• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Sentences too harsh!

Ah, you poor downtrodden middle-class white people. I had tears in my eyes reading this. I expect women have got a bit uppity recently in your view.
It’s fascinating study in self justification reading your posts.
You mention women but think people should just blindly accept Islam. The entire liberal ideology is at loggerheads with itself. The same dichotomy exists within the trans debate and feminism, and of course Islam and homosexuality - not to mention general African, Asian and Caribbean attitudes towards women and homosexuals in general. With your arguments, it's obvious to me that you have a personal connection to the topic.

Anyone want to guess how many stabbings at the Notting Hill carnival there will be at the weekend?

Anyone also want to guess what the demographic will be?

You mention women but think people should just blindly accept Islam. The entire liberal ideology is at loggerheads with itself. The same dichotomy exists within the trans debate and feminism, and of course Islam and homosexuality - not to mention general African, Asian and Caribbean attitudes towards women and homosexuals in general. With your arguments, it's obvious to me that you have a personal connection to the topic.
Some of the anti-homosexual agenda in Africa has been pushed very hard and funded by evangelical Christian groups based in the US. Obviously these groups don’t represent all Christians as extreme Islamists and Jewish settlers don’t represent the majority of their religions. Just because some people are very loud doesn’t make them representative.
Religious extremism of all varieties is dangerous but isn’t representative. Like saying football hooliganism represents football in general.

It doesn’t need luck.

It needs recognition and then determination. That it will take time is obvious but if we, as a society, unequivocally state the objective then it can be achieved.
You’ll never get Muslims to follow secular rules and keep their religion private. Absolutely never. For a start, when they introduce themselves they say, ‘’I’m Mohammed and I’m a Muslim’’, whereas everyone else will probably say where they’re from.

Some of the anti-homosexual agenda in Africa has been pushed very hard and funded by evangelical Christian groups based in the US. Obviously these groups don’t represent all Christians as extreme Islamists and Jewish settlers don’t represent the majority of their religions. Just because some people are very loud doesn’t make them representative.
Religious extremism of all varieties is dangerous but isn’t representative. Like saying football hooliganism represents football in general.
Football supporters were tarred with the same brush for years. The media and government were more than happy to make hooliganism representative of supporters. It again smacks of attacking the working class.
I can't help but think there would likely be no religious extremism at all in England were it not for Islam.
To counter that there is some residual sectarianism in Scotland and Northern Ireland. However, I also feel that immigration is exacerbating working class tensions in those areas too. Likely the religious zealots may unite against other religious zealots being imported. That will not end up well.

Just because England has an Established Church doesn’t make it a Christian country. It was once, but is no longer. There are more non believers than believers and they belong to a multitude of faiths.

It’s no more accurate than suggesting that people who wrap themselves up in St George’s Cross flags and call themselves “patriots”, really are. Most are just far right thugs and bully boys.

What are you on about? The country's monarch is Supreme Governor of the Church of England and the church is intertwined with the state. King Charles is Defender of the Faith - a title that goes back 500 years. Read a history book.

There are a number of Islamic states where homosexuality is included in offences carrying the death penalty (along with being an apostate). Lesser punishments, such as mutilation are available. In the vast majority of Muslim countries, homosexuality is illegal, so a anti-gay agenda is very much representative of that religion and culture rather than being a extreme minority as you claim.

Last edited:
You haven’t answered my question on your stance on immigration, in England, Germany or Europe.

Every major religion believes homosexuality is a sin. I've not seen any Christian group wish them to be punished or killed for it though. As for Islamic countries...

Every major religion believes homosexuality is a sin. I've not seen any Christian group wish them to be punished or killed for it though. As for Islamic countries...
Saying that will soon be an offense under new blasphemy laws labour and Sadiq Khan want.

So It's Ok for mainstream media to report things with a pro-Government Agenda. Even publishing suspects names and addresses, and photos of them.
But post a comment on a social media platform and the old bill will come knocking and you'll get some ridiculous prison sentence for it.

The Ugandan Parliament had passed the Anti-Homosexuality Act in March 2023, criminalizing consensual same-sex conduct with penalties of up to life imprisonment, attempted homosexual acts with penalties of 10 years in prison, and the death penalty for those convicted of “aggravated homosexuality,”

You’ll never get Muslims to follow secular rules and keep their religion private. Absolutely never. For a start, when they introduce themselves they say, ‘’I’m Mohammed and I’m a Muslim’’, whereas everyone else will probably say where they’re from.
You are categorising all Muslims as though they are devout or even extreme. This is no more true than suggesting all Christians are Roman Catholics or even members of the Westboro Baptists.

We will find it hard to get all fundamentalists to keep their religion private, whatever faith they belong to, but there are already plenty of modern Muslims to lead the way to a more secular future.

Back