• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Tory Leadership Race

POWER is the only outcome.I hope the Tories enjoy bleating on the sidelines.Your Argument is as futile as d*ck sizes.

I appreciate the honesty.

This is a basic of elite theory and something that's has been contributed and written about by heavyweight writers on both left and right since before Machiavelli.

What you have said could of course have been said by the right to progressives thirty years ago.....the alphabet set and the climate zealots....all of whom form part of today's establishment and favoured classes.

Just as long as when the tables eventually turn.....probably not in a way either of us like.....you then don't complain about it and accept that yes....power is the only outcome.

No, it was the totally unrepresentative group of right wing activists and blue rinse Home Counties ladies who comprise the Tory membership who delivered Johnson and Truss. Not the bulk who actually voted Tory. They no more want right wing politics than they want the Corbyn type of Labour.

Most of us are middle of the road social democrats and not on the fringes.
You need to wake up to where the Tory vote went to in the election and to who smashed the Tories in the last few Euro elections.. Sir Nigel!
The public kept voting Tory but we're given one nation liberal crap for MP's and policies instead of conservative values.
Green crap..
Trans crap..
Woke police..
Mass immigration...
All on the Tories, nothing conservative about these changes under their watch..

Listen to Kemi .. they talked right but gave left ... Cameron and May moved the party massively to the left of the middle ground.

The tone of many posts here seem to me to be little short of racist and bigoted. I might be outnumbered in this echo chamber but not out in the real world. That my contributions here might be regarded negatively doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Indeed it would concern me if they were widely appreciated as I don’t seek approval from racists or bigots. I am not on a crusade but I do like to insert a little realism into the wild ideas that exist here. If you like that kind of atmosphere then good luck. It’s pretty unhealthy, in my opinion.

I was on a cruise in the Adriatic with my wife and yes it was very pleasant thank you, visiting places new to me. One of the nicest things was the service on board from a crew composed of many nationalities who worked hard, happily and completely homogeneously despite their different ethnicities and religious beliefs. They were a pleasure to be around and provided a lesson to some of the more ignorant among our fellow passengers.
So a little short of being a racist IYO is a racist.

'Tories cannot win elections with Badenoch or Jenrick, warns Britain’s top pollster John Curtice'.​

The tories look like that happy band of serial losers you used to find in betting shops.

😎

'Tories cannot win elections with Badenoch or Jenrick, warns Britain’s top pollster John Curtice'.​

The tories look like that happy band of serial losers you used to find in betting shops.

😎
'But how does this affect you personally?'.....as the left like to say.

I don't think Labour can win with Starmer......and I very much doubt the Tories or Reform will be separate parties by the next election or have the same leader.

'But how does this affect you personally?'.....as the left like to say.

I don't think Labour can win with Starmer......and I very much doubt the Tories or Reform will be separate parties by the next election or have the same leader.
If the Tories joined with reform it would be one long fight. Can you imagine Bad- as- ever with Farage in the same room it would be WWE.

So a little short of being a racist IYO is a racist.
That the posts are little short often indicates a forced restraint with the language, and not the actual attitudes of the poster.

Give them a different environment and the restraint will be relaxed. Just as during my post bowls social one of my colleagues described both of the remaining Tory leadership contenders as Nazis, differentiated only by their skin colour. I would never use such a description here, even if I agreed with it. Which I don’t.

That the posts are little short often indicates a forced restraint with the language, and not the actual attitudes of the poster.

Give them a different environment and the restraint will be relaxed. Just as during my post bowls social one of my colleagues described both of the remaining Tory leadership contenders as Nazis, differentiated only by their skin colour. I would never use such a description here, even if I agreed with it. Which I don’t.
The only thing we do know is that the tory election will produce a turkey for Christmas.

You need to wake up to where the Tory vote went to in the election and to who smashed the Tories in the last few Euro elections.. Sir Nigel!
The public kept voting Tory but we're given one nation liberal crap for MP's and policies instead of conservative values.
Green crap..
Trans crap..
Woke police..
Mass immigration...
All on the Tories, nothing conservative about these changes under their watch..

Listen to Kemi .. they talked right but gave left ... Cameron and May moved the party massively to the left of the middle ground.

The right went to Reform certainly. Most loyal Tories stayed loyal. The floating votes went either to Labour or the LibDems. There are a lot of floating voters. All centralists whose votes decide who forms governments.

Reform could never form a government on their own. Now their only partner will fight them for the right and split that vote. Whoever leads the Tories will try to keep the centralists onboard with one nation rhetoric but it won’t work. The Tories are now a busted flush.

Just because the right don’t approve of progressive politics of the kind in your list, does not mean that the majority don’t. Most want to see social progress alongside sensible economic policies.

Like others I quite quickly used the ignore button. There are voices on the left and centre that are worth engaging with and there are clearly mentally unwell and dishonest ones which only exist to troll and take advantage of the right's better commitment to free speech.

It's a testament to us that he's allowed to post, unlike many of us would be on the bbs, and that others are allowed to hear him, but for many of us the Hol is a more pleasant experience without having to read his bad faith arguments.
I continue to respond to posts like this.

When any poster claims to be an expert on every subject under the sun, whilst expressing some seriously unpleasant views, and then decides they are qualified to determine the mental health of those who expose their hypocrisy then you can see why. To accuse me of bad faith is risible.

The ignore button is just the refuge of cowards who cannot tolerate criticism because they know they don’t have answers other than repeating what has routinely been debunked.

I don’t use the BBS but if any of the right wing cohort here has been banned from there I can well understand why. The strict application of this site’s rules would also see them banned. That’s the difference. One site strictly applies rules. Another takes a more liberal approach. Which is somewhat ironic.

Back