• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

West Ham match thread

I was fuming when some of the so called experts tipped us for a relegation battle... But now it seems as though we are back where we left off with Roy.
Sell the important players and not replace them quick enough.... Just love this season in season out.

When Parish wants to sell one of our poor players he asks the Manager to play them praying they will have a good game to increase their price. This happened time and time again with Benteke but he kept failing and his price actually went down. I tend to think same is happening with Eduourd.

I’ll be glad when this poxy window closes and OG can get to work with whatever players we have. How can the management and players work in this way, not knowing who will be here or not. Transfer window being open during the start of the season is fucking ridiculous.

That said, like last week, we should have been well in front.

Lot to do this week and beyond. Frustrating doesn’t even begin to explain this situation.

When Parish wants to sell one of our poor players he asks the Manager to play them praying they will have a good game to increase their price. This happened time and time again with Benteke but he kept failing and his price actually went down. I tend to think same is happening with Eduourd.

its a good theory. Why we keep playing dire fellas. Its one of the very few plausible theories.

A bigger club would sack shyte players in a heartbeat. We seem to keep hoping, beyond hope, that they will come good. Utter madness. Prince Edouard has been shyte for at least 18 months - he doesnt score at the Palace.

This team needs investment, once again everything is left to the last minute, we do not look like a team that can live at this level we have no threat real threat in the final third, it would not surprise me if more want away before deadline day. When will the board realise that cheap and free's are not good enough. We look like certs for a relegation battle once again!

Sorry to dig out a specific player but where the f*** was Mitchell for both goals? Absolutely nowhere as we got ripped open down the left both times.

First goal he was miles out of position, chases back, falls over and then just gives up. Second goal couldn't even see him.

Considering how little he offers offensively there really isn't much excuse for us to be that open down that side. It's been an issue for a long time now and teams target it.
He was doing what the manager asked pushing up field, that is the problem with playing wing backs, if the other team breaks, you are relying on your back 3.

Never mind Chelsea, M Utd and Liverpool up next, could equal our worst start ever.

Blimey. Some need to calm down. Last week Brentford had the luck of an incompetent shambles of a ref. This week, we have just been beaten. The team doesn't look awful albeit for a crap player in OE. Sarr looks like he's going to be decent and it's just figuring out the best line up. The defense were fine first half. We are 2 games in... getting your nickers in a twist when we weren't awful is silly.

Well no great surprise with the score. Now every player we’ll be after will be that much more expensive. How our illustrious Chairman likes to leave it until the last couple of days and we play catch up.
When we don’t get the players in this week I wonder if Glasner will want out.
How we can be so close to looking like we’ll push on and the lack of ambition hampers us again.

Awful performance.

Sloppy passing, short of ideas, not taking chances, no width.

We have to sign a winger and offload Edouard. We also need to look at how our wing back system operates. Getting caught out too often.

So, for all the posters who confidently forecasted we would NEVER be in relegation places, we are 18th ie, 3rd from bottom. We now have to rely on Chelsea or Wolves to lose by 2 clear goals.

Last 7 games of last season, are exactly that, last season. WTF has happened over the summer & can somebody please tell me why we still have OE on our books . . . Grrr

Rant over, sorry.

Why is everyone wetting themselves 🤣🤣?

It's TWO matches FFS.

Yes, I'm disappointed too but some of the rubbish on here....beggars belief.

Look SP doesn't pick the team and MG is the captain and is throughly professional. Anything other than this is disrespectful.

The window isn't helping at all and next week there will be change. I doubt Eze leaves but what we can see is that Eduoard can't do the RAM position. When we had Olise, a settled defence, you can see the difference.

We have new players making debuts, there will be an adjustment period.

Stay calm, stay humble. I wanted 6/6 but it's not to be. On to the next.

Let's see how we fare to the International break.

Watched the first half a thought we were very poor, too many side and back passing, misplaced passes, lack of confidence and little creativity. Apart from Wharton and Eze the best we seemed capable of were hopeful long balls. We were disorganised in defence too and very vulnerable at corners. So I was surprised to read that others thought we did ok.

I only saw the first few minutes of the second half before needing to drive somewhere and within a while we were 2 down!

We look a pale shadow of that vibrant goal machine at the back end of last season. We did ok without Olise in the side before so although he is obviously a big miss we ought to be better than this.

Back