• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Sentences too harsh!

wow what a rant.

I presume you meant right wing teachers.

I don't think you understand the criminal system in this country. We have 2 types of court - magistrate and crown, only the latter has a jury and a legally qualified judge. The former is run by volunteer judges (there are usually 3 per court) and they have no formal legal training.

Most of the rioting cases thus far have been heard at Magistrate courts.
A judge can decide if a person is guilty or not - remember many of the rioters did plead guilty - however, the penalty is not made up. For each offence there are guidelines that must be adhered to so a judge can't just make up a sentence.

For like for like offences such as looting the sentences seem quite similar to those handed out in 2011, when we last had riots throughout the country.
Not so. Magistrates Courts can have Lay Magistrates or a Stipendiary Magistrate (now called a District Judge), who is most definitely ‘legally qualified’.

wow what a rant.

I presume you meant right wing teachers.

I don't think you understand the criminal system in this country. We have 2 types of court - magistrate and crown, only the latter has a jury and a legally qualified judge. The former is run by volunteer judges (there are usually 3 per court) and they have no formal legal training.

Most of the rioting cases thus far have been heard at Magistrate courts.
A judge can decide if a person is guilty or not - remember many of the rioters did plead guilty - however, the penalty is not made up. For each offence there are guidelines that must be adhered to so a judge can't just make up a sentence.

For like for like offences such as looting the sentences seem quite similar to those handed out in 2011, when we last had riots throughout the country.
So you presume I don't understand the criminal justice system based upon absolutely nothing. If you want to talk about the differences between types of court that's fine but you're mostly talking around the point. As for the guilty pleas, it's already been stated that, in some cases, individuals could have been given bad advice.

Context? What the stuff has context got to do with it? Don’t you mean the political beliefs of the perpetrator?
No I don’t mean that.

I mean the context of riots being engineered by social media influencers spreading lies and conspiracy theories and encouraging them to happen in various places at the same time in order to dilute the police’s capacity to respond.

These were not natural or spontaneous reactions to a terrible crime in Southport. They were a deliberate challenge to authority which had to be met with swift and visible justice that not only punished, but also deterred those involved from any further responses to encouragement by the influencers.

Which has worked.

He cannot be jailed for expressing an opinion, however bizarre it is.

Making pleas to the judiciary, alongside open predictions of violent reactions, isn’t very responsible behaviour for an ex policeman. It won’t be listened to. Anyone found guilty of inciting violence is going to be sent jail. Anyone charged with deliberately showing a banned video to a mob of your followers and found guilty will be sent to jail.

Should the predictions prove correct they would need to be coped with.

I don’t think that will happen though. Y-L is a coward at heart. I expect to see him next at a Trump rally and then as a host on InfoWars. He will find refuge somewhere that the UK cannot get hold of him.

No I don’t mean that.

I mean the context of riots being engineered by social media influencers spreading lies and conspiracy theories and encouraging them to happen in various places at the same time in order to dilute the police’s capacity to respond.

These were not natural or spontaneous reactions to a terrible crime in Southport. They were a deliberate challenge to authority which had to be met with swift and visible justice that not only punished, but also deterred those involved from any further responses to encouragement by the influencers.

Which has worked.
The protests happening wasn’t over that one crime or media influencers. You have to quite dim to actually believe that. 2TK thinks he’s nailed the art of banning protests. He is hoping operation fear and naming all of them far right will stop protests. He will be dealing with a lot more protests over various issues in time. Will they all be ‘far right’ ? You may be happy with what’s happened to pensioners, I’m not!

He cannot be jailed for expressing an opinion, however bizarre it is.

Making pleas to the judiciary, alongside open predictions of violent reactions, isn’t very responsible behaviour for an ex policeman. It won’t be listened to. Anyone found guilty of inciting violence is going to be sent jail. Anyone charged with deliberately showing a banned video to a mob of your followers and found guilty will be sent to jail.

Should the predictions prove correct they would need to be coped with.

I don’t think that will happen though. Y-L is a coward at heart. I expect to see him next at a Trump rally and then as a host on InfoWars. He will find refuge somewhere that the UK cannot get hold of him.
He’s braver than you or I. I’m sure of that.

He’s been offered somewhere of refuge but decided to come back.

Robinson will probably be sent to jail - a political prisoner as are some of those recently convicted of incitement on the flimsiest of 'evidence'.

The tyranny of this government and those that support and apologise for it (including some on here) should be opposed in every legal way possible.

Not so. Magistrates Courts can have Lay Magistrates or a Stipendiary Magistrate (now called a District Judge), who is most definitely ‘legally qualified’.
the point i was making was in response to all judges being lefties ad they qualified from left wing unis (or words to that effect).

Lay magistrates are not paid and clearly whilst they are given some legal training are not fully legally qualified. They usually sit in 2s or 3s so not one person is making the final decision.

The more qualified stipendiary magistrates are used for more serious cases, however, some of these cases will be referred to a Crown court (with a jury) if the offence is deemed to be of a high level.

Rape, as per the example used, will always be a crown court offence so is not a like for like comparison.
That's my point.

the point i was making was in response to all judges being lefties ad they qualified from left wing unis (or words to that effect).

Lay magistrates are not paid and clearly whilst they are given some legal training are not fully legally qualified. They usually sit in 2s or 3s so not one person is making the final decision.

The more qualified stipendiary magistrates are used for more serious cases, however, some of these cases will be referred to a Crown court (with a jury) if the offence is deemed to be of a high level.

Rape, as per the example used, will always be a crown court offence so is not a like for like comparison.
That's my point.
I was merely clarifying some factual errors in your original post. I was not and am not commenting on the point you were trying to make.

Germany head of Merkel’s party is now saying “border police should reject anyone asking for asylum because Germany only borders safe countries, so they are safe to remain where they are”.

This was BNP policy 20 years ago. My my, things are moving fast. Not 10 years since Merkel had EU say “borders are impossible”.

No principles!

The protests happening wasn’t over that one crime or media influencers. You have to quite dim to actually believe that. 2TK thinks he’s nailed the art of banning protests. He is hoping operation fear and naming all of them far right will stop protests. He will be dealing with a lot more protests over various issues in time. Will they all be ‘far right’ ? You may be happy with what’s happened to pensioners, I’m not!
They weren’t protests!! They were riots incited by right wing influencers peddling disinformation.

No one is banning protests. Peaceful protests are a pillar of our democracy.

Rioting is being deterred with sentences that enable wanna be participants to realise the consequences.

Robinson will probably be sent to jail - a political prisoner as are some of those recently convicted of incitement on the flimsiest of 'evidence'.

The tyranny of this government and those that support and apologise for it (including some on here) should be opposed in every legal way possible.
It wouldn’t be the first time and as he invites it by deliberately flouting the law it will probably happen again.

He is no martyr, despite the fawning admiration of the like minded. Some of whom we hear from on here.

He is a rabble rousing nasty piece of garbage.

That's my point.
The idea that all Judges are “lefties” is both amusing and confirmation that you have a poor grasp of the way the law actually works.

It wouldn’t be the first time and as he invites it by deliberately flouting the law it will probably happen again.

He is no martyr, despite the fawning admiration of the like minded. Some of whom we hear from on here.

He is a rabble rousing nasty piece of garbage.
Anybody reading or thinking this should watch the latest video and make their minds up that way rather than join the lazy bandwagon. It is available on YouTube or X.

He’s braver than you or I. I’m sure of that.

He’s been offered somewhere of refuge but decided to come back.
Is he back in the UK?

I thought he remained abroad so he can avoid attendIng the latest court case designed to make him settle the award against him along with publicly showing a banned video.

If he does show up here again I would be very surprised. He faces a lot of trouble.

They weren’t protests!! They were riots incited by right wing influencers peddling disinformation.

No one is banning protests. Peaceful protests are a pillar of our democracy.

Rioting is being deterred with sentences that enable wanna be participants to realise the consequences.
You skirted my point and picked out a word. If you can’t be grown up don’t join the discussion.

Is he back in the UK?

I thought he remained abroad so he can avoid attendIng the latest court case designed to make him settle the award against him along with publicly showing a banned video.

If he does show up here again I would be very surprised. He faces a lot of trouble.
I should’ve said he’s decided to come back when he’s due back. End of October. If you mean he faces trouble for the riots then there’s nothing g linking him to them. If you can find something then why don’t you put it here.

Back