• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Everton vs. Crystal Palace match thread

It was very disappointing and we have lost that ability to get behind the opposition - if we carry on with these team selections, continuing with Kamada, playing Nketiah out of position etc. etc. the prognosis is terminal

Mateta and Nketiah playing together up front just isnt working at all. The whole balance is wrong, our successful run last season had Mateta as the lone striker.

We have reverted to giving the ball away in stupid positions.

Kamada is costing us and needs dropping.

I'd also like to see Eze's pass completion stat, as he loses possession a lot more than people realise. He's trying to be too flash almost every time he gets the ball when a simple pass is on.

I worry Nketiah is going to be of those hit and hope wasteful strikers like Benteke even when we play him correctly. His goal rate on shots is truly dreadful and having watched him invthe past he's world class at finding the keeper.

Don't these players aim it???? Quite incredible how they worm their way to these levels.

I spent the first half lamenting our sloppiness with the ball, misdirected passing, poor touches, so was hardly surprising a sloppy pass from Kamada led to the equaliser.

Eze not getting to the good spots he was last season, Wharton barely wasted the ball last season but now is at times. Mateta back to 2022 form, Munoz not as threatening. Wow.

Only bright spot was Lacroix, was very good.

Fuming isn't the word. We could very easily be playing Championship football next year, which considering the quality we have is shocking. No one is too good to go down and we need to realise that, fast!

I worry Nketiah is going to be of those hit and hope wasteful strikers like Benteke even when we play him correctly. His goal rate on shots is truly dreadful and having watched him invthe past he's world class at finding the keeper.

Don't these players aim it???? Quite incredible how they worm their way to these levels.
I put a post up on August 26 when we were looking at him. In that post, I said that I had a look at his Arsenal stats and commented, it's a big fat no from me I ain't changed my mind.

Just to be different....I think we are still getting there and I am trying to be positive. Playing the "land of the giants team" wasn't a big part of our loss today.

Henderson - good game, alert for over the top balls and not at fault for either goal.
Munoz - busy as ever, saw a lot of the ball without doing a great deal. A key part of Glasnerball.
Guehi - assured, won more headers than usual and comfortable on the ball.
Lacroix - His best game for us? Some key interceptions and getting up to PL speed.
Lerma - Did well and gave us more fluidity at the back.
Mitchell - Solid defensively and available as an outlet. Isn't one of the top PL chance creators this season?
Kamada - a mixed bag, not all bad. OG must think that he is worth investing time in. Who are we to disagree?
Wharton - not quite firing on all cylinders but maybe carrying an injury. IMO needs Doucoure alongside him.
Eze - As often, moments of greatness but drifts. I think would be better with Sarr as a starter to take a little pressure off and offer another threat.
Nketiah - seems to be played out of position a lot but skillful, direct and wholehearted. I think he will come good like AJ did.
Mateta - No summer break at all, so not quite at the heights of last season's end. We just need to play more to his strengths. I believe he will click into gear again, given better service.
Glasner - I get the Kamada thing and playing Nketiah out of position. But I think the end of last season has earnt him some slack though we need to click again soon.

We've still got Riad, Franca and Doucoure to come back and they will feel like new signings.

Europe is looking a bit further away but we have a much better squad overall this season. That will come into play more as the season progresses.

So, I have decided to let the cat out rather than kick it.

How did we bottle this game against Everton utter embarrassing, Things need to change I do not understand what is going on 0 wins 3 draws 3 Losses. Next week we will get smashed against Liverpool after that its Forest away which we should win but this is a joke we spent over £70 million transfer market and cannot even beat Everton things need to change

Just to be different....I think we are still getting there and I am trying to be positive. Playing the "land of the giants team" wasn't a big part of our loss today.

Henderson - good game, alert for over the top balls and not at fault for either goal.
Munoz - busy as ever, saw a lot of the ball without doing a great deal. A key part of Glasnerball.
Guehi - assured, won more headers than usual and comfortable on the ball.
Lacroix - His best game for us? Some key interceptions and getting up to PL speed.
Lerma - Did well and gave us more fluidity at the back.
Mitchell - Solid defensively and available as an outlet. Isn't one of the top PL chance creators this season?
Kamada - a mixed bag, not all bad. OG must think that he is worth investing time in. Who are we to disagree?
Wharton - not quite firing on all cylinders but maybe carrying an injury. IMO needs Doucoure alongside him.
Eze - As often, moments of greatness but drifts. I think would be better with Sarr as a starter to take a little pressure off and offer another threat.
Nketiah - seems to be played out of position a lot but skillful, direct and wholehearted. I think he will come good like AJ did.
Mateta - No summer break at all, so not quite at the heights of last season's end. We just need to play more to his strengths. I believe he will click into gear again, given better service.
Glasner - I get the Kamada thing and playing Nketiah out of position. But I think the end of last season has earnt him some slack though we need to click again soon.

We've still got Riad, Franca and Doucoure to come back and they will feel like new signings.

Europe is looking a bit further away but we have a much better squad overall this season. That will come into play more as the season progresses.

So, I have decided to let the cat out rather than kick it.
Zouma wouldn't of let the cat out 😂

Fuming isn't the word. We could very easily be playing Championship football next year, which considering the quality we have is shocking. No one is too good to go down and we need to realise that, fast!

Its a bad result today. But more worrying is the poor performance. And also remember that Everton are not very good.

Clinton M described us as toothless. And he was correct.

Sarr is one of those big game players who could score a couple against Liverpool. I think he’s shredded them in the past.

I might put a bet on us to win next weekend. Let’s just hope Glasner gets his selection right.

Drop Kamada and start Sarr would be a good start. Mitchell also needs a kick up the arse.

We're conceding an average of 1.5 goals a game which means we need to score 2 to win.
We're not the dynamic, free scoring team from the end of last season where we always looked like scoring.
At present we look like a team who can draw games, but not win them.
The balance of the team does not look right.
If we lose to Liverpool in the next fixture (not unlikely) , we will go into mid October without a league win.
Then it's another international break with players away and more disrupted training.

I'm not pushing a panic button, but I envisage a difficult season if we persist with a system that does not suit our current players.

Yeah ….. 4 monthes ago we feared that OG will be lured away by Bayern, City etc. instead of winning the title with us, now he knows nothing about football…. Sorry, but this seems a little bit overreacting to me.
First half we played decent and should have killed off the game, 2nd was sh!te as we seemed to loose the plot after conceding.

just watched the replay and it was a clear penalty on Mateta - why neither Madley or VAR didn't give it is pure cowardice on their part - we should hear from Glasner on that. You could say if we went 2 up, we might have played a more relaxed and fluid style as we did last season once we cleared the relegation threat. On paper we have a good squad, on the pitch they look ordinary and unable to be creative

Back