• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Tory Leadership Race

Back to the Tory leadership, many years ago I became a member of the party, solely to have a vote for the leadership - and much good has it done me. 😕

Today I received emailed statements from the two contestants, and although such things aren't worth the paper they're written on, I quite liked Kemi's effort. But what I think has decided me was Jenrick's boast that Rees-Mogg is one of his supporters. Blimey, with friends like that, who needs enemies?

Back to the Tory leadership, many years ago I became a member of the party, solely to have a vote for the leadership - and much good has it done me. 😕

Today I received emailed statements from the two contestants, and although such things aren't worth the paper they're written on, I quite liked Kemi's effort. But what I think has decided me was Jenrick's boast that Rees-Mogg is one of his supporters. Blimey, with friends like that, who needs enemies?
The Member of Parliament for the 19th century. 😆

I have had the pleasure of meeting Jacob Rees-Mogg on more than one occasion.
He is a debonair gentleman of gargantuan erudition and the very quintessence of respectability.
Decency oozes from his every pore.

Tory or Labour.....it's all about self interest and power, I don't believe any of them really care.....don't think they have since the days of Thatcher and Foot.

I agree with Academic Agent here....who it should be remembered was a decorated academic when he was a Blair leftist...even voted Remain.

He's changed quite a lot since then and essentially I agree with what he says here.

He is VERY annoying on t.v. a pompous so 'n so.Anything else you want to know.
That's really good. Well done.

You are great at exposing the dislike you have for anyone who is better educated and better off than yourself.

The Leftist mentality in a nutshell.

Autism charities have strongly criticised Kemi Badenoch for her “fundamental lack of understanding of autism and disability”.

Andrew Marr has no doubt about her suitability, she has a problem.

Her mouth.

😎

Two tier policing is happening. You’re in denial.

‘Most of our immigration is managed’. Bullsh1t. Plus there’s plenty of non-skilled and non working (not prepared or intending to work) migrants). There are areas in the country where you could walk down a high street of non national chains on a weekday and it would be like Oxford Street years ago.

Your claim about the critical thinking at degree level would be a valid one if the degree and eventual career in reality required it.
Two tier policing exists only in the imagination of that section of society unable to accept change they don’t like.

By far most of our immigration is managed. Have you ever been involved in assisting someone to obtain a visa? It’s heavily managed and very expensive. You are seriously misinformed. There is an issue with illegals but they represent a tiny percentage of the total. In the year to March there were 38546, down 28% on the previous year. 81% came on small boats.

We need people with critical thinking. My daughter and her husband met at University where they both studied German and European politics. My daughter then worked in finance for Moody’s and Bloomberg whilst her husband became a software engineer. Their degrees had no direct application to their eventual careers.

Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss......Well, actually he's much worse.

The left didn't get rid of the gentry they replaced it with themselves in the guise of now, overly powerful institutions full of useless incompetent people on good taxpayer money.

At least the gentry's sons went to the trenches with the working class men, blew the whistle and went over the top to meet the same fate.

The people who replaced the gentry are just entitled and pathetic and often detest a large section of society and that's not an improvement.
The idea that the “left” have replaced the gentry made me laugh. It’s not the “left” at all. It’s us, the people as a whole, using the power we possess to elect governments.

If anyone disapproves of those who we elect to manage our society then the answer lies in their hands. Moaning about it won’t change things. Campaigning and getting involved does. Make the case, convince others. If they disagree, then accept and respect.

So this comment was meaningless when those involved had no choice in the matter.

One of the nicest things was the service on board from a crew composed of many nationalities who worked hard, happily and completely homogeneously despite their different ethnicities and religious beliefs. They were a pleasure to be around...

In any case how does this situation apply to Croydon/ South London? Can anyone sack all the roadmen and street creatures?
Of course they had a choice! They were offered contracts which contained conditions which applied to both parties. They could have refused the contract, but they accepted. The result was a harmonious crew from a wide range of ethnicities, bound by common standards of both working practices and behaviour.

All work contracts specify what is expected and what will happen if those expectations are not met.

Visas and the granting of residency and citizenship also have conditions attached to them. The means to exercise tighter control already exists. What’s missing is the determination to ensure they are applied and the resources to do so. We could do many things to make sure than anyone seeking to live here understand what is required of them and what will happen if they break their contract.

Of course they had a choice! They were offered contracts which contained conditions which applied to both parties. They could have refused the contract, but they accepted. The result was a harmonious crew from a wide range of ethnicities, bound by common standards of both working practices and behaviour.

All work contracts specify what is expected and what will happen if those expectations are not met.

Visas and the granting of residency and citizenship also have conditions attached to them. The means to exercise tighter control already exists. What’s missing is the determination to ensure they are applied and the resources to do so. We could do many things to make sure than anyone seeking to live here understand what is required of them and what will happen if they break their contract.
How do you know how harmonious they are? Have you ever worked in a service job? They're not throwing plates at each other so they must be one big happy family obviously.
The last paragraph just reinforces the argument about two tier policing. The laws are in place but are differently applied.

Two tier policing exists only in the imagination of that section of society unable to accept change they don’t like.

By far most of our immigration is managed. Have you ever been involved in assisting someone to obtain a visa? It’s heavily managed and very expensive. You are seriously misinformed. There is an issue with illegals but they represent a tiny percentage of the total. In the year to March there were 38546, down 28% on the previous year. 81% came on small boats.

We need people with critical thinking. My daughter and her husband met at University where they both studied German and European politics. My daughter then worked in finance for Moody’s and Bloomberg whilst her husband became a software engineer. Their degrees had no direct application to their eventual careers.
By ‘change’ you mean a complete change of our country? Yes, OUR country. Turning it into a Muslim hell hole? Maybe that’s what Labour mean by ‘voting for change’. Not much actual change, just more of the change to the country. Thanks for that.

Britain has over 750,000 illegal migrants. More than any other country, including Germany. And in the news the UK have let in 250,000 migrants without a criminal record check. If that is what you call ‘By far most of our immigration is managed’ then we may as well leave and let them have the sh1t hole it will become when you admit to immigration being unmanaged or out of control.

I’m not talking about people in universities and jobs like your daughter and husband. That is again you in your little bubble talking. I’m talking about sh1tty degrees at universities in east London or Hull. What’s the point?

Last edited:
By ‘change’ you mean a complete change of our country? Yes, OUR country. Turning it into a Muslim hell hole? Maybe that’s what Labour mean by ‘voting for change’. Not much actual change, just more of the change to the country. Thanks for that.

Britain has over 750,000 illegal migrants. More than any other country, including Germany.

I’m not talking about people in universities and jobs like your daughter and husband. That is again you in your little bubble talking. I’m talking about sh1tty degrees at universities in east London or Hull. What’s the point?

Probably a lot more than 750,000.

How do you know how harmonious they are? Have you ever worked in a service job? They're not throwing plates at each other so they must be one big happy family obviously.
The last paragraph just reinforces the argument about two tier policing. The laws are in place but are differently applied.
The comment was directed at the crew members I observed working together. Something I have witnessed several times before and is supported by many others who observe the same thing. Just read reviews if you don’t believe me. When they leave the ship for their own social times they do so in multi ethnic groups who look to be having fun together. There’s no acting involved in that.

“Two tier policing” is an ignorant piece of propaganda by the right. It misrepresents the reality of policing in the real world. The police have always had to make decisions on how best to effectively discharge their duties and that necessarily requires them to respond to different situations in the most appropriate way. Not identically, with one size to fit all.

It’s just another moan from people who don’t like change.

The comment was directed at the crew members I observed working together. Something I have witnessed several times before and is supported by many others who observe the same thing. Just read reviews if you don’t believe me. When they leave the ship for their own social times they do so in multi ethnic groups who look to be having fun together. There’s no acting involved in that.

“Two tier policing” is an ignorant piece of propaganda by the right. It misrepresents the reality of policing in the real world. The police have always had to make decisions on how best to effectively discharge their duties and that necessarily requires them to respond to different situations in the most appropriate way. Not identically, with one size to fit all.

There are a lot of people who believe ignorant pieces of propaganda then.

You’ve just nullified your own point without realising it again. You said it yourself. They’re at work and a working situation together.

In your eyes 1) white flight doesn’t happen, 2) ethnic minorities (Muslims especially) don’t stick in their own communities and expand, 3) people at work on a cruise ship for a few months is no different from the streets of South London. And you’ve spent half a day in Croydon and Selhurst in god knows how long. At least some people admit they live in a bubble, safely miles from any problems.

Back