• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Wilfried Zaha return

I do feel for him, looks like hes been frozen out of the team and most of the fans have turned on him 🙁
He cant get a transfer because of tax reasons so hes stuck in limbo. Does anyone know how long hes contract is?

I do feel for him, looks like hes been frozen out of the team and most of the fans have turned on him 🙁
He cant get a transfer because of tax reasons so hes stuck in limbo. Does anyone know how long hes contract is?
He bought it on himself by thinking that the grass is greener. It was never going to be in Turkey.

If he wants out, he will have to sacrifice money. If not, he will just have to sit it out.

One other possibility is that Gala' release him from his contract with no conditions to save on wages.
He would have to take a tax hit, but we could pay him more if he was free.

I obviously don't know the numbers.

There‘s Double Taxation agreement in Place between UK/Turkey since 1988 which covers income tax. Don‘t think that he has to pay income tax twice. But I‘m no expert and Wilf should be in a financial position to employ one on that as even I would be.

Galatasaray`s coach is literally mobbing Zaha, thus i assume he was very hopeful to take part of the team this year but this won`t happen. Although i do not follow closely, he seemed to be ok at pre-season but was again at bench at Super Cup final which they lost 0-5 to Besiktas (my hometown team 🙂 ). Zaha was in after 75.th minute and was slammed down by coach by saying `i told him tactical changes but he misunderstood and gave wrong directions`. Given that now Galatasaray is out of CL at play-off after poor performance, there is not much motivation left for him.

In terms of tax issues, for some reason tax for football players in Turkey is 15%. I am not clear why he would be liable of past period (Apr 23 - Apr 24) when he was not UK resident, but if he comes here, he will start paying extra 25% which is a huge sum.

If Wilf really wants to return then, surely, with the millions he's already earned he can afford to take a big tax hit. Furthermore, he has decide what's more important to him
- money or
- playing a final few years of professional football
If the former then he can sit and stew on the bench in Turkey until his contract is up.

Galatasaray`s coach is literally mobbing Zaha, thus i assume he was very hopeful to take part of the team this year but this won`t happen. Although i do not follow closely, he seemed to be ok at pre-season but was again at bench at Super Cup final which they lost 0-5 to Besiktas (my hometown team 🙂 ). Zaha was in after 75.th minute and was slammed down by coach by saying `i told him tactical changes but he misunderstood and gave wrong directions`. Given that now Galatasaray is out of CL at play-off after poor performance, there is not much motivation left for him.

In terms of tax issues, for some reason tax for football players in Turkey is 15%. I am not clear why he would be liable of past period (Apr 23 - Apr 24) when he was not UK resident, but if he comes here, he will start paying extra 25% which is a huge sum.

He owns property etc in UK.

You do not pay UK tax on your foreign income or gains if both the following apply:

• they’re less than £2,000 in the tax year
  • you do not bring them into the UK, for example by transferring them to a UK bank account

Henderson who went to Saudi had issues as well because you cant just leave and come back after a year either people would exploit this all the time.

I don't buy into this whole tax stuff anyway to do with him I expect it's his demands are too high also Gala wanting a fairly high fee.

You do not pay UK tax on your foreign income or gains if both the following apply:

• you do not bring them into the UK, for example by transferring them to a UK bank account

Henderson who went to Saudi had issues as well because you cant just leave and come back after a year either people would exploit this all the time.

I don't buy into this whole tax stuff anyway to do with him I expect it's his demands are too high also Gala wanting a fairly high fee.

Got it, now it ringed the bell that my friend is not keen to sell his property in Turkey to bring money here as he will be liable of the tax made from its profit which is crazy due to house market boom.

Is any-one able to work out how much he owes in tax if he wants to go back to the UK , and if it was a loan move would he not still technically still be employed by Gala and they would still be paying his wages, where there's a will there's a way .

Poor old Wilf having to pay tax on his RIDICULOUS wages. Heaven forbid he’d pay what he must to end his own nightmare. What a joke. If he’s that desperate to comeback pay up and do it.

I’d love him to come back - but bloody hell, talk about wanting to have your cake and eat it!

Poor old Wilf having to pay tax on his RIDICULOUS wages. Heaven forbid he’d pay what he must to end his own nightmare. What a joke. If he’s that desperate to comeback pay up and do it.

I’d love him to come back - but bloody hell, talk about wanting to have your cake and eat it!
I think you are misunderstanding the mindset of the rich.

Take Sterling. Leaving his club and the money due on his contract aside for a moment, he could go to Palace, Brentford, West Ham etc. and earn £80k - £100k a week. He would play regularly, get his footy mojo back and possibly get back into the England set up. It is not as if he needs more money as he must be set not for life but for many lifetimes. Clearly, through our eyes, he would be much happier. It appears not.

You get used to getting paid £X, that is how much he (and his entourage) expects and not a penny less. Even if it means being cold shouldered by your club and fans and living out the rest of his career in wealthy ignominy.

Madness to us. Obvious to him.

I suspect Wilf ditto. Perhaps they should form a support group?

So you'd rather have no winger?
Wilf was brilliant for us on the whole. However, he has lost his pace, is injury prone, would potentially cost a lot in wages and I don’t like the circus / baggage that he brings with him.

I would much rather us sign a younger player for that position and see us turn a profit in 3 years time, as we did with Olise.

I dont think Hendo did have any issues. To get around Tax issues he agreed not to be paid for his first 6 months or something. Which is whey they were ok to just release him (because at that moment they had not paid him a dime).

Which made the argument of 'not moving for money' even harder to win, as not only did he move for money, he deferred his salary to avoid paying the propper tax. All for growing the game eh!

Back