• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Liverpool Match thread?

So much better 2nd half when Hughes and Mateta came on. Sad to say we looked a much better team without Munoz, Mitchell and Wharton on the pitch. Hughes must start next EPL game and Wharton needs a spell on the bench. The fact we had some presence in midfield once Hughes came on took pressure off the defence who all looked much more assured 2nd half. Up front I thought everyone did ok, made good runs, held the ball up, linked up ok. We just cannot finish to save our lives. So all in all some things to take from the game but the bottom line is we still have no wins, 3 points and are in a relegation battle this season.

Overall, with that second half performance I think most will agree that we shaded it and have been the better team.

With that said we shouldn’t be too disappointed with a narrow defeat at home to a side with aspirations of finishing in the top 5.

We can regroup and carry this confidence forward now and look forward to beating NFFC at the City Ground in a few weeks time.

In the meantime, let’s hope we stay out of the relegation zone until then.

Can't keep doing this just turning up for 45 minutes every game.. It's becoming a regular thing now. Yes the second half was better but yet again it was pretty toothless.
How many times have we seen Eze waste another good chance?

I never dreamt at the end of last season that I would be looking at the Forest away in October as a 'must win' game... Ok maybe 'must win' is a bit of an over reaction but it's certainly a 'really need to win' game.

I thought Hughes made a difference. Eze will be disappointed with his ‘miss’ but a much better second half by all.

We really need to see Mitchell for what he is. A nice lad and an average to good defender but a woeful wing-back. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a bad crosser of the ball in the Premiership. Clyne is hit and miss. At times he’s a donkey and then he surprises with a good tackle.

Mateta looked really dangerous when he came on.

Overall, with that second half performance I think most will agree that we shaded it and have been the better team.

With that said we shouldn’t be too disappointed with a narrow defeat at home to a side with aspirations of finishing in the top 5.

We can regroup and carry this confidence forward now and look forward to beating NFFC at the City Ground in a few weeks time.

Err, we are already in the relegation zone

Really lacklustre first half where we were second to every ball. Got much better after the break. Chalobah got better and better which was good to see.
To be honest we have seven players who had huge summers , some of our fresher players are injured and we have a host of new players settling in. We need an answer to the left hand side distribution if we keep with this formation. I’d like to see a cb step up off the ball otherwise we tend to defend at the top of our box too much. That aside enough green shoots to think that with a bit of a break and some more time together we should click into place just in time for another last 7 game run.

Another wasted opportunity to pick up points. Yes, Liverpool should have scored more but they didn’t. We had 3 or 4 good opportunities to score but the shots were straight at Allison.

You could look at every game this season and say the same thing. Our finishing is poor.

I think we need to get Wharton away from being part of a midfield two. It’s too much for him. We need to go back to a back four and either go four across the middle and two up top, or play Wharton Hughes and Lerma in midfield with Eze sat behind a front two.

Mitchell and Kamada as professional footballers just feels like a bad joke.

We’d be lucky to get £10mil for Eze atm.

A pretty abysmal performance until Hughes and JPM came one. How it ended 0-1 only, I don’t know.

Agreed, although with QPR being entitled to 25% of any future transfer fee, even if we took his current valuation of between £25m/£30m, we would do very well to bank £20m.

Personally if we could get £25m in January, take it, pay QPR off and spent the £20m in the same fashion and mindset that we did with Eze and Olise on a couple of up and coming Championship players.

At least if we finally did succomb to the EPL trapdoor, we should be able to retain these players and push on for a play off place during our first season down there.

Oh great, we lose & yet again blame Mitchell. Get a grip people, who would you put there instead, right now? Maybe one of you you, seeing as you all know better, jeez.

We lost, we expected to lose, we expected the ref would give them most decisions, OG played the players we wanted him to play, but no, it's Mitchell's fault. I despair.

Err, we are already in the relegation zone
Leicester only need to lose by a single goal away to Bournemouth (which they will) for us to go above them.

OK, I agree with the pundits that Southampton are starting to look good now but surely they will come away from Highbury pointless. Yes OK they have one of the best keepers in the EPL and in Sugawara and Onuachu they have two players who could walk into a Champions League team without looking out of place.

And as for Wolverhampton, I think they have an R next to their name already. Brentford will put 3 or 4 past them today. OK they have some top players and are bedding in their new signings and those coming back from injury but I'm not buying into these 3 young Brazilian lads Gomes, Andre and Cunha everyone seems to be raving about, although Cunha does look a class act, albeit with a £55m transfer fee.

Leicester look good though and should finish mid-table with Vardy firing again now. And have Everton really turned it around as everyone is saying? Good team though.

And with us thrown in, it makes up this mini-league of 5 teams that has developed down there and taking everyones attention.

Although we will finish 9th-12th, absolutely no chance of us finishing below that.

I thought Hughes made a difference. Eze will be disappointed with his ‘miss’ but a much better second half by all.

We really need to see Mitchell for what he is. A nice lad and an average to good defender but a woeful wing-back. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a bad crosser of the ball in the Premiership. Clyne is hit and miss. At times he’s a donkey and then he surprises with a good tackle.

Mateta looked really dangerous when he came on.

this.

Plus our 'keeper is the reason Liverpool did not hammer us 5-0

I am happy to spend some time reading your reply along with the orthogonal point that you try to purport however there are countless examples of overseas players taking time to settle in the English Premier League.

And of course some of the finest players we have seen took a year or two to settle and the irony being most of those came from Italian soccer like Kamada has. This is due to physics of the leagues.

Thierry Henry is an example and being the culmination of the matter herein.
Gotta say some very odd use of language here
What is the Henry comparison about? Kamada is 28. Henry was 21 when he joined Arsenal and managed 31 goals in his first season

Oh great, we lose & yet again blame Mitchell. Get a grip people, who would you put there instead, right now? Maybe one of you you, seeing as you all know better, jeez.

We lost, we expected to lose, we expected the ref would give them most decisions, OG played the players we wanted him to play, but no, it's Mitchell's fault. I despair.
Firstly I'm pretty sure that not one person on this thread has blamed Mitchell for us losing today. People are expressing their opinion that he's simply not good enough. Defensively he can just about get away with being a Premiership defender but offensively he is woefully inadequate and alemways has been.
Somebody posted on here earlier that he tops the the list for the most failed crosses so far this season.

And secondly there is nobody else to put in his position. That's not Mitchell's fault though that's successive managers.
As I mentioned earlier he's guaranteed a place every week no matter how poor he is as there's nobody else to play there.

I admire your optimism but not likely to be out of relegation zone by next time we play as we're in it at the moment and everyone else plays twice before then!

Firstly I'm pretty sure that not one person on this thread has blamed Mitchell for us losing today. People are expressing their opinion that he's simply not good enough. Defensively he can just about get away with being a Premiership defender but offensively he is woefully inadequate and alemways has been.
Somebody posted on here earlier that he tops the the list for the most failed crosses so far this season.

And secondly there is nobody else to put in his position. That's not Mitchell's fault though that's successive managers.
As I mentioned earlier he's guaranteed a place every week no matter how poor he is as there's nobody else to play there.
As you know full well, a fine line between 'blame' & 'opinion', so yes posters have blamed him whilst expressing an opinion. Also, there is a thread wanting him to be dropped.

Not good enough.

We had chances. We wasted them. The first half was pathetic.

Glaser better sort this out or he will be gone next month. With the players we have, we should not be struggling. It's not games like Liverpool that are the problem, it is the likes of West Ham, Brentford and Everton where we should have taken points.

OK...we played top of the league, we were atrocious first half and could have been 2 or 3 down , similar to the United game. 2nd half we did OK until JP & Hughsey came on, we looked hungry, started playing and had a few decent chances aswell as imo a clear penalty shout, which we were never getting. When Alison went off, we should have had more efforts and tested the keeper, a bit like they did with Remi last year, unfortunately we didn't & find ourselves in a terrible position. Can we improve? 100% and is OG the man to get us going? Deffo....Mitchell is an easy target, he's a LB but us asking to play a further forward role & Kamada is obviously good, but hasn't adjusted to the prem yet. Hopefully we can regroup, have a fitter Wharton, Eze & maybe even Doucoure...fuming it's another loss, but I've got hope we'll get there!

Back