• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Textor buying Everton? / Bids to buy Palace outright

I read Textor had lengthy discussions with Everton owner Farhad Moshri assured Evertons fans that he would end all uncertainty over their future and spoke about their new stadium and a bight future ahead.
Now wants to buy Palace outright (I will rephrase that majority control )
SO what has happen to the Everton dream. Firstly Great way to get the fans on your side. Textor has the lowest net worth of all of the Palace owners some 16m USD. I Can only assume that he has a very large secret consortium hiding in the background waiting to show itself if and when these takeovers are complete

How much is Everton FC in debt?
Everton's secured debts (including funds owed to Friedkin) total more than £600 million. A further £150 – 200 million is likely to be required for working capital, completion of the stadium and squad enhancements.7 Jul 2024

Mmmmm I know 2x2=26

Last edited:
I read Textor had lengthy discussions with Everton owner Farhad Moshri assured Evertons fans that he would end all uncertainty over their future and spoke about their new stadium and a bight future ahead.
Now wants to buy Palace outright !!!!!
SO what has happen to the Everton dream. Firstly Great way to get the fans on your side. Textor has the lowest net worth of all of the Palace owners some 16m USD. I Can only assume that he has a very large secret consortium hiding in the background waiting to show itself if and when these takeovers are complete

How much is Everton FC in debt?
Everton's secured debts (including funds owed to Friedkin) total more than £600 million. A further £150 – 200 million is likely to be required for working capital, completion of the stadium and squad enhancements.7 Jul 2024

Mmmmm I know 2x2=26
Where did you read that??

During his time at the club I have often forgotten he exists as the only time he ever seems to surface is when there's some kind of ownership spat, or when it's do with one of his other clubs. Parish's comments on their relationship a couple of weeks ago were hardly warm even if they weren't damning. He has put money into the club but he'll make a profit on his shares, and I doubt anyone has that strong feelings about him either way. He's not a Palace fan, he's a business investor, which is fine, but he shouldn't try and write some 'Welcome to Wrexham' type story as he hasn't earned it. Maybe he'll thrive if he takes over at Everton and good luck to him.

I think the confusion over which club he is buying is due to a lag in the news filtering out.

My guess is the obvious one.

1. Textor tried to buy Palace outright a few months ago and was turned down.
2. Because he wants complete control he has then turned his attention to Everton and will sell his Palace shares.

I think the confusion over which club he is buying is due to a lag in the news filtering out.

My guess is the obvious one.

1. Textor tried to buy Palace outright a few months ago and was turned down.
2. Because he wants complete control he has then turned his attention to Everton and will sell his Palace shares.
Yes, if he finds a buyer, and for me that is a massive IF

Yes, if he finds a buyer, and for me that is a massive IF

I think Harris and Blitzer will buy the shares back but only at a price they want. Textor will have to decide how badly he wants to buy Everton and how long can he keep hawking his shares around.

He also has the problem that Harris and Blitzer can veto any sale they don't like, so they hold all the cards and Textor has a very weak hand.

The BBC article about Textor also stated this:

“On Thursday, French newspaper L'Equipe reported Lyon have put the majority of their squad on the transfer market in an attempt to raise funds before the end of the transfer window.”

Good luck Everton, the sooner he’s away from Selhurst the better.

It does seem quite extraordinary that he was prepared to buy 40% of Palace but only have 25% voting rights along with the other shareholders; on face value that seems somewhat incredulous although it perhaps begs the question of whether he felt he was given private assurances at the time re ultimately taking overall control?
Irrespective, his money did of course lead to the significant re-build a few year back and contributed to the value of players Palace now have. Net net, however, it definitely feels like a parting of the ways is the best solution and he certainly doesn't inspire confidence in his financial abilities given the Lyon scenario, what he would be taking on at Everton and what he bought into at Palace. All very surprising from an American businessman with links to the Du Pont empire.

Did anyone notice the bit in his statement about the away game at Forest? That was a game I was interested in but that has put me off their fans .

I have to say whilst I think everyone is right to be incredibly wary of Textor, conversely however I'm not aware of him really doing anything wrong by Palace, has he?!

To me he seems like the perfect silent partner. He's stumped up money and was happy to take a smaller voice in voting despite owning a disproportionate amount of shares. Lots of people ask "why would you do that?" like it must be some part of a Machiavelli super plan but maybe as a businessman he wants 45 percent of the earnings, dividends and future potential, but perhaps recognises in reality he's not got the skill set, experience or knowledge to make decisions to move his investment forward?

I'd love to own a whole bunch of shares in NVIDIA, but I'd be terrified if they started asking me how to build a microchip or improve their Ai platforms.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be perfectly happy if he decides to walk away but (maybe it's the three years of relative success going to my head) equally of all the pantomime and real villains in Football, not sure he's quite as evil as some make out.

I have to say whilst I think everyone is right to be incredibly wary of Textor, conversely however I'm not aware of him really doing anything wrong by Palace, has he?!

To me he seems like the perfect silent partner. He's stumped up money and was happy to take a smaller voice in voting despite owning a disproportionate amount of shares. Lots of people ask "why would you do that?" like it must be some part of a Machiavelli super plan but maybe as a businessman he wants 45 percent of the earnings, dividends and future potential, but perhaps recognises in reality he's not got the skill set, experience or knowledge to make decisions to move his investment forward?

I'd love to own a whole bunch of shares in NVIDIA, but I'd be terrified if they started asking me how to build a microchip or improve their Ai platforms.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be perfectly happy if he decides to walk away but (maybe it's the three years of relative success going to my head) equally of all the pantomime and real villains in Football, not sure he's quite as evil as some make out.

I've enjoyed a few of your posts recently and this sits atop the lot for me IP4Eagle.

I'm in a similar boat. I feel inclined to malign him but more so from influence than any actual knowledge.

I am quite ignorant here and happily stated it a few times but perhaps I am not too alone in, albeit again quite ignorantly, being very cautious and perhaps scornful of his approach to managing sports teams.

I may be suffering a grand exaggeration of a villainous, heartless, American capitalist figure that's going to decimate our club in my mind which is forever worsened by Chinese whispers, anecdotes, subjective opinions and speculation.

Perhaps my grip on the whole situation does align with reality. Perhaps it does not. In any instance, it doesn't sit too well with me. Perhaps I should educate myself a bit but I struggle to identify trustworthy sources these days!

Apart from getting the share holdings wrong, this is quite an informative article about the whole saga.

It speaks volumes that the other share holders didn’t even respond to an offer from Textor.

I think the only reason he has not had more of an influence over the club, is because the other share holders haven’t allowed him to. They’ve seen right through him and don’t like what they see.

Apart from getting the share holdings wrong, this is quite an informative article about the whole saga.

It speaks volumes that the other share holders didn’t even respond to an offer from Textor.

I think the only reason he has not had more of an influence over the club, is because the other share holders haven’t allowed him to. They’ve seen right through him and don’t like what they see.
Indeed. Harris and Blitzer are no fools. They will back Parish because they know, that as a fan, Parish has the club's best interests at heart. As for Parish, having rescued his beloved Palace from oblivion (which is what we were facing back in 2010) he's not going to let us over reach ourselves and get into a mess again. Yes, it means we progress slowly, even at a snail's pace at times, but we're in our twelfth consecutive PL season. Yes, it would be great to qualify for Europe but I suspect Parish wants us to get there and stay there - not be one hit wonders (Burnley) and disappear.

Indeed. Harris and Blitzer are no fools. They will back Parish because they know, that as a fan, Parish has the club's best interests at heart. As for Parish, having rescued his beloved Palace from oblivion (which is what we were facing back in 2010) he's not going to let us over reach ourselves and get into a mess again. Yes, it means we progress slowly, even at a snail's pace at times, but we're in our twelfth consecutive PL season. Yes, it would be great to qualify for Europe but I suspect Parish wants us to get there and stay there - not be one hit wonders (Burnley) and disappear.

Burnley have been two hit wonders to be fair

Back