• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Eddie Nketiah (signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal man and boy. Dreamed his whole life of being the next Henry. His reluctance to come here completely understandable.

However the fact tha he was half way to Forest suggests a new reality has dawned.

Why did the Forest deal collapse? Concern?
Good point Silver , no-one has given a reason for the collapse. Did he have the medical even 🤔

Somebody else on here suggested Toney. At the money Nketiah would come for is it just Toneys wages that stops us going for him?

If we’re looking at a situation of Ed going and another one coming in, I’d be content with that.

Few questions around Nketiah as have been highlighted but he knows the league and is capable of grabbing a goal. Very different player to JPM too.

So not an overly exciting scenario for me, but definitely a preferable one.

Nketiah has quick feet and reactions. I feel he fits into Glasner's type of forward.
However, everything is up in the air at the moment and we can only hope that we end this window well.

If we’re looking at a situation of Ed going and another one coming in, I’d be content with that.

Few questions around Nketiah as have been highlighted but he knows the league and is capable of grabbing a goal. Very different player to JPM too.

So not an overly exciting scenario for me, but definitely a preferable one.
Still not sure about this one. Eduoard (95/18) has a better scoring record than Nketiah (116/19). Different players they may be and we might suit him better but the stats don't inspire confidence.

I suppose comparing Edouard and Nketiah is understandable but ultimately pointless.

Edouard, the odd goal aside, contributes very little. He hasn't progressed and still looks like a player that hasn't come to terms with the pace and intensity of the Premier League.

Nketiahs goal stats are broadly similar, but my expectation of him is that he has the ability to not only score goals but make a greater all around contribution.

Let's face it, Premier League proven goalscorers go for far more that £25-30m and wouldn't come to Palace anyway.

I suppose comparing Edouard and Nketiah is understandable but ultimately pointless.

Edouard, the odd goal aside, contributes very little. He hasn't progressed and still looks like a player that hasn't come to terms with the pace and intensity of the Premier League.

Nketiahs goal stats are broadly similar, but my expectation of him is that he has the ability to not only score goals but make a greater all around contribution.

Let's face it, Premier League proven goalscorers go for far more that £25-30m and wouldn't come to Palace anyway.

As you say we can't afford a recognised goalscorer and if we managed to find one we couldn't keep him anyway. I'm just not convinced Nketiah is necessarily the answer, particularly at the price quoted.
Hope I'm wrong.

As you say we can't afford a recognised goalscorer and if we managed to find one we couldn't keep him anyway. I'm just not convinced Nketiah is necessarily the answer, particularly at the price quoted.
Hope I'm wrong.
I'm not convinced either Teddy.

Hopefully we will both be wrong !

Still not sure about this one. Eduoard (95/18) has a better scoring record than Nketiah (116/19). Different players they may be and we might suit him better but the stats don't inspire confidence.
It depends how you calculate the record. Edouard has spent over 1000 minutes more on the pitch than Nketiah with 56 starts to Nketiah's 38. On a minutes per goal basis Nketiah is well ahead - 1 goal every 216 minutes v Edouard's 1 every 280 minutes, so I would suggest that Nketiah has the better record.

It depends how you calculate the record. Edouard has spent over 1000 minutes more on the pitch than Nketiah with 56 starts to Nketiah's 38. On a minutes per goal basis Nketiah is well ahead - 1 goal every 216 minutes v Edouard's 1 every 280 minutes, so I would suggest that Nketiah has the better record.

Hopefully, if we do get him, he scores boatloads and I'll be eating my hat full of humble pie.

Of course, a lot depends on who you play with, Nketiah played with a better team but Edouard had Zaha, Eze and Olise who are no slouches. I can't say I'm inspired by either but definitley would not want them both in the squad at the expense of an upgrade elsewhere

Nketiah seems an odd one if we are keeping Mateta.
He likes to play down the middle and occupies the same space as Mateta and makes the same runs into the penalty area to get on the end of chances.
It makes me wonder if we are contemplating the sale of Mateta if there is difficulty in the contract negotiations with him.

I don’t see Nketiah playing down the side in a 3 man frontline but could be wrong.
I suppose we could be contemplating two up front if Mateta is staying (352) .

I don’t think Nketiah would join to be on the bench so it’s a bit of a head scratcher.

The debate about whether he is better than edouard is all well and good But who is going take on Edouard at £84k a week!!
There is no way we should sell Mateta to make space for Nketiah and still have Edouard on the payroll.

The debate about whether he is better than edouard is all well and good But who is going take on Edouard at £84k a week!!
There is no way we should sell Mateta to make space for Nketiah and still have Edouard on the payroll.
Fair point but we need options up front. Nketiah could play alongside Mateta or take his place. I guess if we can’t sell Edouard he becomes a younger but lazy version of Ayew to bring off the bench.

Personally I think Nketiah would be a brilliant signing. He can play anywhere in that front 3, is absolutely clinical in front of goal, has quick feet and is a real intelligent player. His current scoring numbers are skewed as he isn't Arsenal's first choice striker, so majority of his appearance's are off the bench.

Once Glasner has had the time to work with him and he gets the best out of him, we could have a serious player on our hands. £30m will look like a bargain in a few years, if that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back