• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Textor buying Everton? / Bids to buy Palace outright

For someone to buy 45% with 25% voting shares, unless it is one of the three current shareholders must:
1. Be a complete idiot, or
2. Someone with more money than sense, i will go for option 2 😀

have to agree. He has openly said (or SP has) that Textor tried to buy full control at Palace and didn't receive a response. Now he has moved his attentions to Everton.

From a business perspective Everton looks a disaster - loads of debt and a poor team. Same with Chelsea - why buy a business for £2.5bn that loses £100m a year and has done for the last decade.

More money than sense

Apparently not long until we discover who the buyer of the 45% share is. It's down to two buyers. Would be interesting if Textor sold his shares to an interested party who happened to be a mate of Simon Jordan who immediately sold his shares on to Mr Jordan.

Do you really think that Simon Jordan would buy 45% of Palace knowing that he could never outvote Parish?

Apparently not long until we discover who the buyer of the 45% share is. It's down to two buyers. Would be interesting if Textor sold his shares to an interested party who happened to be a mate of Simon Jordan who immediately sold his shares on to Mr Jordan.
Jordan doesn't have even close to that kind of money. Plus he'd only come in anyway if he was going to be calling the shots. Anyone who buys Textor's shares will have the same power as Textor does now. 25%.
Unless of course its Harris and Blitzer. I would imagine their potential purchase of those shares would mean between them they'd have over 80% ownership of Palace. This would almost certainly disolve any previous voting rights and give them almost complete control.

Jordan doesn't have even close to that kind of money. Plus he'd only come in anyway if he was going to be calling the shots. Anyone who buys Textor's shares will have the same power as Textor does now. 25%.
Unless of course its Harris and Blitzer. I would imagine their potential purchase of those shares would mean between them they'd have over 80% ownership of Palace. This would almost certainly disolve any previous voting rights and give them almost complete control.
I bet H&B have already made Textor an offer. Probably not what he wants to hear. I had heard they offered him his money back, but i very much doubt it. A minority stake in a private company has no tangible value due to lack of control. Owning 45% with only 25% control is even worse. Can't believe Textor accepted such a lousy deal. H&B are the smart ones. They are just waiting for Textor to throw in the towel.

I would think that if it ever came to H&B having 80%(ish) & complete control they would probably leave the day to day running of the club to Steve Parish (as it is now) & on any major decisions take his lead on what direction to go - the club is in safe hands with him at the helm if you look at where he has guided it since taking over - of course we can all disagree on specific points but if you take the bigger picture viewpoint it would be difficult to argue against that strategy.

I bet H&B have already made Textor an offer. Probably not what he wants to hear. I had heard they offered him his money back, but i very much doubt it. A minority stake in a private company has no tangible value due to lack of control. Owning 45% with only 25% control is even worse. Can't believe Textor accepted such a lousy deal. H&B are the smart ones. They are just waiting for Textor to throw in the towel.
The rumour was that Harris and Blitzer offered him his money back, which was around 50 mil. But Textor would lose on that so he is looking for more. He reckons there are interested parties. We saw links to John Cena, that almost had to be Textor. Probably Mr MacMahon next, or whatever his name is. With Palace it's always hard to know; we seem to have the most complicated Boardroom/Ownership structure in the world. One guy's got a fiver, a couple have a few billion.

The rumour was that Harris and Blitzer offered him his money back, which was around 50 mil. But Textor would lose on that so he is looking for more. He reckons there are interested parties. We saw links to John Cena, that almost had to be Textor. Probably Mr MacMahon next, or whatever his name is. With Palace it's always hard to know; we seem to have the most complicated Boardroom/Ownership structure in the world. One guy's got a fiver, a couple have a few billion.
John Cena or Vince McMahon part owning Palace? I go away from the forum for a few weeks and come back to this crazy rumour 😆

I'm not sure the former has enough money to part-own a Premier League football club, and he supports Spurs, but crazier things have happened

John Cena or Vince McMahon part owning Palace? I go away from the forum for a few weeks and come back to this crazy rumour 😆

I'm not sure the former has enough money to part-own a Premier League football club, and he supports Spurs, but crazier things have happened
John Cena started following all of the Palace related accounts. Perhaps part of some consortium. No idea really.

John Cena started following all of the Palace related accounts. Perhaps part of some consortium. No idea really.
I don't think his Twitter account is run by him, he often sporadically follows random accounts . There was a time where he followed a load of British wrestling accounts (mine included), but who knows

He wants 'Jay-Z' to join him in buying Everton, according to the 'sun' & that 'Aliya Capital Partners' are joining in as well, they have been involved with Textor ever since he bought Botafogo. Info is on the bbc's Everton page.

Can just see Beyonce drowning her sorrows in Yates's Wine Lodge after her beloved "Taffees" have taken another walloping.

A Robert Franco also now owns 5% of the club.

I think he is a mate/associate of Textor's. Maybe Textor thought combining the two would give him ultimate control. It appears this is not the case.
It will be interesting to see what happens to Mr Franco.

A Robert Franco also now owns 5% of the club.

I think he is a mate/associate of Textor's. Maybe Textor thought combining the two would give him ultimate control. It appears this is not the case.
It will be interesting to see what happens to Mr Franco.
I may be wrong, but didn't he hold 5% before Textor bought in?
If so, he would be down to say 3% by now assuming he diluted along with other shareholders.
So even with Franco, Textor would still be a minority holder.
Of course on a positive note, if H&B wanted to reduce their exposure, they may sell some of their stock, giving someone else the opportunity to take control.

If so, he would be down to say 3% by now assuming he diluted along with other shareholders.
Of course on a positive note, if H&B wanted to reduce their exposure, they may sell some of their stock, giving someone else the opportunity to take control.
Franco did hold 5% before Textor, he was with Textor in a construction company, many years before.

I don't see H & B reducing their exposure. I actually rate them as owners. They've put money in when we've needed it and been happy to leave Parish to run the club. Yes they aren't sugar daddies who will provide hundreds of millions so we can try and get into Europe etc. They're business men who seem to know what they're doing. I expect their stakes in Palace will have grown nicely since they first invested notwithstanding the dilution when Textor came on board.

I'd say Harris and Blitzer taking control would be about the best possible scenario. As others have said, they basically vote in a block with Parish every time anyway so it would effectively be the status quo but with the maths wizard out of the picture.

Perhaps with a larger share they might be tempted to pump some more cash in as well.

I don't see H & B reducing their exposure. I actually rate them as owners. They've put money in when we've needed it and been happy to leave Parish to run the club. Yes they aren't sugar daddies who will provide hundreds of millions so we can try and get into Europe etc. They're business men who seem to know what they're doing. I expect their stakes in Palace will have grown nicely since they first invested notwithstanding the dilution when Textor came on board.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I too am happy with H&B and everything you said. I meant positive note for Textor in his bid to exit. Personally, I believe the best option for Palace right now would be for H&B to buy out Textor at a low price (say £50m) thereby taking full control of the club.
We may realise another £50-100m in player sales over the next couple of years which could keep us in a very strong positive cash position.
With a couple of billionaires strengthening their position at Palace, we would be in a very good place (and so would they).
Time will tell.

Back