• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Tory Leadership Race

A remain Rupert .... just another Liberal pretending to be a Tory.
I think this could be an issue as I get the impression that he was probably the candidate that would appeal to the wider party membership.

Whilst personally I see this as a bit like being asked to choose which is the prettiest gargoyle, there does seem to be a disjoin between MP' s and the wider party, something we saw in the last few leadership contests.

Right now we have Kemi who seems to say something she thinks will.appeal to the tory right, only to have to 'clarify,' it later and two other candidates both of whom seem to be struggling to position themselves with theirs peers but also the party.

Interesting times.

It doesn't really matter as the likelihood of the winner of this contest being leader at the next General Election is slim

I don't like any of the candidates.

Badenoch needs to improve her image. Lose the braids, get the gappy teeth fixed, and stop speaking before she thinks. She needs to be more stateswoman like. This is Britain, not Jamaica. If she wants to be the Black Margaret Thatcher, then sort it out.

Jenrick is as slimy as a car salesman. Like Banenoch, he says some of the right things, but I wouldn't trust him as far as I could kick him.

Cleverley will probably win, but he wouldn't get my vote. He might make a steady the ship leader, but I'll be surprised if he was still there come the next election.

We will likely get more moderate codswallop that will be useless for addressing the key problems our politicians have created for this country.

I'm not sure of that but I think that he would probably appeal more to the public at large
What, like the voters you mean? Apparently a recent poll (who knows?) found that Tom was the people's favourite. Why would they elect someone who was popular - that would just be silly.

Anyhow, I'm with Hrolf. None of them have the vvrroom needed by a leader.

What, like the voters you mean? Apparently a recent poll (who knows?) found that Tom was the people's favourite. Why would they elect someone who was popular - that would just be silly.

Agree,all lacking in charisma,rather like Sir Keir,who actually underwent Charisma By pass surgery and yet somehow,became leader???

This is more of a crawl than a race,they will fall behind Reform and the Lib Dems at the next election and fade into oblivion. A good bet is wether the SNP get more seats than the tumbling tories next election.Listening to the speeches they have learned zero and still believe they have a divine right to rule.

This is more of a crawl than a race,they will fall behind Reform and the Lib Dems at the next election and fade into oblivion. A good bet is wether the SNP get more seats than the tumbling tories next election.Listening to the speeches they have learned zero and still believe they have a divine right to rule.
Political expediency will see a merger of the Tories with Reform or a Reform takeover prior to the next election to unite the vote.

Political expediency will see a merger of the Tories with Reform or a Reform takeover prior to the next election to unite the vote.
That might seem logical but there is a lot of bad blood in the way of that,Coutts did not get rid of Farage for nothing ,he is an odious self promoting showman.

Or not as the case might be.

I think that either of the remaining two will ensure that Tories remain in the doldrums
No one saw that coming.

Fear of Reform finally takes effect.

I used to criticize Labour for constantly shooting themselves in the foot on leadership - Foot, Corbyn (OBVIUOUSLY!!) the wrong Miliband - but the Tories appear to have taken the mantel of idiocy.

Not the 1st choice of all you neocons on here, but Tugenhat was the only one with the ghost of a chance in 5 years.

Back