• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Israel v Hamas

How on earth have they managed to get pagers they don’t own to explode from miles away?

Didn’t the sequel of The Kingsman film use manipulation of the population via mobile phones?
I presume some kind of satellite microwave technology - an electrical/radio wave pulse of some type. It's probably spoken about on the internet somewhere. This is just off the top of my head - no official secrets.
And yes, In Kingsman there is some kind of thing that makes heads explode when a signal is sent. Fact stranger than fiction. Quite scary when you're holding a mobile and texting when you think about it.
The other question, obviously, is why are Hezbollah in the 1990s? Idiots.

I presume some kind of satellite microwave technology - an electrical/radio wave pulse of some type. It's probably spoken about on the internet somewhere. This is just off the top of my head - no official secrets.
And yes, In Kingsman there is some kind of thing that makes heads explode when a signal is sent. Fact stranger than fiction. Quite scary when you're holding a mobile and texting when you think about it.
Warning. This video contains serious injuries in hospital from these pager explosions…

If that can be done to mobiles in a geographical zone then it's only a matter of time.....as with any technology.

It's the kind of injuries, some very serious that you'd expect from small explosive quite close to the body.
The video of the very young dead child being carried after his head is split in two is probably the worst thing I can remember seeing. The results of war on film can result in protests. Sometimes the reasons for war are debatable.

I'm not quite sure what practical outcome is achieved from an action like this other than escalating the chance of Hezbollah invading....which seems to be Israel's plan....same as with Ukraine....get America to fight their war against Iran and Lebanon. As if America doesn't bankroll them enough already.

I think America willingly escalating is highly unlikely, especially with the election close, though maybe Israel's movers and shakers regard that as the most opportunistic time as the president will be forced to back Israel, whereas when they have a whole term ahead of them they are freer to make unpopular decisions (as Starmer proved).

The video of the very young dead child being carried after his head is split in two is probably the worst thing I can remember seeing. The results of war on film can result in protests. Sometimes the reasons for war are debatable.
The most gung-ho for wars tend to be those least likely to fight in them.

Wars are so damaging that they only make sense on an existential level. Unless they are obvious foregone conclusions sensible politicians do their best to avoid them and close them down. However, we don't live in the times of intellectuals like Kennedy or Nixon.....Instead we have Biden, Trump and Harris.

Batteries would be explosive in the right circumstances.
It also sounds crazy to put explosives in thousands of pagers and no one to notice. You'd think the Mossad branding would give it away.

If they could do that kind of thing in that clip that's very bad news.

Back