• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Sentences too harsh!

It didn’t take long for this kind of reaction did it?

I listened to the radio summary of the Judge’s reasoning as it was being given. This explained the guidelines he had to follow and how the mitigation would be considered.

I knew then how the cohort here, on hearing the sentence, would react to it.

To fully understand why Edwards has had his sentence suspended you must hear that reasoning. The Judge had access to Edwards past history, his upbringing, mental health issues, assessments by experts on the likelyhood of reoffending and contrition. Things none of us have.

There is no comparison with the circumstances surrounding the recent rioting.
It's the correct and appropriate reaction to be appalled by this. Anyone who isn't supports paedophiles. It's an inappropriate reaction to start berating people for an entirely rational viewpoint.
We're seeing people with slightly racist memes go to prison, whilst people who peddle, distribute, pay for and hoard images of children being abused, raped and sexually assaulted are free to continue.

Words fail me.
Me too. Children as young as 7! Yes 7. Mental health issues my arse, he was looking at these images whilst being paid shitloads for presenting on BBC. Where were the mental health issues then? Magistrate needs to hang his head in shame, I wonder if he has children/grandchildren. This just proves there is a 2 tier sentencing policy in place. Did any of the “rioters” get a suspended sentence. Of course, saying naughty words is far more serious than being a paedophile, what a shitty world we live in

I listened to the radio summary of the Judge’s reasoning as it was being given. This explained the guidelines he had to follow and how the mitigation would be considered.

To fully understand why Edwards has had his sentence suspended you must hear that reasoning. The Judge had access to Edwards past history, his upbringing, mental health issues, assessments by experts on the likelyhood of reoffending and contrition. Things none of us have.

You are right, there is absolutely no comparison between the recent “riots” and a paedophile looking at images of young children. I cannot believe that anyone can support him not being given a custodial sentence.
Did they consider upbringing, past history, mental health issues, assessments by experts and likelihood of reoffending on any of the ‘ rioters”? Of course not, they were hung drawn and quartered within days.
I am dismayed at your support of this sentencing given you have children/ grandchildren

You are right, there is absolutely no comparison between the recent “riots” and a paedophile looking at images of young children. I cannot believe that anyone can support him not being given a custodial sentence.
Did they consider upbringing, past history, mental health issues, assessments by experts and likelihood of reoffending on any of the ‘ rioters”? Of course not, they were hung drawn and quartered within days.
I am dismayed at your support of this sentencing given you have children/ grandchildren
There was one with ADHD that was merely mocked in the press as an "excuse". Despite clearly having an actual diagnosis prior to the offence. Huw Edwards' sudden mental health issues after being exposed are bull s***. I hope he has an unfortunate accident. Sheer scum.

The judge should be removed.

I heard the summary. Have you?

I just love the way some people think they can do other people’s jobs better than them but without any training or experience.

I am so glad that we don’t expect Judges to be border officers, teachers or plumbers.

What the sentencing guidelines and reasoning were in the completely unrelated cases consequent on the recent rioting have no bearing whatsoever on this case. Deterring rioting would not be helped by whatever sentence was given to Edwards.

By suspending a jail sentence he has been put on notice that any transgression means immediate arrest and jail. He must also undergo a sex offenders course lasting several months and will be on the sex offenders register for 7 years.

If the purpose of sentences is to punish, rehabilitate and protect the public I can easily understand why any Judge would conclude these measures, taken together, provide a better remedy than an immediate custodial sentence.

No warning of custodial sentences to nonces and sexual deviants like there was to the far right then. It’s just so clear

None of which happened with the so called far right. Gotcha.

It's the correct and appropriate reaction to be appalled by this. Anyone who isn't supports paedophiles. It's an inappropriate reaction to start berating people for an entirely rational viewpoint.
We're seeing people with slightly racist memes go to prison, whilst people who peddle, distribute, pay for and hoard images of children being abused, raped and sexually assaulted are free to continue.
You are another rushing to judgement without hearing the lengthy and comprehensive reasoning of the Judge involved.

Seeking to make any comparison with unrelated cases is to just add confusion to misunderstanding. If you want to criticise the sentences handed out because of the rioting, which I don’t, by all means do so but not by reference to this case.

The reactions might be predictable but they aren’t rational.

Maybe he just disagrees with everything on here as a hobby.

None of which happened with the so called far right. Gotcha.
When guilty pleas were offered but no mitigation, then that’s what happens.

When clear video evidence exists, with any excuses being raised, then sentencing is swift.

If any of those convicted feel they have reason to believe they have a case for appeal against their sentences because their mental health wasn’t considered or that they were denied the opportunity to have it reviewed then there are ways for them to achieve that.

I heard the summary. Have you?

I just love the way some people think they can do other people’s jobs better than them but without any training or experience.

I am so glad that we don’t expect Judges to be border officers, teachers or plumbers.

What the sentencing guidelines and reasoning were in the completely unrelated cases consequent on the recent rioting have no bearing whatsoever on this case. Deterring rioting would not be helped by whatever sentence was given to Edwards.

By suspending a jail sentence he has been put on notice that any transgression means immediate arrest and jail. He must also undergo a sex offenders course lasting several months and will be on the sex offenders register for 7 years.

If the purpose of sentences is to punish, rehabilitate and protect the public I can easily understand why any Judge would conclude these measures, taken together, provide a better remedy than an immediate custodial sentence.
I listened to most of it, thanks but turned off when I became too angry. I really can’t understand your stance on this, unless you are just doing it for a wind up. If you honestly believe viewing obscene images of children as you as 7, does not warrant a custodial sentence, that is shameful.
Perhaps you could give us your views on Paedophillia.
Can’t see what relevance his upbringing has, seems a rather privileged one. His mother was a teacher, I wonder what her views of her son would be.

When clear video evidence exists, with any excuses being raised, then sentencing is swift.

If any of those convicted feel they have reason to believe they have a case for appeal against their sentences because their mental health wasn’t considered or that they were denied the opportunity to have it reviewed then there are ways for them to achieve that.
You know full well that they would not win an appeal because of who they are. That’s if they were even afforded the luxury of an appeal, which I doubt

But the Manchester airport thugs are still free. Funny that.

Yeah of course the so called far right thugs will get those cases reviewed. That bloke who shared memes has tried this because he’s lost his job and can’t get another, but never mind. He’s far right.

Last edited:
I listened to most of it, thanks but turned off when I became too angry. I really can’t understand your stance on this, unless you are just doing it for a wind up. If you honestly believe viewing obscene images of children as you as 7, does not warrant a custodial sentence, that is shameful.
Perhaps you could give us your views on Paedophillia.
Can’t see what relevance his upbringing has, seems a rather privileged one. His mother was a teacher, I wonder what her views of her son would be.
So full of it I’m considering the ignore option again. A disgraceful stance to take. Should be ashamed of himself. Defending nonces. What next?

Back