• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Eddie Nketiah (signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m excited about his potential move to us. He’s a handful for any opposition and I think could gel with the team.

Let’s to be positive.

His a great signing for palace him and mateta will be a real handful for any defence with ebs and sarr and kamada its already looking a very good side

Only 19 goals over 7 PL seasons but I accept he has not been a regular starter.

Last scored in the PL back in October 2023 when he netted a hat-trick against a struggling Sheff Utd team.

The reported fee does appear exorbitant.

Last edited:
I remain a bit baffled by our long term interest in him and the fee does seem very high given his record.

However, I do have a lot of faith in the team now. Our recent record has been superb so if they think he will be good for us, will happily buy into it and hope that it's me who is wrong.

We still massively need another LB and CB though so I'm hoping the wheels remain in motion about that.

looks like Eddie the Eagle mark II ... I jest, and to those who are basically calling him an Arsenal reject and casting doubts on that basis I don't think it's that simple - Arsenal strikers have to be abs top class: Wright, Henry, Giroud, even Adebayor and Aubameyang ... being just below that level is good enough for us, he could be for us what Solanke was for Bournemouth, and if that's a scouse reject that would do for me.

looks like Eddie the Eagle mark II ... I jest, and to those who are basically calling him an Arsenal reject and casting doubts on that basis I don't think it's that simple - Arsenal strikers have to be abs top class: Wright, Henry, Giroud, even Adebayor and Aubameyang ... being just below that level is good enough for us, he could be for us what Solanke was for Bournemouth, and if that's a scouse reject that would do for me.

I'd tend to agree as long as it's not more than 25m up front (which I know seems mental but that's just the prices these days). I also think he could play off of Mateta too so we'd have some different options going forwards. I reckon with regular football he's a 10+ goals a season player which will do us.

Correct me if im wrong , was Saka the top scorer for them last season with 16 goals and Jesus had 4 Havertz 14. Hardly in the same boat as Wright Henry Giroud . Maybe im wrong . He could be for us what Solanke was for Bournmouth. Hmm we will see .

I'll go out on a limb and say Nketiah wil probably do better for us than Adebayor did.

He can play anywhere across the front three. He will improve our team without doubt.
So long as we do sign another right sided attacker along with nketiah,and then edouard leaving would make us a lot stronger

Last edited:
I'll go out on a limb and say Nketiah wil probably do better for us than Adebayor did.
ooohhh so clever, Adebayor was amazing for one season at least, he was well past his prime when we got him - Arsenal had Martinez or Jesus as strikers last season, I take the point that Nketiah should have pressured those two more, but the size of club and expectations they've got Nketiah isn't going to be their number one - but at somewhere like Wolves, Leicester, Forest, West Ham or us he could be very successful, so the fact that he can't establish himself as Arsenal's number one striker need not put us off given the level of striker Arsenal have generally had over the last thirty years or so.

ooohhh so clever, Adebayor was amazing for one season at least, he was well past his prime when we got him - Arsenal had Martinez or Jesus as strikers last season, I take the point that Nketiah should have pressured those two more, but the size of club and expectations they've got Nketiah isn't going to be their number one - but at somewhere like Wolves, Leicester, Forest, West Ham or us he could be very successful, so the fact that he can't establish himself as Arsenal's number one striker need not put us off given the level of striker Arsenal have generally had over the last thirty years or so.

He scored a solitary PL goal for us in 12 appearances.

He scored a solitary PL goal for us in 12 appearances.
it should be clear that I was referring to his time at Arsenal when I used the word 'amazing'🙄 - the substantive point is that Nketiah being less than amazing for Arsenal need not deter us from bringing him in if we think he can fulfill his potential in our team

Correct me if im wrong , was Saka the top scorer for them last season with 16 goals and Jesus had 4 Havertz 14. Hardly in the same boat as Wright Henry Giroud . Maybe im wrong . He could be for us what Solanke was for Bournmouth. Hmm we will see .

Only issue for me is Solanke struggled a bit for goals, but his alround game and contribution was always there.

Eddie, feels like a good Edouard, pretty decent finisher, but limited around game. Feels like the type of player that goes missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back