• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Tory Leadership Race

The electorate turfed out the Tories because of the fact that they have a divine right to rule they think they can get away with anything ,they are very self entitled,they are very smug and deep down look down on the working class,they introduced tendering to reduce wages below a living wage level,in defeat they have shown no humility this is clear by Badenoch's attitude which is feisty and in your face.They will remain unelectable until they show contrition.Unlike a lot of posters I prefer to write facts rather than name calling.

The electorate turfed out the Tories because of the fact that they have a divine right to rule they think they can get away with anything ,they are very self entitled,they are very smug and deep down look down on the working class,they introduced tendering to reduce wages below a living wage level,in defeat they have shown no humility this is clear by Badenoch's attitude which is feisty and in your face.They will remain unelectable until they show contrition.Unlike a lot of posters I prefer to write facts rather than name calling.
With the utmost respect what you deem "Facts", I consider "Work of fiction" in respect of some of the charges in your contribution to the debate. Suffice to say your comments have not met with my approbation.We will have to agree to disagree but I respect your right to express your opinion.

Returning to the leadership election, I am in the camp of Robert Jenrick and do not envisage switching allegiance towards Kemi Badenoch.I keep perusing that Badenoch is the favourite with the membership, however I have been in conversation with a number of members and in the main they are supporting Jenrick.I accept this is a small sample.

With the utmost respect what you deem "Facts", I consider "Work of fiction" in respect of some of the charges in your contribution to the debate. Suffice to say your comments have not met with my approbation.We will have to agree to disagree but I respect your right to express your opinion.

Returning to the leadership election, I am in the camp of Robert Jenrick and do not envisage switching allegiance towards Kemi Badenoch.I keep perusing that Badenoch is the favourite with the membership, however I have been in conversation with a number of members and in the main they are supporting Jenrick.I accept this is a small sample.
That is the sort of stuff I mean, i never sought your approbation, that is a good example of a total lack of humility. The tories will spend a long time wilting in the wilderness.

That is the sort of stuff I mean, i never sought your approbation, that is a good example of a total lack of humility. The tories will spend a long time wilting in the wilderness.
You never sought my approbation so I assume you are not disappointed that it was not forthcoming.
Your comments did not meet with my approval so I was within my right to express such a viewpoint.

There were a number of reasons why the Conservatives were not re-elected, we accept that we lost the trust of the electorate and we have to regain that trust and earn the right to be heard once more.

You never sought my approbation so I assume you are not disappointed that it was not forthcoming.
Your comments did not meet with my approval so I was within my right to express such a viewpoint.

There were a number of reasons why the Conservatives were not re-elected, we accept that we lost the trust of the electorate and we have to regain that trust and earn the right to be heard once more.
Can we agree that the tory attitude of the working class doffing their cap to the gentry are firmly over?

I do not recognise such an attitude.
On that note I need to depart the esteemed HOL as I have an appointment for a flu injection.Covid injection next Sunday !
I doff my hat!! 🙂
I thought you had already been injected with an overdose of sesquipedalianism.

Can we agree that the tory attitude of the working class doffing their cap to the gentry are firmly over?
Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss......Well, actually he's much worse.

The left didn't get rid of the gentry they replaced it with themselves in the guise of now, overly powerful institutions full of useless incompetent people on good taxpayer money.

At least the gentry's sons went to the trenches with the working class men, blew the whistle and went over the top to meet the same fate.

The people who replaced the gentry are just entitled and pathetic and often detest a large section of society and that's not an improvement.

Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss......Well, actually he's much worse.

The left didn't get rid of the gentry they replaced it with themselves in the guise of now, overly powerful institutions full of useless incompetent people on good taxpayer money.

At least the gentry's sons went to the trenches with the working class men, blew the whistle and went over the top to meet the same fate.

The people who replaced the gentry are just entitled and pathetic and often detest a large section of society and that's not an improvement.
At least the visible signs of servitude are not welcome in society, I have neighbours who think they are very special but simply do not have the means to carry it off.

At least the visible signs of servitude are not welcome in society, I have neighbours who think they are very special but simply do not have the means to carry it off.
Like I say, all that happened was the power shifted to another set. The working class are still looked down on....except now it's middle class lefties mostly in institutions doing it.

They think they are wonderful and that white van man is the pits. I'm not seeing the improvement, only an actual decline.

At least the gentry who felt superior weren't on the taxpayer dime.

Like I say, all that happened was the power shifted to another set. The working class are still looked down on....except now it's middle class lefties mostly in institutions doing it.

They think they are wonderful and that white van man is the pits. I'm not seeing the improvement, only an actual decline.

At least the gentry who felt superior weren't on the taxpayer dime.
My point was that there was obvious class snobbery ,nowadays people THINK they are superior but they have to keep it to to themselves.

My point was that there was obvious class snobbery ,nowadays people THINK they are superior but they have to keep it to to themselves.
My retinue of friends and acquaintances include those that could be described as 'High on the hog'. They are certainly no Zeppelins of pomposity looking down at any of their fellow citizens.

One is an eloquent medical Consultant who employs a cleaner whose son engages in protracted conversations with him. The young chap once commented that he was honoured that such an esteemed gentleman spent time 'Chewing the cud' on a regular basis.He was informed that the Consultant was no better than him and that the teenager had qualities and skills that he did not possess.Humility personified.

My retinue of friends and acquaintances include those that could be described as 'High on the hog'. They are certainly no Zeppelins of pomposity looking down at any of their fellow citizens.

One is an eloquent medical Consultant who employs a cleaner whose son engages in protracted conversations with him. The young chap once commented that he was honoured that such an esteemed gentleman spent time 'Chewing the cud' on a regular basis.He was informed that the Consultant was no better than him and that the teenager had qualities and skills that he did not possess.Humility personified.
I don't think one off anecdotal tales prove very much. I hope your jab went well, i've had mine.

It depends on what you mean by rare! It’s certainly not a common condition but seems to be being recognised as existing in more people than was previously thought. I leave it to the experts to determine. Experts who are not, despite the cynicism of the right, pushing people to claim they have it. Indeed quite the reverse. That is my only personal knowledge of the area as I am aware of the very lengthy and detailed assessments that are made.

The police must apply the law. They don’t make it. They need to react to different circumstances in different ways to do so. That some don’t like it is inevitable and has always been true. You don’t. I do.

Most of our immigration is managed. That you would manage it in a way that would result in even greater skill shortages gives me relief that those who think that way are not in government and extremely unlikely ever to be. The actual degree obtained is often less important than going through the process of obtaining it. Learning critical thinking is essential.

Starmer is not my man. However the concentration on the froth surrounding government continues to obscure the actual work being done. There has actually been a decent start by the new government with several initiatives that will bear fruit in time. How the voters will respond 54 months time remains to be seen.
Two tier policing is happening. You’re in denial.

‘Most of our immigration is managed’. Bullsh1t. Plus there’s plenty of non-skilled and non working (not prepared or intending to work) migrants). There are areas in the country where you could walk down a high street of non national chains on a weekday and it would be like Oxford Street years ago.

Your claim about the critical thinking at degree level would be a valid one if the degree and eventual career in reality required it.

I don't think one off anecdotal tales prove very much. I hope your jab went well, i've had mine.
I could of course provide several similar examples. My salient point is that having mingled with many who are in privileged positions I have never been privy to any remarks displaying a superior attitude towards others.

Apropos my 'Jab', it was administered by a charming lady. Just a touch of soreness at present which is a natural reaction to such an injection.

Any worker anywhere risks being sacked if they don’t meet certain criteria.

The only difference is the criteria.

So this comment was meaningless when those involved had no choice in the matter.

One of the nicest things was the service on board from a crew composed of many nationalities who worked hard, happily and completely homogeneously despite their different ethnicities and religious beliefs. They were a pleasure to be around...

In any case how does this situation apply to Croydon/ South London? Can anyone sack all the roadmen and street creatures?

I remember being 'High on the hog' many times after those nightclub nights in the nineties.

I just can't remember any of the girl's names though.

Back