• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Eddie Nketiah (signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It he does join us, do you see him playing as a two with Mateta, taking the Olise role, replacing Mateta or a back up?

I wouldn't be surprised to see OG experiment a bit with where he can play him and to what effect.

It's hard to envisage, after his initial run, that he is to directly replace JPM but also for £30mil, and I am guessing a promise of game-time, it's not the easiest to figure out on assumption alone!

It he does join us, do you see him playing as a two with Mateta, taking the Olise role, replacing Mateta or a back up?
I think one of the reasons we've always been interested in him is that he can play across all three positions up front. He's a bit like Wilf in that he prefers to be a striker but is arguably better in an inside forward role. Certainly more effective than Edouard - which I think is pretty much a given these days.

Yeah, but you trust him even though the picture is fake.

He has not undergone the medical yet.
More genius from you.

I'm fully aware of that. The fake shirt thing is just for effect.

The only football guy I trust. (mostly)

98% of click bait is totally made up. Not worth the time.

Looks like this one is sorted.
I wouldn’t trust Romano at all. Too often, you see articles about his tweets, but when you check his profile, the original posts are deleted. If he gets it wrong, he deletes it, making his timeline look like hit after hit. He might have contacts in the game, but deleting his mistakes creates a false narrative and feeds the clickbait culture.

I wouldn’t trust Romano at all. Too often, you see articles about his tweets, but when you check his profile, the original posts are deleted. If he gets it wrong, he deletes it, making his timeline look like hit after hit. He might have contacts in the game, but deleting his mistakes creates a false narrative and feeds the clickbait culture.
Somebody did a round up of all the ones he got wrong (not Palace specific) he looked quite silly, he always starts with Here we go as though it's a done deal. Maybe it's Dazza.

Somebody did a round up of all the ones he got wrong (not Palace specific) he looked quite silly, he always starts with Here we go as though it's a done deal. Maybe it's Dazza.
Yeah, that sounds about right! Romano’s ‘Here we go’ definitely adds to the hype, but it’s clear he’s not immune to getting it wrong—just like Dazza! At least Dazza gives us some entertainment every window, but with Romano, it’s frustrating when he plays it off like it never happened. Guess it’s all about taking every ‘exclusive’ with a pinch of salt!

I don't think Fabrizio Romano is actually a "real" person, it's probably a few people working together to garner traffic. Instead of making yet another page called "This Is Football" or "SportWorldNow" or whatever these clickbait sites are called, they invent this swarve Italian 'in the know' looking fella and everybody eats it up.

I started a thread on the old HOL about how Romano is somehow held up as the wise Gandolf of transfers and some people think he is an expert. I think he gets plenty wrong and don't understand how some people hang on his every word when there is plenty of click bait just saying what he's tweeting.

I started a thread on the old HOL about how Romano is somehow held up as the wise Gandolf of transfers and some people think he is an expert. I think he gets plenty wrong and don't understand how some people hang on his every word when there is plenty of click bait just saying what he's tweeting.
You're not wrong there, even the bbc & Sky use him as if it is sacrosanct.

All old Fabricatezio does is repeat what everyone else has already said, or like most media, twists words in order to get the clicks on his tweets. He's the one who I never take notice of. Anyway apparently we've put a bid in to get Benteke back

Most clickbait is 100% made up.
Romano is right 95% of the time. If he gets it wrong, he corrects or deletes it. I don't see the problem with that.

No one said he is infallible, he is just far more reliable than most. I will start taking a story seriously if he confirms it.

If others want to do something else, then good luck to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back