• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Tory Leadership Race

The News & Politics Forum has been a revelation this past week. I have thoroughly enjoyed not having you ruin every thread / topic with your patronising, self entitled posts.
I suspect not nearly as much as me enjoying where I have been but Hey Ho, I am happy for you.

Having read a few of the posts made whilst I have been away I fail to detect anything the least revealing. It’s just been the standard repetitive and totally predictable outpouring of the unrealistic expectations of the far right members who dominate this section. Nothing new.

I suspect not nearly as much as me enjoying where I have been but Hey Ho, I am happy for you.

Having read a few of the posts made whilst I have been away I fail to detect anything the least revealing. It’s just been the standard repetitive and totally predictable outpouring of the unrealistic expectations of the far right members who dominate this section. Nothing new.
Welcome back .. why you were away your lefty clueless government is sucking up to China..
Giving away Islands..
Asking ex leaders of Taiwan not to come to the UK..
Changing our ambassador to China who had extended only a few months back..
Your idiot Lamy off out there on Monday..

If they alienate most voters the Tories will spend a generation in the wilderness.I'm overjoyed.
I think it will finish them.

Fighting Reform for the hard right vote will though ensure both remain impotent, probably for ever but certainly for many years. Any major party cannot expect to hold power without controlling the centre ground.

I think this is a major opportunity for the LibDems. Disaffected centrist Tories won’t vote for a party led by Badenoch and Labour will haemorrhage votes to them as the incumbent party always gets the blame for things.

I predict a Labour/LibDem coalition in 2029 with a move to PR being the price that the LibDems extract. Something that Farage will support and which will be the final nail in the Tory’s coffin.

You are wrong (as usual). You cannot begin to imagine just how good it was and you alarmingly underestimate the pleasure it brought.

Welcome back .. why you were away your lefty clueless government is sucking up to China..
Giving away Islands..
Asking ex leaders of Taiwan not to come to the UK..
Changing our ambassador to China who had extended only a few months back..
Your idiot Lamy off out there on Monday..
Perhaps you haven’t read too many of my posts but I am a traditional one nation Conservative voter. I judge Labour on what they do. I am as far from being a “lefty” as sharing the views of the far right who post here. This government do not appear to really be “lefty” in any meaningful way either.

Lamy does not inspire me either and seems completely unqualified for his job.

You are wrong (as usual). You cannot begin to imagine just how good it was and you alarmingly underestimate the pleasure it brought.
If that is even half true then you have my sincere sympathy as you must have a desperately sad life if such a tiny thing can deliver such pleasure.

Try getting out and seeing the world more. It’s what I was doing last week and I didn’t miss anyone here at all. Indeed I gave the HoL no thoughts at all.

Perhaps you haven’t read too many of my posts but I am a traditional one nation Conservative voter. I judge Labour on what they do. I am as far from being a “lefty” as sharing the views of the far right who post here. This government do not appear to really be “lefty” in any meaningful way either.

Lamy does not inspire me either and seems completely unqualified for his job.
One Nation Tory = Liberal ... be true to yourself and it's one nation that was rejected at the last election.
How you can believe this government is not lefty rather proves the point.

If that is even half true then you have my sincere sympathy as you must have a desperately sad life if such a tiny thing can deliver such pleasure.

Try getting out and seeing the world more. It’s what I was doing last week and I didn’t miss anyone here at all. Indeed I gave the HoL no thoughts at all.
A lie. ‘’Having read a few of the posts made whilst I have been away’’ is what you said in an earlier post.

Pure Comedy!

I neither need or want your sympathy and as a BA Gold card holder for the past 10 years I do rather think you have underestimated me again! Keep Trying 🤪

Pure Comedy!

I neither need or want your sympathy and as a BA Gold card holder for the past 10 years I do rather think you have underestimated me again! Keep Trying 🤪
Then what excuse do you have for getting so much pleasure out of something so irrelevant as me being absent for a few days?

That’s what’s really funny. Although also rather pathetic.

Because you not posting on the politics forum was not a ‘tiny thing’. It was a breath of fresh air (IMHO) and made for a refreshing change, the forum had a much more pleasant atmosphere about it.

I find the tone of your posts condescending and patronising and the content is getting more and more questionable and out of touch. You seem to be on a one man crusade against the rest of the forum and it just gets very tiresome. Hence it really was a rather pleasant week whilst you were away.

Having said all that I’m glad you had a good time, where did you go?

One Nation Tory = Liberal ... be true to yourself and it's one nation that was rejected at the last election.
How you can believe this government is not lefty rather proves the point.
Not in any way.

Many of the most effective and best regarded Tory leaders have been from the One Nation tradition. From Disraeli and Baldwin to Cameron and May. With many stops along the way, MacMillan and Heath for instance. Even Thatcher at one time claimed she supported One Nation principles. Johnson too claimed he was a One Nation Tory but that’s just him. He wasn’t anything but self serving.

As to being rejected, it wasn’t! The Tories abandoned common sense when they chose Johnson and then Truss and now look like doing it again with the slime ball who is Badenoch. Sunak had no chance of repairing that damage.

Because you not posting on the politics forum was not a ‘tiny thing’. It was a breath of fresh air (IMHO) and made for a refreshing change, the forum had a much more pleasant atmosphere about it.

I find the tone of your posts condescending and patronising and the content is getting more and more questionable and out of touch. You seem to be on a one man crusade against the rest of the forum and it just gets very tiresome. Hence it really was a rather pleasant week whilst you were away.

The tone of many posts here seem to me to be little short of racist and bigoted. I might be outnumbered in this echo chamber but not out in the real world. That my contributions here might be regarded negatively doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Indeed it would concern me if they were widely appreciated as I don’t seek approval from racists or bigots. I am not on a crusade but I do like to insert a little realism into the wild ideas that exist here. If you like that kind of atmosphere then good luck. It’s pretty unhealthy, in my opinion.

I was on a cruise in the Adriatic with my wife and yes it was very pleasant thank you, visiting places new to me. One of the nicest things was the service on board from a crew composed of many nationalities who worked hard, happily and completely homogeneously despite their different ethnicities and religious beliefs. They were a pleasure to be around and provided a lesson to some of the more ignorant among our fellow passengers.

Not in any way.

Many of the most effective and best regarded Tory leaders have been from the One Nation tradition. From Disraeli and Baldwin to Cameron and May. With many stops along the way, MacMillan and Heath for instance. Even Thatcher at one time claimed she supported One Nation principles. Johnson too claimed he was a One Nation Tory but that’s just him. He wasn’t anything but self serving.

As to being rejected, it wasn’t! The Tories abandoned common sense when they chose Johnson and then Truss and now look like doing it again with the slime ball who is Badenoch. Sunak had no chance of repairing that damage.
Cameron and May got you Boris and Truss ... the public voted Tory and got Liberals time and time again and it's why the Tory vote didn't vote Tory at the last election.

Like others I quite quickly used the ignore button. There are voices on the left and centre that are worth engaging with and there are clearly mentally unwell and dishonest ones which only exist to troll and take advantage of the right's better commitment to free speech.

It's a testament to us that he's allowed to post, unlike many of us would be on the bbs, and that others are allowed to hear him, but for many of us the Hol is a more pleasant experience without having to read his bad faith arguments.

The tone of many posts here seem to me to be little short of racist and bigoted. I might be outnumbered in this echo chamber but not out in the real world. That my contributions here might be regarded negatively doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Indeed it would concern me if they were widely appreciated as I don’t seek approval from racists or bigots. I am not on a crusade but I do like to insert a little realism into the wild ideas that exist here. If you like that kind of atmosphere then good luck. It’s pretty unhealthy, in my opinion.

I was on a cruise in the Adriatic with my wife and yes it was very pleasant thank you, visiting places new to me. One of the nicest things was the service on board from a crew composed of many nationalities who worked hard, happily and completely homogeneously despite their different ethnicities and religious beliefs. They were a pleasure to be around and provided a lesson to some of the more ignorant among our fellow passengers.
The man who goes on about ‘enclaves’ but lives in a white one that’s over 200 miles away from ‘multiculturalism’ continues to broadcast his superiority on the matter after dipping his toe into a multicultural business of full time workers. Yep, you can a lot from working people who are on a ship… to… guess what… work! The same man who hasn’t been to or through Croydon in many years and probably not London either. The only cultural difference that’s a hot topic in his bowls club is whether you put jam or cream in a scone first.

Cameron and May got you Boris and Truss ... the public voted Tory and got Liberals time and time again and it's why the Tory vote didn't vote Tory at the last election.
No, it was the totally unrepresentative group of right wing activists and blue rinse Home Counties ladies who comprise the Tory membership who delivered Johnson and Truss. Not the bulk who actually voted Tory. They no more want right wing politics than they want the Corbyn type of Labour.

Most of us are middle of the road social democrats and not on the fringes.

In terms of the leadership election, the majority of members with whom I have engaged in conversation have asserted that they will be casting their vote for Jenrick but of course this is only a fraction of the overall membership.At present, I am leaning firmly towards Jenrick.

The man who goes on about ‘enclaves’ but lives in a white one that’s over 200 miles away from ‘multiculturalism’ continues to broadcast his superiority on the matter after dipping his toe into a multicultural business of full time workers. Yep, you can a lot from working people who are on a ship… to… guess what… work! The same man who hasn’t been to or through Croydon in many years and probably not London either. The only cultural difference that’s a hot topic in his bowls club is whether you put jam or cream in a scone first.
Says the man who mentions “whiteness” in every post.

The ship proves that with good leadership, fair treatment and the lack of radical influence people cannot just get along but thrive and become friends. It was genuinely heartwarming to witness and both inspirational and confirmation of my beliefs.

As I explained before I was in Croydon earlier this year, visiting my parents grave, my childhood location and Selhurst whilst there.

I am playing bowls this morning and will chew the cud with my colleagues afterwards. I doubt whether cream teas will be on the agenda unless I bring it up as a consequence of the above post and the intended insult. They might enjoy taking the p*ss out of such ignorance.

Back