• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Textor buying Everton? / Bids to buy Palace outright

I think the confusion over which club he is buying is due to a lag in the news filtering out.

My guess is the obvious one.

1. Textor tried to buy Palace outright a few months ago and was turned down.
2. Because he wants complete control he has then turned his attention to Everton and will sell his Palace shares.
This for me is the issue. I don't blame him at all for wanting out of Palace to get control of another club.

He doesn't like the hf! Had a pop at them on SSN this morning.

"the Palace ultras are the only leftest ultras on the planet" was one quote.

I wonder if he thinks they've got too much influence too.

I think this is good news and an illustration of just how important it is to have a genuine fan (SP) holding such an influential interest in the club. Textor did an interview a few weeks ago where he basically said SP held different aspirations for the club. Good on Parish I say!

Despite all Textors talk of taking Everton to the Title in the future the warning signs are there for Everton fans as he wants to feed players into Everton from his portfolio of other clubs based on what Textor thinks (not sure what credentials he has to decide that - but hey go as a billionaire I guess you get to do what you want).
I think Dyche might find it difficult.

Good I really don’t like Everton as a club.

For someone to buy 45% with 25% voting shares, unless it is one of the three current shareholders must:
1. Be a complete idiot, or
2. Someone with more money than sense, i will go for option 2 😀
I'm pretty sure that Textor thought he could pick up Harris and Blitzers shares given that they were in the mix to buy Chelsea a couple of years ago.

Another twist?
Love the comment on this article.......

"Everyone just hope hes the guy to finish the job and take them down. Loads have tried but never quite nailed the task with other pesky clubs sinking. Toffees are the spotty little needy brother everyone despises. We all pray this is the man."

😂😂😂

Let's hope he f**ks off as soon as possible and takes them down. I wouldn't want him as sole decision maker at our club for a minute. He doesn't actually seem to be all that wealthy in comparison to most football owners so I assume he's just borrowing it all. He's real trouble and let's hope he leaves quickly.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that Textor thought he could pick up Harris and Blitzers shares given that they were in the mix to buy Chelsea a couple of years ago.
I agree, I was actually surprised Harris and Blitzer said no. Especially if Textor indeed offered over and above market value for their shares.

Textor was quoted as follows:
"...somebody comes along and asks you if you want to become the owner of Everton, it's like someone asking you if you want to be President of the United States. Of course you do."

Two thoughts from this U.S. citizen:
1. Comparing Everton to the office of the Presidency is pretty much spot on ...
they are both dumpster fires.
2. Who in their right mind wants to be President of the U.S.?
This reveals a lot about Textor and none of it is good.

Just my opinion!

If you know your going into some form of speaking engagement & your going to use numbers to explain your position then at the very least you should have clear understandable accurate notes on what story those numbers are supposed to demonstrate - as someone else has said, its now a bit clearer how he found himself in the 45 % ownership with 25% voting rights situation.

Apparently not long until we discover who the buyer of the 45% share is. It's down to two buyers. Would be interesting if Textor sold his shares to an interested party who happened to be a mate of Simon Jordan who immediately sold his shares on to Mr Jordan.

It will be interesting to see how this pan's out. I would suggest Textor is not as stupid as some of the posters have suggested given the wealth he must have accumulated to have such large stakes in clubs across the world and be able to consider purchasing Everton.
Since his time been an owner at Palace i would say we are at least in as a good a position but probably a better one than before he got involved. The only negative would be the Franco transfer which seemed less Dougie and more Textor related. Given Franco's lack of game time due to his injury it may in fact still prove to be a good one but i don't think this will be the case.
Anyone have any idea's on potential billionaire bidders who might be interested ? The wealthier individuals sniffing around premier league teams seem to be Arab or American at the moment.
Are we pro still having Parish running the club or should it be down to the new owners to decide ?
The general feedback from afar seems to be we are a well run club so i am in favour of Parish still been involved.

It will be interesting to see how this pan's out. I would suggest Textor is not as stupid as some of the posters have suggested given the wealth he must have accumulated to have such large stakes in clubs across the world and be able to consider purchasing Everton.
Since his time been an owner at Palace i would say we are at least in as a good a position but probably a better one than before he got involved. The only negative would be the Franco transfer which seemed less Dougie and more Textor related. Given Franco's lack of game time due to his injury it may in fact still prove to be a good one but i don't think this will be the case.
Anyone have any idea's on potential billionaire bidders who might be interested ? The wealthier individuals sniffing around premier league teams seem to be Arab or American at the moment.
Are we pro still having Parish running the club or should it be down to the new owners to decide ?
The general feedback from afar seems to be we are a well run club so i am in favour of Parish still been involved.
Textor is not cash rich, he is asset rich, with most of his assets bought with loans secured on other purchases, he has to sell to buy, not including premier league rules, he would have to repay any money on any outstanding loans owed by the purchase of Palace, which i doubt he has paid off, then he would have to borrow against one of his other assets to purchase Everton,

Back