• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Everton vs. Crystal Palace match thread

Interesting stat: Since Wolves got promoted and they sold their two best players this summer, only Palace and Brighton have a lower net transfer spend. I can't understand why we got Kamada on high wages, other than he was on a free; we would have been much better off trusting Ozoh and giving him the game time, with Hughes or Lerma or Doucoure, to partner Wharton.
Ozoh isnt good enough yet and he hasnt won a European trophy. Kamada will come good, his deal costs £10m over a 2 year contract, his value on Transfermarket is £18m.

Looking at the fixture list pre season, I thought we’d have 16 points after 6 games. We couldn’t have asked for an easier start, avoiding the big 4. Wtf is going to happen when the fixtures start getting difficult, like next week?

Ozoh isnt good enough yet and he hasnt won a European trophy. Kamada will come good, his deal costs £10m over a 2 year contract, his value on Transfermarket is £18m.
Transfermkt valuation doesn’t really mean anything though. Eye test over 6 games proves Kamada isn’t worth £18k let alone £18m.

His stats from lazio showed he was a player in sharp decline and we have been silly enough to throw a load of money at him. Max Meyer 2.0

Transfermkt valuation doesn’t really mean anything though. Eye test over 6 games proves Kamada isn’t worth £18k let alone £18m.

His stats from lazio showed he was a player in sharp decline and we have been silly enough to throw a load of money at him. Max Meyer 2.0
I still think there’s a good player in Kamada. What I don’t understand is why Glasner is playing him in a midfield two? The best I have seen him play so far is in the nketia position on the right of the front 3. We seem to have screwed up by buying players for positions where we don’t need replacements and then playing them out of position? We need a couple of players for each position granted but then to play them together doesn’t make sense? I genuinely thought Glasner was the manager for us at last but now I’m having serious doubts :-(

As its been pointed out before. You either have the team built to fit the system, or you adapt the system to fit the players, or you buy young talent and play the long game waiting for them to suit the preferred system.

We are a half way house on all of these fronts. At the moment I'd say we have to tweak the system.

We have two good forwards, who haven't played as a pair/partnership, why not let them try for a while.

We have a player in Eze crying out to be a proper No.10 just behind the front two, he will find more space there and be more influential.

We have one AWB and one FB who cant really play AWB so as there is no other option, play a back four and adopt a proper DM with two CM's. This should make us more compact.

Back