• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Liverpool Match thread?

2nd Half we should have scored twice, looked so much better when Mateta and Hughes came on,Mitchell went off and we switched to a back four.

Mitchell can defend, he just can't cross, he had three great opportunities today and at least two opportunities against Leicester and every cross was poor .Surely someone can help in training? Isn't that the point of training ?
Wharton has a groin issue so stop playing him until he is fit ,it's not fair on him, the team or us to keep playing him

I thought Glasner was joking when he brought on Kamada over Schlupp

TBF Clyne is 57 years old and we all lose a bit of pace at that age.

It was a stroke of genius to have him marking van Dyke at corners at a foot taller I doubt van Dyke even knew he was there.
So want Nathaniel Clyne to get a goal so it can be reported that its 14 years since his last Palace goal. Would that be some sort of record?

To summarise. The problem is that:
  • We sold the wrong goalkeeper
  • The fullbacks aren't up to it
  • We sold the wrong central defender
  • The central defenders we have aren't good enough
  • Mitchell can't attack or cross
  • Our midfield isn't creative enough
  • Our midfield isn't combative enough
  • Wharton is carrying an injury
  • Eze is off form
  • The left side is weak
  • Munoz is tired
  • Kamada is a weak link
  • The strikers can't score
  • The formation is wrong
  • The substitutions are wrong
  • We don't have adequate replacements
  • Hughes gets booked too often
  • Glasner is too inflexible
  • We didn't buy what we needed in the window.
Luckily we have two weeks off which should be plenty of time to sort things out.
The glass is half empty?

The 2nd half was a lesson, they weren't playing us at all, they were playing the ref.
Every time they got caught in a tackle their player was rolling about on the deck, in the end they got 6mins extra time when in the real world it should have been 16teen.
They reduced that game by at least 10mins.
Its professional football and we looked like amateurs.

To summarise. The problem is that:
  • We sold the wrong goalkeeper
  • The fullbacks aren't up to it
  • We sold the wrong central defender
  • The central defenders we have aren't good enough
  • Mitchell can't attack or cross
  • Our midfield isn't creative enough
  • Our midfield isn't combative enough
  • Wharton is carrying an injury
  • Eze is off form
  • The left side is weak
  • Munoz is tired
  • Kamada is a weak link
  • The strikers can't score
  • The formation is wrong
  • The substitutions are wrong
  • We don't have adequate replacements
  • Hughes gets booked too often
  • Glasner is too inflexible
  • We didn't buy what we needed in the window.
Luckily we have two weeks off which should be plenty of time to sort things out.
Teddy, you've raised interesting questions there. How about you send your CV to Mr Parish. He'll be interested in hearing whether you have the answers.

The biggest thing for me is what presents, perhaps just for me, like a lack of belief within the team. This can also look like a lack of effort.

I thought both Eze and Wharton were pretty useless today and I’d of slapped £100mil a piece on them in the summer. So it’s not as though I think they lack the ability. Beyond Kamada and Mitchell, who I think performed brilliantly as a defender and LB in a Hodgson 4-4-2, I also don’t doubt the ability of anyone else in the team.

The one thing about Glasner’s introductory stint at the end of last season was that every member of the team appeared to know and buy into their roles. This season, it looks as thought there’s doubt and therefore hesitation in the team: Eze dawdling on the ball, defenders looking a bit clueless with the ball, lack of marking across the board, shots hit tamely and straight at keepers, set pieces look off, simple enough passes not being weighted correctly, the ball not being put in the back of the net etc.

Is the manager unaware of his best team? Is he failing to motivate and instil belief in the players? Are the players yet to settle? A lot of questions but the end of last season and the start of this one are night and day. We can’t turn up for a grand total of 15mins each game. We need them playing for the full 90. The dreams have turned into nightmares and this season may look very different to the one many envisaged, if it doesn’t so already.

The biggest thing for me is what presents, perhaps just for me, like a lack of belief within the team. This can also look like a lack of effort.

I thought both Eze and Wharton were pretty useless today and I’d of slapped £100mil a piece on them in the summer. So it’s not as though I think they lack the ability. Beyond Kamada and Mitchell, who I think performed brilliantly as a defender and LB in a Hodgson 4-4-2, I also don’t doubt the ability of anyone else in the team.

The one thing about Glasner’s introductory stint at the end of last season was that every member of the team appeared to know and buy into their roles. This season, it looks as thought there’s doubt and therefore hesitation in the team: Eze dawdling on the ball, defenders looking a bit clueless with the ball, lack of marking across the board, shots hit tamely and straight at keepers, set pieces look off, simple enough passes not being weighted correctly, the ball not being put in the back of the net etc.

Is the manager unaware of his best team? Is he failing to motivate and instil belief in the players? Are the players yet to settle? A lot of questions but the end of last season and the start of this one are night and day. We can’t turn up for a grand total of 15mins each game. We need them playing for the full 90. The dreams have turned into nightmares and this season may look very different to the one many envisaged, if it doesn’t so already.
As I’ve said on here before, it’s difficult to understand how losing two players from our starting 11 can make such a difference to our performances, more particularly when there has been undoubted talent added to our ranks.

And on top of that is the grinding sense of inevitability that we'd balls it all up. The gods of football must be completely heartless to take a team whose supporters have such modest expectations and still deny them so consistently.

As I’ve said on here before, it’s difficult to understand how losing two players from our starting 11 can make such a difference to our performances, more particularly when there has been undoubted talent added to our ranks.
It may be a minority opinion but I'd make that one player of real quality. Andersen to me was alright but not much more. Not particularly dominant in the air, gave away some dodgy free kicks and for all his vaunted long passing ability he didn't actually do it very often. We might miss his organisational qualities but not his tendency to fall over at important moments.

It may be a minority opinion but I'd make that one player of real quality. Andersen to me was alright but not much more. Not particularly dominant in the air, gave away some dodgy free kicks and for all his vaunted long passing ability he didn't actually do it very often. We might miss his organisational qualities but not his tendency to fall over at important moments.
Hard to disagree with any of that Teddy, on that basis it’s difficult to understand how the loss of Olise has made so much difference.

Yes Teddy, I agree. But, there are a lot who think differently - poor delusioned souls.

Nice little glimpse of Roy in the Directors Box at Half Time. If we don’t turn this around today or bring 3 pts back south v Forest towards the end of October then surely Roy will come into the frame.
I swear to God. If Roy comes back I will stop supporting the club. That would be beyond a joke/embarrassment.

Back