• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Textor buying Everton? / Bids to buy Palace outright

I may be wrong, but didn't he hold 5% before Textor bought in?
If so, he would be down to say 3% by now assuming he diluted along with other shareholders.
So even with Franco, Textor would still be a minority holder.
Of course on a positive note, if H&B wanted to reduce their exposure, they may sell some of their stock, giving someone else the opportunity to take control.
the last details i can find have Palace's ownership split as follows:
Textor 45%, Harris ands Blitzer 18% each, SP 10%, Franco 5% and others 4% (assume this may be original CPFC2010 owners).

However, on Palace's own website they list the above 5 as having a significant interest as per Prem league rules. Prem league define a significant interest as holding 10% either directly or indirectly.

So things are still a bit confusing.

"Friedkin takeover 'really possible'" according to the BBC - Everton FC - Transfer news, results, fixtures, video and audio
Its Feasible that Friedkin could conceivably rekindle his interest in Everton and leapfrog Textor. Moshiri owes him £200m that was provided to keep the club running and help with stadium building costs. All he'd have to do is offer favourable terms on the repayment of that loan or better still write the whole lot off in exchange for preferred buyer status and bang Textor is back out in the cold again.
This from Everton's point of view might be a good thing but Friedkin's record on club ownership is not really much more successful than Textor's

I think I'd prefer Textor to buy into Everton so we can wave him goodbye.

We need a buyer who really loves our club and who wants to see it thrive - not just to see it as a potential cash cow. Textor appears to have lost any interest he may have once had.

I would rather Textor just go.

I have nothing against him but he has no control which he wants and has been public about the other members wont let him have it so lets cut ties with him no point keeping people who don't want to be here.

The real issue is who takes his shares I don't hear names lined up to take them and why would they for the price it would take.

The other members have no interest either they had reduced stake in the club plus the other two main ones was rumored to want out as well when Chelsea was up for grabs.

Our club doesn't offer much we have s**t hole stadium in which for 1 stand will cost 150m+ which is complete waste of money with not really much else can be done in future either

The quoted price for the shares are mad at one stage SP mentioned the price he believed the club was worth which was double what Newcastle sold for so delusional.

If we had a new stadium in the works that would be a whole new appeal but we don't small club mentality.

All the other clubs are doing proper stadium revamps but us. (6-8 years as well for 1 stand is ridiculous)

With our ownership, I never have any idea what to expect.
I have a nagging doubt that Textor could still be something of a spanner in the works for us.
What about he comes up with some crazy bid to buy us? I heard the other owners wouldn't entertain it before but money talks in the end.

Like most others: I'd prefer a clean break and a sugar daddy investor please. But perhaps not that Chelsea guy.

Of course its absolutely possible that Textor could fail in his bid to buy Everton but if he did switching his attentions back to an all out buy out of Palace? Even if he assembles some investors to come in with him? I cant see it. I dont see Parish agreeing to sell unless Textor agrees to continue running the club the way it currently is. That doesn't fit in with Textor's multi club ownership model.
I see Textor going regardless of whether he succeeds in getting Everton or not. Though I have nothing against the bloke, I think he'd be the first to accept its best for everyone involved if he just sells up and moves on. And if he cant find a buyer for his shares? Keep them on the market and take a back seat till a buyer does emerge

Of course its absolutely possible that Textor could fail in his bid to buy Everton but if he did switching his attentions back to an all out buy out of Palace? Even if he assembles some investors to come in with him? I cant see it. I dont see Parish agreeing to sell unless Textor agrees to continue running the club the way it currently is. That doesn't fit in with Textor's multi club ownership model.
I see Textor going regardless of whether he succeeds in getting Everton or not. Though I have nothing against the bloke, I think he'd be the first to accept its best for everyone involved if he just sells up and moves on. And if he cant find a buyer for his shares? Keep them on the market and take a back seat till a buyer does emerge
If he does lose out on the Everton bid I can see him turning his attention back to a Championship club and reducing the amount he wants for his Palace shares. I may be wrong, but I just don't see him as someone who's prepared to bide his time on a wait and see basis. He wants to move on.

With our ownership, I never have any idea what to expect.
I have a nagging doubt that Textor could still be something of a spanner in the works for us.
What about he comes up with some crazy bid to buy us? I heard the other owners wouldn't entertain it before but money talks in the end.

Like most others: I'd prefer a clean break and a sugar daddy investor please. But perhaps not that Chelsea guy.
How about a sugar Mummy - I gather Amanda Staveley & Hubby are looking for a new club to buy

I always thought she was a front for one of the Arab countries but never particularly looked into it. Interesting though - it could easily be us.
Her husband Mehdrad Godoussi (think that's how it's spelt) is a M Eastern financial expert of some sorts and they are reckoned to be worth around £110 million net (valuations may vary 🙂) , so not beyond the realms of possibility

I always thought she was a front for one of the Arab countries but never particularly looked into it. Interesting though - it could easily be us.
I would have thought WH would be fairly high on any "interested party" list - recent passing of a major board member (David Gold) Sullivan is no spring Chicken-North London location + free stadium

Back