• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Everton vs. Crystal Palace match thread

As I said in earlier post I thought we played really well in the first half, we need to kill off teams when we're playing like that. When McNeil scored that goal I just knew we'd go to sh*t and lose.

So, back to worrying about relegation. Those few months where we actually fooled ourselves into believing we were turning things around were true bliss.
I posted before the season began saying something along the lines of, "I hope the tail end of last season wasn't our moment in the sun".

Depressingly , it appears it might have been. I didn't necessarily expect us to carry on as we finished 23/24 but I did expect us to carry some sort of momentum into this season, even without Olise and Andersen.

We look terrible, needs to drop mateta, kamada, play Nketiah in the middle and start sarr, eze looks terrible but we rely too much on him, should have got competition for Mitchell in the summer, 3rd season he can play how he wants and can't get dropped.

Eze needs to commit to some kind of overlap on the left to help Mitchell. I think last year Olise would switch and then really pressure the oppo full back but Eze made no attempt to get on the outside and would instead stand there and let the game pass him by.

Lacroix actually had a really good game and Guehi is a cut above.

Generally the passing was very poor. Wharton, Mitchell, Komada all frequently passed the ball away.

The tactics at the end were more out of hope than anything. I'd prefer to see Sarr and Munoz down the right offering us width - at least Sarr seems to understand the need to get into that channel.

We had no number 10 today really. So there was little coming down the middle. 2/3 passes perhaps made it, but went nowhere really.

Frustrating to concede a worldy - albeit from giving the ball away, and then unlucky from Nketiah putting it on a plate for the second.

We didn't really create anything though which is very worrying.

Sold our best attacking player (to be fair didn’t have a choice), sold arguably our best defender, sold our hardest working forward player, loaned out our back up striker. Replaced them with players with zero EPL experience or who haven’t previously convinced at this level. Some of who were the manager’s handpicked choice. Played a series of winnable fixtures without ever looking like winning a game. OG keeps repeating the same selection and tactical errors and looks to me like he’s lost the dressing room a bit. I really think we may need to look at a managerial change soon or the Championship beckons

This season has been an omnishambles from day 1. Selling our starting centre back and a key component of our attacking play the day before a match. Constantly chopping and changing the team and formation. Selling Ayew one day before he played his game of the season against West Ham. Spending 25 million plus on Nketieh then playing him out of position or taking him off for Jeff Schlupp. Allowing Mateta to go to the Olympics and give him no break etc etc

I took no pleasure in forecasting this as all the signs were there - our abysmal record at Goodison, living dangerously for our 3 points, nobody able to hold the ball, indecision by the manager as to his best team (if we actually have one), persisting with Kamada, Eze always heavily marked, a suspect defence, players thinking they are still managed by Hodgson, taking Nkethia off and not starting Sarr - and so it goes on.

I think most of us feel let down after the fireworks at the end of last season - how can we be so poor now?

The main issue for me is we play quickly out of defence and then slow down almost immediately. There is no pace to our attacks, no overlapping, too many sideways and backwards passes and we rely on a perfect diagonal to try and find a player who then knocks into the box where only one player is waiting.

We are effectively toothless up front despite having Eze, Mateta, Sarr and Nketiah.

Eze needs to up his effort off the ball as the opposition play around him like he doesn’t exist.

Kamada should not be starting games as he causes us more problems than he resolves.

Finally and then I’m going out for beer, we play like we are winning the game when we are actually losing. For the first time under Glasner I am concerned about how we are playing, it’s almost like we think we are too good to lose matches, but we have already lost 3 against very average teams.

Clueless doesn’t even come close. This is now really worrying and really poor.

I was so confident going into this season but that has well and truly gone. I can’t believe I’m now actually thinking so negatively about OG.

I don’t get the Kamada thing. Why Sarr is not starting. Selling Anderson to only be around £10 mill up. Eze as I feared is no longer any threat and won’t be without an ‘Olise’ take the heat off.

JPM looks disinterested. Munoz erratic, ML has moments where he looks great and then can’t make a simple pass.

Does anybody have a clue what we are doing going forwards because I can’t see a plan. I am so pissed off.

Agree with Kamada. Hardly even Championship. His passing probably not even League 2. Although in fairness he had one brilliant pass - to McNeill for the equaliser.

Eze needs to commit to some kind of overlap on the left to help Mitchell. I think last year Olise would switch and then really pressure the oppo full back but Eze made no attempt to get on the outside and would instead stand there and let the game pass him by.

Lacroix actually had a really good game and Guehi is a cut above.

Generally the passing was very poor. Wharton, Mitchell, Komada all frequently passed the ball away.

The tactics at the end were more out of hope than anything. I'd prefer to see Sarr and Munoz down the right offering us width - at least Sarr seems to understand the need to get into that channel.

We had no number 10 today really. So there was little coming down the middle. 2/3 passes perhaps made it, but went nowhere really.

Frustrating to concede a worldy - albeit from giving the ball away, and then unlucky from Nketiah putting it on a plate for the second.

We didn't really create anything though which is very worrying.
Eze needs to be playing much higher up the pitch than he has been

We don't look at the races.

Very poor according to the commentary. Glasner has to stop playing the lemons he's brought in.

Mitchell sounded average at best. We have a real problem down the left which is never addressed.

I posted before the season began saying something along the lines of, "I hope the tail end of last season wasn't our moment in the sun".

Depressingly , it appears it might have been. I didn't necessarily expect us to carry on as we finished 23/24 but I did expect us to carry some sort of momentum into this season, even without Olise and Andersen.
Im afraid you hit the nail on the head. There are some heavy dark clouds overhead and we are getting swamped.

Very poor today , even when we had them on the ropes in the first half we were too sloppy to take advantage . Not a lot else to say about that , back to the drawing board for OG

It just doesn't feel like we're going to score. The link up play in the final third is definitely lacking something (obviously Olise, but alas we need to move on). There should be more threaded passes through the defence with Eddie and JP running on to them and scoring.

Back