• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Kamada will be an asset

If you look at Kameda's record under Glasner it is very different than under any other manager, he scored a lot more goals when Glasner was his boss, but had less assists, he looks to be a more of a box to box player, i can see him, in time. maybe starting alongside Wharton, but he certaily knows how to time a run into the box.

Another, improved, fabulous performance from Kamada at Chelsea. Had a wonderful shot on goal that nearly went through the keeper’s hands. Am really excited for this player.

Another, improved, fabulous performance from Kamada at Chelsea. Had a wonderful shot on goal that nearly went through the keeper’s hands. Am really excited for this player.
I think describing Kamada’s shot on goal straight at the keepers chest as ‘’wonderful’’ is stretching it a bit. The reason for this is the ball wasn’t in front of him enough, but credit where it’s due for being in the position to receive the pass in the attack and get a shot on goal. He got quite a bit of power on it considering it wasn’t best placed for that, but it was right at the keeper. Enough either side of the keeper and it goes in. I hope we see him pop up in these areas to finish.

Last edited:
Pleased he scored a good goal last night, should help his confidence.

I noted in his post match interview that his relief, utter joy and exuberance almost equalled Jordan's.
I think we need to put him in context of a rapidly evolving Palace side with a new goal scorer in Nketiah and hopefully still Mateta with Sarr making the chances? A hard working box to box goal scoring midfielder will be a great asset. Patience is required of this new look Palace team

If you look at Kameda's record under Glasner it is very different than under any other manager, he scored a lot more goals when Glasner was his boss, but had less assists, he looks to be a more of a box to box player, i can see him, in time. maybe starting alongside Wharton, but he certaily knows how to time a run into the box.
Not while Doucoure is on the pay roll.

In the first half of the Chelsea match I thought he was poor. Gave the ball away too easily and wasn't connecting with his teammates. He was probably the player who had the biggest turnaround in the second half. I thought he was excellent, and his linkup play with Munoz improved dramatically. I'm hoping that it's just a matter of time until he develops a good relationship with the players around him to make him truly valuable. That being said, I think Glasner has to keep him in one position for the next few games, switching his role on the field won't help with him being integrated.

In my opinion, he'll never really have the pace and physicality for a leading Premier League player. Also not the dribbling skills or direct running that we could do with. However, he seems to have a ton of composure and good technique. The jury's still out as far as I'm concerned.

Is he a Zaha? Course not. He is already an asset and will improve. Moreover Glasner knows what he wants from him

His movement on and off the ball is good and he's a neat player.
He has a contribution to make and Glasner has mentioned his versatility.
The big question remains his role in the Glasner formation.
He doesn't look like a player for the right of a front 3 or for one for a 2 man centre midfield.

Glasner would have known Kamada's strengths and weaknesses when proposing him as a signing so I'm sure that he will feature in many games whether as a sub or a starter.

Palace have certainly gone up in the world when you consider that a while after I had jointed Hol we had a thread discussing whether Owen Garvan was going to be a great player in the Premiership or not.

I consider Kamada will do well, going back to Owen I regarded him as a good Championship player and I think I had that call right.

Lots of players take time to adjust, new players around them, different pace and systems....in fact it's less common that a player starts on fire. I remember similar doubts being put on Jedinak in his first few games and I'll never forget the numpy comment on here by someone who said we should sell Zaha for ten million.....in fact he said we should bite their hand off.

He's improving. His rocket shot impressed me despite the poor aim. Even many top-level Premier League players either scuff such a shot or airmail it high into the stands – 4 of 5 chances, I'd say. If it wasn't merely a one-time happy accident, Kamada could be a useful player trailing an attack while Mateta attracts defenders close to the keeper.

Early impressions are that he is a neat and tidy technician with a good workrate. The bullet shot which almost went through Sanchez showed impressive technique and skill. I also liked some of his movement off the ball in the second half once Doucoure/Wharton started to click. He is not unlike Max Meyer in some respects - only now we have a coaching philosophy and playing style to suit that type of player better.

I'd expect to see some of this season being an adjustment, a stronger second half and even stronger next season.

Apparently he’s mates with Dailey Maida at Celtic, a player I’d love to see at Palace. He’d be great on our left wing, has pace and endless energy and could fill that left wing back role. With him on the left and Munoz on the right Kamada would thrive.

Apparently he’s mates with Dailey Maida at Celtic, a player I’d love to see at Palace. He’d be great on our left wing, has pace and endless energy and could fill that left wing back role. With him on the left and Munoz on the right Kamada would thrive.
That’s a thought, maybe the January window…

Not another Edourde!

What we really need is another Zaha, but without the negativity and moaning

OR we need Olise to come back at the end of the season or even in January. I can’t imagine he can be enjoying it much there, either him or the club. He’s not outgoing and sociable like Eze, quite the contrary.
And his stats don’t look good

What we really need is another Zaha, but without the negativity and moaning

OR we need Olise to come back at the end of the season or even in January. I can’t imagine he can be enjoying it much there, either him or the club. He’s not outgoing and sociable like Eze, quite the contrary.
And his stats don’t look good

Even accepting big clubs have different expectations he's only had two league games. He'll need a bit longer to settle down before his stats are much of an issue.

Back