• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Liverpool Match thread?

Hard to disagree with any of that Teddy, on that basis it’s difficult to understand how the loss of Olise has made so much difference.
Its to do with what Munoz is doing. Olise's possession released Munoz, who last season was a spectacular player.
It was only today (I think) that Sarr started, giving Munoz more freedom, sadly it didn't last long but I think its the way forward on that wing.

Its to do with what Munoz is doing. Olise's possession released Munoz, who last season was a spectacular player.
It was only today (I think) that Sarr started, giving Munoz more freedom, sadly it didn't last long but I think it’s the way forward on that wing.
I like Munoz but I do wonder whether our system of wing backs works particularly well. I’m convinced Munoz can play as a normal full back and still make the occasional foray forward. I would rather see us strengthen the midfield and build from there.

It’s Glasners call however we have suffered this season with our current system.

It may be a minority opinion but I'd make that one player of real quality. Andersen to me was alright but not much more. Not particularly dominant in the air, gave away some dodgy free kicks and for all his vaunted long passing ability he didn't actually do it very often. We might miss his organisational qualities but not his tendency to fall over at important moments.
Not outstanding but still our best player in the air. The threat of his long balls meant they had to be covered leaving more space elsewhere. He had some passion. I know Guehi is often talked of as good captain material but it rarely shows itself on the pitch

Not outstanding but still our best player in the air. The threat of his long balls meant they had to be covered leaving more space elsewhere. He had some passion. I know Guehi is often talked of as good captain material but it rarely shows itself on the pitch
The threat of his long balls notwithstanding he should've at least been replaceable.

negatives:
  • Guehi had about his worst game for us. Should have cleared the ball for the first goal, also let in Liverpool at the end. And didn’t even turn around. Lecroix totally bailed him out.
  • Mitchell was dreadful going forward. I can’t remember him having a positive pass completed all game.
  • Wharton is playing poorly. Tbf he doesn’t lose the ball in our half, but is having issues playing positive passes.
  • Eze is not playing well, although part of that could be Mitchell on his side playing poorly.
Positives:
  • Nketiah looks like a good buy, definitely our best player in the first half.
  • Lecroix played very well today. Getting better every match. Did anyone notice it was him that Wharton played the ball to down the right after the corner? Also saved Guehi when he gave up.
  • Mateta and Hughes looked very good today when they came on.
  • Henderson playing well.
I haven’t lost faith in Glasner. Still think we’ll be fine. Just a matter of hitting the back of the net.

Back