goal. Why did he come on in that position instead of Doucoure? Riad, unsurprisingly, was a bit slow to move the ball at times and was a bit lucky not to be responsible for at least one goal in the first half. I think he'll be fine though once he gets used to the speed of the PL.

We didn't create a single decent chance for Mateta and Eduoard, sadly, failed to do anything of note but waste one of our better chances. If Glasner prefers OE over Sarr on the right then the board needs to get their wallets out and replace Olise properly. I'm not panicking as I think we've been ok the last two games, just a bit unlucky and a bit naïve. I don't know how anyone can argue that the team is not weaker than the one that ended last season though.

At least losing might force movements in the transfer market
Oh yes we did. Watch the first half again when Edouard was in a 1:1 with their keeper and shot wide by yards.

Back