• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Sentences too harsh!

She should be in politics. Maybe she will be…

It's Kate Fanning, well known in the DR, she use to be high up in Ukip.

Like me she went further right after becoming disillusioned with the mainstream conservatives always moving left instead of defending traditionally conservative principles. She's a bit further right than me but she's a very good speaker.

If they did that today then they would get slung out.

It’s called progress. Something that is generally disparaged and resented here.
Yet this child has been subjected to abuse from a teacher.

Charlie was called "a racist and Nazi" by a member of staff at Quarrydale Academy in Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire.

The member of staff in question joined with other schoolchildren who incorrectly labelled him as a far right caricature.

Just watch the video.

Charlie was called "a racist and Nazi" by a member of staff at Quarrydale Academy in Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire.

The member of staff in question joined with other schoolchildren who incorrectly labelled him as a far right caricature.

Just watch the video.

As a former teacher who was conservative but kept their political opinions pretty much to themselves (as should be the case in a school independent of someone's politics) I can confirm that this kind of attitude from some teachers is very much the case. It's a product of the culture.

Teaching as a profession has suffered extensively from the O'Sullivan's first law on organisations and now is almost exclusively politically left wing to the extent that any right wing diversity is considered a threat. This student shouldn't have to put up with this nonsense but it's not surprising.

It's ironic really but also human nature and indicative of the modern left as a mainstream. What they would consider unacceptable behaviour from the right they ignore from themselves.

Younger people today have been raised upon the myths of the left as an improvement to their lives. Many of them have expectations that are going to be dashed via their coming experiences over the next years. The left always promise more than they can deliver and ultimately worsen the lives of the overall working class rather than improve them.

Just watch the video.

That any individual teacher allows their emotions to overcome their professional responsibilities only shows that teachers are flawed humans. It doesn’t mean the profession itself is flawed.

As a former teacher who was conservative but kept their political opinions pretty much to themselves (as should be the case in a school independent of someone's politics) I can confirm that this kind of attitude from some teachers is very much the case. It's a product of the culture.

Teaching as a profession has suffered extensively from the O'Sullivan's first law on organisations and now is almost exclusively politically left wing to the extent that any right wing diversity is considered a threat. This student shouldn't have to put up with this nonsense but it's not surprising.

It's ironic really but also human nature and indicative of the modern left as a mainstream. What they would consider unacceptable behaviour from the right they ignore from themselves.

Younger people today have been raised upon the myths of the left as an improvement to their lives. Many of them have expectations that are going to be dashed via their coming experiences over the next years. The left always promise more than they can deliver and ultimately worsen the lives of the overall working class rather than improve them.
I am glad to know you kept your attitudes out of school. That indeed is how it should be.

I do wonder though if you are confusing the need for schools to teach the basic principles needed to sustain a functioning society with those doing so being “leftish”.

Teaching cooperation, respect for others, acceptance of diversity and blindness to colour or racial differences is something that every child needs to receive.

If any student shows attitudes which conflict with these principles then they will need to be challenged and corrected.

Doing so is not to advocate “leftish” ideology at all. It’s not dealing with how an economy should function. It’s dealing with how we treat our fellow citizens.

I am glad to know you kept your attitudes out of school. That indeed is how it should be.

I do wonder though if you are confusing the need for schools to teach the basic principles needed to sustain a functioning society with those doing so being “leftish”.

Teaching cooperation, respect for others, acceptance of diversity and blindness to colour or racial differences is something that every child needs to receive.

If any student shows attitudes which conflict with these principles then they will need to be challenged and corrected.

Doing so is not to advocate “leftish” ideology at all. It’s not dealing with how an economy should function. It’s dealing with how we treat our fellow citizens.
I don’t like the way you’ve phrased all of this. What children need to be taught is to treat people how they find them, rather than this ‘accept adversity’ bilge. Note, I do not like the word ‘accept’. The fact you’ve used it acknowledges the big issue of our times. You know it’s a big issue but just accept it, yeah? You have no choice but to suck it up.

It’s also slightly amusing you posting this. The schools where you have to ‘accept diversity’, because you’re the minority, are schools in white flight areas, so issue solving itself in a way. In schools where there is quite a mix of continents, because that’s what it is, there’s issues coming from any of the continents towards one of their other continents at school.

You didn’t have these problems before. Ethnic minorities had no choice but to integrate more. Now they do and you get issues through teenage and adult years, but you wouldn’t notice down in Truro.

I don’t like the way you’ve phrased all of this. What children need to be taught is to treat people how they find them, rather than this ‘accept adversity’ bilge. Note, I do not like the word ‘accept’. The fact you’ve used it acknowledges the big issue of our times. You know it’s a big issue but just accept it, yeah? You have no choice but to suck it up.

It’s also slightly amusing you posting this. The schools where you have to ‘accept diversity’, because you’re the minority, are schools in white flight areas, so issue solving itself in a way. In schools where there is quite a mix of continents, because that’s what it is, there’s issues coming from any of the continents towards one of their other continents at school.

You didn’t have these problems before. Ethnic minorities had no choice but to integrate more. Now they do and you get issues through teenage and adult years, but you wouldn’t notice down in Truro.
The same applies to all schools and all children whatever their background. Ensuring that children from ethnic minorities respect the traditional culture is essential. It’s the primary reason I want religion removed from education.

I am not surprised. The very judges who sentenced rioters and social media posters for years also let internet nonces walk free. I’ve posted evidence of this on hol.
It didn’t take long for this kind of reaction did it?

I listened to the radio summary of the Judge’s reasoning as it was being given. This explained the guidelines he had to follow and how the mitigation would be considered.

I knew then how the cohort here, on hearing the sentence, would react to it.

To fully understand why Edwards has had his sentence suspended you must hear that reasoning. The Judge had access to Edwards past history, his upbringing, mental health issues, assessments by experts on the likelyhood of reoffending and contrition. Things none of us have.

There is no comparison with the circumstances surrounding the recent rioting.

Back