• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Sentences too harsh!

The system hates you. It hates your children. It hates you if you kick up a fuss if your children are groomed/abused. It wants images of that grooming/abuse to be available to members of that system and when they do end up in court, they will not put them in prison because they deem it not worthy of such. The system wants this kind of thing decriminalised.

There is no way of voting against this system.

The system is your enemy. It literally wants you reduced to nothing more than Cattle status.

There was one with ADHD that was merely mocked in the press as an "excuse". Despite clearly having an actual diagnosis prior to the offence. Huw Edwards' sudden mental health issues after being exposed are bull s***. I hope he has an unfortunate accident. Sheer scum.

The judge should be removed.
Being higher middle class, an establishment neo liberal and working for the BBC is a high bar for our judiciary to send down.

Now, if he'd had been right wing and had made some dodgy tweets he'd be tucking into some proper porridge.

The system hates you. It hates your children. It hates you if you kick up a fuss if your children are groomed/abused. It wants images of that grooming/abuse to be available to members of that system and when they do end up in court, they will not put them in prison because they deem it not worthy of such. The system wants this kind of thing decriminalised.

The system is your enemy. It literally wants you reduced to nothing more than Cattle status.
They are traitors in power.

Effectively, yes. I am not surprised he’s been given a suspended sentence. This summer I’ve seen many reports of these sex cases walking free over the last couple of years. It is no wonder there are vigilante groups catching online child rapists.

There’s one member of a vigilante group who’s trapped thousands of nonces. He was sentenced for shouting at a pro Palestine rally because he was so angry about his experiences. A woman in one Scandinavian country I can’t remember took matters into her own hands after being raped by a newcomer to the country. I think her brothers murdered him in the forest.

I listened to most of it, thanks but turned off when I became too angry. I really can’t understand your stance on this, unless you are just doing it for a wind up. If you honestly believe viewing obscene images of children as you as 7, does not warrant a custodial sentence, that is shameful.
Perhaps you could give us your views on Paedophillia.
Can’t see what relevance his upbringing has, seems a rather privileged one. His mother was a teacher, I wonder what her views of her son would be.
It’s not what you, or I, think is warranted! It’s allowing those in possession of all the facts, and who have been trained how to evaluate them, to decide what is the appropriate way to achieve the objectives that any sentence is designed to achieve. Locking someone up isn’t necessarily the best way to achieve them.

Edwards is not a free man. He must report his movements to the Police for the next 7 years, and attend a lengthy sex offenders course. His reputation is shredded and remains, I believe, an inpatient in hospital. He is a suicide risk. His wife has left him. It was said that his father was an authoritarian who abused him.

I am as disgusted as anyone about the idea of Paedophilia and think anyone who thinks it acceptable must be suffering from some kind of disorder. When in my early teens I saw behaviour that I later realised was a form of Paedophilia. Not directed towards me, but towards others in the Scout Group I belonged to. Back then it did not attract much attention, but would today.

You really love conspiracy theories don’t you?

Do you actually believe them or are they still just theories to you?

Being higher middle class, an establishment neo liberal and working for the BBC is a high bar for our judiciary to send down.

Now, if he'd had been right wing and had made some dodgy tweets he'd be tucking into some proper porridge.
I suspect that some serving relatively short sentences in a Category D prison with minimum security and the ability to work outside, or receive education, with the prospect of an early release, would prefer that to being given what Edwards received.

A roof over their head, regular food and exercise might feel like a free holiday to some.

I suspect that some serving relatively short sentences in a Category D prison with minimum security and the ability to work outside, or receive education, with the prospect of an early release, would prefer that to being given what Edwards received.

A roof over their head, regular food and exercise might feel like a free holiday to some.
They might prefer it if they stood to get a £300,000 a year pension like him.

It’s not what you, or I, think is warranted! It’s allowing those in possession of all the facts, and who have been trained how to evaluate them, to decide what is the appropriate way to achieve the objectives that any sentence is designed to achieve. Locking someone up isn’t necessarily the best way to achieve them.

Edwards is not a free man. He must report his movements to the Police for the next 7 years, and attend a lengthy sex offenders course. His reputation is shredded and remains, I believe, an inpatient in hospital. He is a suicide risk. His wife has left him. It was said that his father was an authoritarian who abused him.

I am as disgusted as anyone about the idea of Paedophilia and think anyone who thinks it acceptable must be suffering from some kind of disorder. When in my early teens I saw behaviour that I later realised was a form of Paedophilia. Not directed towards me, but towards others in the Scout Group I belonged to. Back then it did not attract much attention, but would today.
I suspect he won’t be in hospital much longer now the case has concluded. As for a suicide risk, I personally do t believe it, but that would be too good for him imo.

I suspect he won’t be in hospital much longer now the case has concluded. As for a suicide risk, I personally do t believe it, but that would be too good for him imo.
So in your non expert opinion highly paid news presenters are incapable of suffering mental illness and must be faking it to achieve a lower sentence, fooling the professionals and Judges to do so?

Not only that. If they took their own life you would welcome it.

So in your non expert opinion highly paid news presenters are incapable of suffering mental illness and must be faking it to achieve a lower sentence, fooling the professionals and Judges to do so?

Not only that. If they took their own life you would welcome it.
Read my post I wouldn’t welcome him committing suicide. It is my opinion and he wouldn’t be the first to feign mental illness would he?

Possibly, but I doubt whether he will get too much enjoyment from it!

Would you want to swap places with him on £1million a year? I wouldn’t!
More enjoyment than he should be entitled too. Still I suspect his wife will get a substantial proportion of it, quite right too.
No money would make me want to swap places with a nonce

What the hell is happening with the judiciary?

"Judge orders Rotherham rape gang survivor to remove demand for deportations in her victim impact statement"

There’s nothing wrong with the Judiciary. They know and administer the law. They don’t make it. They interpret and apply it.

Therefore there must be a reason why such statements are inadmissible in court. Perhaps the Judge knew they might provide opportunities to the defence on appeal.

There’s nothing wrong with the Judiciary. They know and administer the law. They don’t make it. They interpret and apply it.

Therefore there must be a reason why such statements are inadmissible in court. Perhaps the Judge knew they might provide opportunities to the defence on appeal.
Yeah, Sir Keir Starmer is partly responsible when he was chief prosecutor. But his father was a toolmaker so we can trust him.

Back