• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Crystal Palace vs Tottenham match thread

Hassled the heck out of Spurs and they didnt handle it well.

Lacroix started impressing me a few weeks ago, thought he was fantastic today, iooks a bargain.

Ebber half way back, as was Wharton and Munoz.

Think we may have found our best starting 11 after some chopping and changing. Perhaps a fit Doucoure might change that.

Just relief.

Great game today and a deserved win.
We pressed hard nearly all game and many players had their best game of the season today.
The ref ruined it - absolutely crap - from where we were, Eze should have had a penalty and they should have had a player sent off.
Happy journey home for a change!

I’m really hoping Wharton was not on painkillers. He even got cramp and played on a bit. It will be magic if he comes through from this game ok. Wharton like today is a game changer for us. Him and Hughes/doucoure/lerma make us so much better.

What a wonderful result built on a solid team performance.They really did have a pep in their step.
As I departed for my journey to Selhurst Park, I turned to my dear wife and uttered "I fancy us to get something today". She looked at me akin to a stunned hogget.I just had that 'Feeling in my water'.

I shall be lubricating my larynx in short order.:beer:

So much more energy today, pressed them into a lot of mistakes at the back, I thought Lacroix was excellent at the back for us, Munoz and Wharton top quality again as well. Shame Eze’s still off it a bit, I even said to my mate he needs dropping for Schlupp at the moment 😳 never thought I’d be saying that
But all in all, like watching a different team again, spurs were very spursy today, very flakey, but a good performance from us all the same

Thought we pressed unbelievably well today by the way, best I've ever seen us do that. The couldn't get the ball away and us repeatedly winning in back in attacking areas really made holding onto the lead less stressful.
I'm surprised they persisted with playing it out from the back. We were over them like a rash, and they were absolutely rubbish at it when pressed

What a wonderful result built on a solid team performance.They really did have a pep in their step.
As I departed for my journey to Selhurst Park, I turned to my dear wife and uttered "I fancy us to get something today". She looked at me akin to a stunned hogget.I just had that 'Feeling in my water'.

I shall be lubricating my larynx in short order.:beer:

After that result, I thought you might be lubricating something else tonight Willo!

And you thought she looked like a ‘stunned hogget’ before the match.

Lacroix was absolutely immense, his speed and passing were incredible.

Good to hear. His pace was mentioned a few times when he signed but hasn't been particularly obvious up to now. His passing has been on show a bit so who knows? We potentially have a quicker Andersen on our hands now he's had a chance to settle in.

I was really impressed by the return of Mateta today. I hope he will bet kept as a starter. He is immense and a very important part of our positivity. On a very small critical note, I thought he looked a tad larger than at the end of last season. He was performing best when he got super thin. But overall, he ran his heart out today. Im sure if he is kept as a starter, he will soon get his finer edges sharpened up.
Great goal JP. Keep em coming.

2 little things that I loved today.....JP ran all the way over to OG after his goal for a hug and I presume thanks for trusting in him and secondly Lacroix ran down to the Holmesdale at full time punching the air and clapping the fans 👏

I was really impressed by the return of Mateta today. I hope he will bet kept as a starter. He is immense and a very important part of our positivity. On a very small critical note, I thought he looked a tad larger than at the end of last season. He was performing best when he got super thin. But overall, he ran his heart out today. Im sure if he is kept as a starter, he will soon get his finer edges sharpened up.
Great goal JP. Keep em coming.
Totally agree - JPM is clearly a lot more impactful that Eddie N - who looked lightweight and a bit lost when he came on. Sarr also showed he can provide that balance we have been missing on the right side.The other general improvement has been our defending of corners and set pieces with the new guys.

I thought the tactics were spot on and to be honest Spurs never really opened up Palace despite bringing on 5 first teams players when the likes of Hughes and Wharton were looking a bit jaded towards the end of the game. Defending is from the front and their back four were pressed and harried the whole game. That made it easier for the midfield to win the ball back ( which Wharton was suburb at ) and in turn meant the defence was not under constant pressure. When needed the centre backs did there job as did Henderson. The long out ball down the Spurs left worked well but i don't think this will work the whole season.
I am hoping the Sarr and Lerma injuries are not too serious.
The defensive side of this win though will hold us in good stead for the rest of the season and if Eze starts to make better choices we will win games. Reminded me of Zaha at times trying to do too much when there was a simple pass to a better placed player in more space.

Finally a win! the team looked good! Sarr defo made a difference. Caused them problems, it seemed like the team had some fight in them today perhaps sick of losing? Defo more passion more press, better link up play. Either Tottenham were tired from midweek or we just broke their play up so they couldn’t get going. I hope this wasn’t just a one off and the corner has finally turned.
Even better that my older bro is a Tottenham fan he is now getting some stick 😂 (and bringing out all the excuses)
The commentator on Optus Sport said that Spurs couldn't blame tiredness from midweek as many of the players had been rested for that game.

Back