• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Eddie Nketiah (signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not wrong there, even the bbc & Sky use him as if it is sacrosanct.
Years ago, when we were looking for a new manager, one of our posters came on here. He said he had posted a fake story on that other platform that X manager was going to be appointed.

Sure enough, his post was picked up by click bait and X entered the race for a few days as one of the runners and riders.

Easy done. This guy just plays that ether.

Is he essentially a mouthpiece for agents? It's hard enough keeping up with Palace rumours and he's reporting on dozens of clubs around Europe.

My theory about Nketiah is that he will replace Mateta when we sell him in the winter window, so get him in first.
My fear was that Mateta would go this window but Jan 25 is realistic if he continues performing and doesn't sign a new contract with us (I believe we have a 1 year option on the current one which means we could extend till 2027). Much will depend on where we are come the next window. Bear in mind that he's 27 and wants to play in European competitions. Unfortunately, he had 2 wasted years under Hodgson and Vieira.

I’d prefer a ‘proven’ Tammy Abraham’ who’s now fit having returned from an ACL injury and apparently available to offers. Great all round player, I watched him at Bristol City.

I don't think Fabrizio Romano is actually a "real" person, it's probably a few people working together to garner traffic. Instead of making yet another page called "This Is Football" or "SportWorldNow" or whatever these clickbait sites are called, they invent this swarve Italian 'in the know' looking fella and everybody eats it up.
a bit like Banksy

my only concern is that Nketiah and Mateta fighting for one place would be a bit like Henderson and Johnstone - the number two would eventually want out (if you'll pardon the expression)

my only concern is that Nketiah and Mateta fighting for one place would be a bit like Henderson and Johnstone - the number two would eventually want out (if you'll pardon the expression)
Still better than what he has which is 3rd in line with a team that considers him surplus to requirements. With us he will rotate with Mateta and can cover both wings.

Once they are all up to speed that is some front line of Eze - Mateta/Nketiah - Sarr.

Correction. I said up thread that he was gooner man and boy. Actually came up through the Chelsea academy.

Medical today.

So Romano was right. How about that. 😊

I'll be happy with Nketia and Lacroix now and Ill accept Guehi going ( although still prefer him to stay).
We always make such a meal over transfers.

Eddie having his medical (reported just now on Sky Sports News). ML coming in too as a deal has been agreed and I really don't think MG is going anywhere. It makes no sense to make him club captain the week before, nobody is that dumb surely (looking at Steve P) why on earth would they make him captain and then he leaves a week later.

Eddie having his medical (reported just now on Sky Sports News). ML coming in too as a deal has been agreed and I really don't think MG is going anywhere. It makes no sense to make him club captain the week before, nobody is that dumb surely (looking at Steve P) why on earth would they make him captain and then he leaves a week later.
I can only see MG going if Liverpool come in for him, perhaps offering Joe Gomez as part of the deal

It makes no sense to make him club captain the week before, nobody is that dumb surely (looking at Steve P) why on earth would they make him captain and then he leaves a week later.
I think it does a few things. It's as much a 'Not for sale' sign as we can do, shows confidence in Marc and maybe something to convince him to sit down with SP and extend his contract. Also if he does go, it reinforces his 70m price tag.

Well, Lacroix was promoted to Vice-captain by Rabbit Hutch at Wolfsburg just one or two weeks ago. Don’t think it’s of any relevance for a possible transfer.

I think it does a few things. It's as much a 'Not for sale' sign as we can do, shows confidence in Marc and maybe something to convince him to sit down with SP and extend his contract. Also if he does go, it reinforces his 70m price tag.
It just might be kidology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back