• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Eddie Nketiah (signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal are short up front and yet are prepared to let Nketiah go.

What does that say?

Is there no one better available?

I'd say your take on this is spot on, I think he could score 15+ as a regular striker, but it'd be him or Mateta, you couldn't play both - we need to strengthen the attacking line and his stats are misleading, with the right opportunity he'd score freely, but he doesn't fit the jigsaw atm. In a perefect world we'd get a young understudy striker and a goal scoring left footed right winger for about £35 mil. But it's not a perfect world - his arrival as a replacement for Mateta is what makes sense, as you allude to.

Bryan Mbeumo would fit the bill but he is way out of our reach.

I can never get very excited about players that clubs are trying to sell - it's the ones they want to keep that are the better options.

Its a no for me, mainly because he doesn't fit in , Glasner likes one big man up front, and i cant believe he will change his system for him
I believe Glasner has played with a front 2 and a #10 behind. Eze, Mateta and Nketiah?
Having said that if he doesn’t want to play for us, what’s the point. Very frustrating window and I can see Glasner getting peed off

he's on £120k a week so it's a no from me unless OG says he wants to play 2 up top.

If we are sticking with the current formation can't see him getting ahead of Mateta and his work rate is pretty poor. Not dissimilar to EO - having one lazy overpaid striker is surely enough

Been linked with him and Sarr for ever and a day. So it could happen.
Arsenal will need to come to terms with the finances if they want him out. Asking too much for a guy on £125k a week, is it for 2 more years. We might pay him if the fee is modest.Bear in mind we’re paying £100k to our second best keeper.
It’s all bloody crazy really. After Edy’s efforts on Saturday we might be desperate. I’m not assuming JPM will continue his end of season scoring rate. He may but I’m not relying on it.Nketiah seems to score when he plays, but he doesn’t start that much. kind of on the fence.

Apparently (and I don't have the link, unfortunately), according to Ornstein Arsenal will accept our bid of £25m + £5m add-ons for Nketiah and personal terms are unlikely to be a problem. Just passing on what |'ve heard, so please don't shoot the messenger.

Apparently (and I don't have the link, unfortunately), according to Ornstein Arsenal will accept our bid of £25m + £5m add-ons for Nketiah and personal terms are unlikely to be a problem. Just passing on what |'ve heard, so please don't shoot the messenger.
This information was posted at the Athletic. Seems like it could be happening pretty quickly.

If supposedly he rejected a move to us when Mateta didn't know where the net was nor Eduoard (he still probably doesn't ) why would he come now when presumably he will be understudy to Mateta ? Sat showed that playing another centre forward with Mateta is problematical. He certainly isn't like for like with Mateta. Is he a grafter ? as if he does come that is what we need.

If supposedly he rejected a move to us when Mateta didn't know where the net was nor Eduoard (he still probably doesn't ) why would he come now when presumably he will be understudy to Mateta ? Sat showed that playing another centre forward with Mateta is problematical. He certainly isn't like for like with Mateta. Is he a grafter ? as if he does come that is what we need.
He won’t be understudy to Mateta, imo he will play in a 2 with Eze behind ( the role Eduoard played Sunday). Eduoard will be sold to Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back