• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

The new government – good accomplishments and bad?

What planet are you on?

The current Labour Party are not very far left at all. No mainstream party can afford to stray too far from the centre. They are centre left, whilst the Tories are indeed centre right.

You can hold as many right leaning views as you wish. That’s not and never will be illegal. Holding opinions are not illegal. Only doing things can be illegal.

The budget will be tough. It needs to be. You cannot hide from the reality that the public finances are in a mess and kicking the problems into the long grass is what the last government did. No doubt in the hope that Labour will catch the blame so that the Tories can take over again in 5 years. Which they will just so long as they stay on the centre ground.
The way they threw over 9 billion at the unions and their protected staff within a couple of seconds of being in power looks quite left to me. Especially with no caveats to get better efficiency but you just carry on in your strange little world where everyone else is wrong !

Nothing to do with class. Just adults behaving ignorantly, like kids in a playground.
Don’t worry about your favourite communist Starmer. He can handle these miscreants. His father was a toolmaker, don’t you know.

The rest of his party might have a problem being accepted in any establishment that isn’t part of a chain 😂😂😂

Who do you think has been doing that?

When Trump is himself a relentless insult conveyor belt anything said in return is usually both deserved and true. In fact it is, to my mind, quite muted as Trump’s behaviour doesn’t need to be countered. It speaks for itself.
Some insults are more acceptable than others.

The way they threw over 9 billion at the unions and their protected staff within a couple of seconds of being in power looks quite left to me. Especially with no caveats to get better efficiency but you just carry on in your strange little world where everyone else is wrong !
I suspect they would argue the opposite, that settling long running disruptions will save the economy money rather than costing it.

It’s not what I would do. I draw red lines and mean them, but accept there are costs involved.

I don’t though see this government as left leaning in any real way and you can see that in the way Starmer was received at the TUC. I suspect there will be many battles ahead with unions trying to leapfrog each other via industrial action and the government playing referee. I am not so sure there is any mood though among the members for anything really substantial or the funds available to sustain it.

Don’t worry about your favourite communist Starmer. He can handle these miscreants. His father was a toolmaker, don’t you know.

The rest of his party might have a problem being accepted in any establishment that isn’t part of a chain 😂😂😂
Sir Keir might have mentioned it. It's a real vote catcher too - John Major's dad making garden gnomes gave him a real boost in the hobbit community.

If Starmer is a communist then Farage is a centralist! Goodness knows what a far right activist would then have to advocate to deserve the description? Though there might be clues in these pages.

It will simply deliver more austerity misery and division. It will blight working-class communities the most and be a gift to the far right, fostering yet more anger and disillusion with the political process.

The new government has to grasp the nettle and, imo, ask those who have profited most from decades of deregulation and privatisation to now pay to rebuild Britain.

The entire (estimated) £1.3bn saved on the fuel allowance this year will barely cover eight weeks’ spending on white elephant HS2 – spending that is set to continue for the next five years.

One could find any more examples.

People are looking at Labour and already wondering if they have made a mistake.

😎
If only someone had told them. 🙄

Back