• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Kamada will be an asset

I personally do not trust that Kamada will work out. I hope he does, but can't even see why Glasner wanted him and then plays a system that doesn't really suit him. I am questioning some of our decisions on signings.

Daichi Kamada is the highest-paid Crystal Palace player, with an annual salary of £5,460,000. Here are some other Crystal Palace players and their salaries:
  • Eberechi Eze: £5,200,000
  • Dean Henderson: £5,200,000
  • Edward Nketiah: £4,680,000
  • Cheick Doucouré: £3,640,000
  • Jefferson Lerma: £3,640,000
  • Ismaila Sarr: £3,640,000
  • Jeffrey Schlupp: £3,120,000
  • Chris Richards: £2,860,000
  • Nathaniel Clyne: £2,600,000
  • Marc Guehi: £2,600,000
Bloody hell. If that's true, and I'm not disputing you, then OG has a lot to answer for. Wow.

Bloody hell. If that's true, and I'm not disputing you, then OG has a lot to answer for. Wow.

Why?

First of all that salary breaks down to £105,000 per week. Sure that's a ridiculous amount by the standards of the common man but, for a footballer, it's not huge. He isn't in the top 100 highest paid players in the Prem and is paid less than the likes of Alphonse Areola, Danny Ings, Jamie Vardy, John McGinn etc.

Secondly we paid no transfer fee for him which means he's an 11m expense over a two year period. Given his reputation prior to joining, nobody would have objected if we'd paid £15-20m to sign him on top of his wages. Yes he's paid slightly more han Eze and Henderson but we paid like £15m - 20m to sign each of those.

Thirdly, people are going way over the top writing him off this early. He's played 525 minutes for us. The season has barely started and he's getting used to the league, since when did we become so impatient as a fanbase?

Daichi Kamada is the highest-paid Crystal Palace player, with an annual salary of £5,460,000. Here are some other Crystal Palace players and their salaries:
  • Eberechi Eze: £5,200,000
  • Dean Henderson: £5,200,000
  • Edward Nketiah: £4,680,000
  • Cheick Doucouré: £3,640,000
  • Jefferson Lerma: £3,640,000
  • Ismaila Sarr: £3,640,000
  • Jeffrey Schlupp: £3,120,000
  • Chris Richards: £2,860,000
  • Nathaniel Clyne: £2,600,000
  • Marc Guehi: £2,600,000
Just want them to start earning the money they are being paid!!!!!!!

I know it was only Saudi Arabia but maybe any sort of goalscoring judt st tjr minute......? (Sorry the link's gone doolally; take the 'Watch on You Tube option)

Why?

First of all that salary breaks down to £105,000 per week. Sure that's a ridiculous amount by the standards of the common man but, for a footballer, it's not huge. He isn't in the top 100 highest paid players in the Prem and is paid less than the likes of Alphonse Areola, Danny Ings, Jamie Vardy, John McGinn etc.

Secondly we paid no transfer fee for him which means he's an 11m expense over a two year period. Given his reputation prior to joining, nobody would have objected if we'd paid £15-20m to sign him on top of his wages. Yes he's paid slightly more han Eze and Henderson but we paid like £15m - 20m to sign each of those.

Thirdly, people are going way over the top writing him off this early. He's played 525 minutes for us. The season has barely started and he's getting used to the league, since when did we become so impatient as a fanbase?
The signing on fee may well be included in the weekly wage, what I don't understand is that he seems physically unable to cope in PL yet he was clearly a success in Germany, is the German league really so much less physically demanding?

Why?

Agree with all arguments you mentioned, although I have to admit that I'm always sceptical about reunions (and this is not limited to football - 😉).

Totally agree. People are way too quick to judge sometimes. You can see he's settling in now, and the goal and assist show he's got quality.

Why?

I'm not writing him off, I'm massively surprised that he's been given a salary more than any other player in the squad that has served us well in the past. That could well be the reason why , to me at least, there seems to be disharmony in the squad. No wonder JP is pissed off. He scores lots of goals and is on half as much as Kamarda ! Now we know why Anderson wanted a pay rise didn't get it and bu**ered off.

I'm not writing him off, I'm massively surprised that he's been given a salary more than any other player in the squad that has served us well in the past. That could well be the reason why , to me at least, there seems to be disharmony in the squad. No wonder JP is pissed off. He scores lots of goals and is on half as much as Kamarda ! Now we know why Anderson wanted a pay rise didn't get it and bu**ered off.
The money issue reflects that Kamada came on a free.

Unfortunately this sort of thing is bound to happen. Holding is on the same money as Munoz which is £10,000 a week more than Joel Ward. It will doubtless happen at all clubs - how they manage the situation is a mystery.

just watched the girls lose 0-1 to Brighton and on current form I would seriously consider replacing Kamada with Allison Blanchard. Like the blokes they're not quite clicking in the final third, maybe we need a couple of trans players to give us an edge! 😉 And that's the ladies team I'm referring to of course.

The money issue reflects that Kamada came on a free.
If he'd had a 5 million signing on bonus and was being paid 50,000 a week the outlay would have been the same and we wouldn't be having this conversation. It could be worse: when United had Sancho on their books they had players earnng over a million a week, in total, that didn't start

Why?

He'a taking home more than the top performing players, that's the point.. that's what it boils down to.

He'a taking home more than the top performing players, that's the point.. that's what it boils down to.

Who are our top performing players this season though?

Mateta is back to not scoring, has two goals in the league and both came against Leicester. Nketiah hasn't scored in the league. Eze has looked a shadow of his former self without Olise. Wharton's level has massively dropped and he looks as though he's carrying an injury. Doucoure injured again. Etc etc.

It looks to me like he's a new player in a new league who has come into a struggling team and is struggling with them.

Also, again, he's played 365 minutes of PL football so far. Let's see at the end of the season whether he justifies his wage. I'd say Rob Holding on £45,000, Franca on £40,000, Schlupp on £55,000 are bigger wastes of money in the short term.

Who are our top performing players this season though?

Mateta is back to not scoring, has two goals in the league and both came against Leicester. Nketiah hasn't scored in the league. Eze has looked a shadow of his former self without Olise. Wharton's level has massively dropped and he looks as though he's carrying an injury. Doucoure injured again. Etc etc.

It looks to me like he's a new player in a new league who has come into a struggling team and is struggling with them.

Also, again, he's played 365 minutes of PL football so far. Let's see at the end of the season whether he justifies his wage. I'd say Rob Holding on £45,000, Franca on £40,000, Schlupp on £55,000 are bigger wastes of money in the short term.

100%. Patience is a virtue.

As you said, new country, new league, struggling team and asked to play a few different positions.

Historically it looks like his best position is a no10. But hasn't played there yet, partly due to the formation, but injuries have also necessitated him playing deeper.

Back