• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Crystal Palace vs Tottenham match thread

FINALLY we looked like we looked last spring, though without Magic Michael on the right wing.

Effort, energy, and trust returned, even if we needed help from talented but spineless Spurs to see the game out.

Did Sarr-instead-of-Kamada flip the script for us? At last we pressed with conviction, and repeatedly our hustle paid off. And who knows what brought Muñoz back from life support, but he was my favorite player last season and now... he might be again.

Lastly, I don't know why, but for the final 20 minutes I had more faith in this defense than last season's. Maybe I always secretly feared that Andersen would stumble, scuff a header, or be outrun when he was tired, but this year's crew – in today's game at least – gave me confidence.

The long upward climb begins.

Finally a win! the team looked good! Sarr defo made a difference. Caused them problems, it seemed like the team had some fight in them today perhaps sick of losing? Defo more passion more press, better link up play. Either Tottenham were tired from midweek or we just broke their play up so they couldn’t get going. I hope this wasn’t just a one off and the corner has finally turned.
Even better that my older bro is a Tottenham fan he is now getting some stick 😂 (and bringing out all the excuses)

More press, more energy and generally better balance today. If we can get Eze back to scoring the results will come!
Fabulous result today and, as much as I love watching Eze on the ball, he looks like he's desperate to score to the point where he's being a tad selfish. He fluffed a couple of efforts again today, but I'm certain he'll come good soon enough.

The players were up for it and so were the fans. It was a really good performance with a tremendous atmosphere. The formation looked so much better.
I think Glasner has got to eat humble pie and admit Kamada cannot be part of our best first team. The two midfielders must come from Wharton, Hughes, Doucoure and Lerma. And Munoz was so much better because he had an outball with Sarr. And we could press properly with Sarr too. This has to the way forward.

Thought we pressed unbelievably well today by the way, best I've ever seen us do that. The couldn't get the ball away and us repeatedly winning in back in attacking areas really made holding onto the lead less stressful.

Back