• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Sentences too harsh!

the sentences being handed out seem similar the riots in 2011 so i'm not overly concerned.

A judge can't just make up a number - there are guidelines for specific crimes e.g. many of the rioters seem to be getting 2 to 3 years and the maximum sentence for violent disorder is 5 years. So about 1/2 the max. In fact one judge bemoaned that he wasn't able to jail some of the culprits for longer.

All people being charged are being done under existing laws - no new laws have been passed.

the sentences being handed out seem similar the riots in 2011 so i'm not overly concerned.

A judge can't just make up a number - there are guidelines for specific crimes e.g. many of the rioters seem to be getting 2 to 3 years and the maximum sentence for violent disorder is 5 years. So about 1/2 the max. In fact one judge bemoaned that he wasn't able to jail some of the culprits for longer.

All people being charged are being done under existing laws - no new laws have been passed.
I don't know but would assume that the online laws have changed since 2011 when there was virtually no social media

We will see how long the councillor gets for calling for throats to be cut after others have been sentenced to jail for social media posts. I refer back to judges who’ve sentenced rioters and social media posters for years after letting nonces walk free, and rapists get off lightly with very short sentences. This is what a lot of people are unhappy about. Make it make sense, as well as fair, and safe for the public from sex criminals.

The trajectory of the new Govt in terms of hypocrisy and misleading is a bit ahead of where I thought it would be.

Everything will be blamed on the previous Govt much as Cameron did at the start of the Conservative era.

The winter fuel allowance is simpoly giving two fingers to prensioners who Labour think are more likely to vote Conservative

Lots of people watching for the Ricky Jones verdict.
Let's see how the non-political judiciary play this .

A councillor suspended by Labour has been arrested over a speech calling for the throats of ‘fascists’ to be cut.
Dartford councillor Ricky Jones has been suspended by the party over a video which shows him in the middle of a cheering crowd at a protest in Walthamstow, east London, organised to stop the far-right from targeting asylum centres and the offices of lawyers helping asylum seekers.
In the speech on Wednesday evening, he said: “We need to cut all their throats and get rid of them.”

You seem to be implying that people were getting jail sentences for tweets and I'm pretty sure that didn't happen back in 2011 so forgive me if I find your post somewhat lacking.

The trajectory of the new Govt in terms of hypocrisy and misleading is a bit ahead of where I thought it would be.

Everything will be blamed on the previous Govt much as Cameron did at the start of the Conservative era.

The winter fuel allowance is simpoly giving two fingers to prensioners who Labour think are more likely to vote Conservative
I am a pensioner who votes Tory and believes that removing the winter fuel allowance as a blanket payment and ensuring only those who really get it do so, is correct.

I will lose it! Last year I think I got £200 which was seen by me as a bonus.

So you are wrong.

Excellent - a glimmer of sanity at last.
Sanity and the Daily Mail? Not usual partners.

This lady wasn’t arrested for “silently praying” at all. No one gets arrested for thoughts and the suggestions that they are, both here, by the Mail and various politicians are just bs.

She was arrested not because of what she did, but where she did it. If the police believed that she was breaking an exclusion order then they had a duty to act.

That clever lawyers employed by American anti abortionists have found a loophole in the law which has gained them a temporary victory, and a lot of publicity, is unfortunate because it means time will have to be found to close the loophole.

That she deliberately broke what the law was intended to accomplish is beyond doubt. It cannot be allowed to rest there.

You seem to be implying that people were getting jail sentences for tweets and I'm pretty sure that didn't happen back in 2011 so forgive me if I find your post somewhat lacking.
The general sentence lengths were similar in 2011 except for sentence length inflation as continued since the 60's. Firstly the use of twitter is 3x 2011. Tweets are now augmented by multiple other social media platforms...

So your post might be lacking also.

Sanity and the Daily Mail? Not usual partners.

This lady wasn’t arrested for “silently praying” at all. No one gets arrested for thoughts and the suggestions that they are, both here, by the Mail and various politicians are just bs.

She was arrested not because of what she did, but where she did it. If the police believed that she was breaking an exclusion order then they had a duty to act.

That clever lawyers employed by American anti abortionists have found a loophole in the law which has gained them a temporary victory, and a lot of publicity, is unfortunate because it means time will have to be found to close the loophole.

That she deliberately broke what the law was intended to accomplish is beyond doubt. It cannot be allowed to rest there.
All laws have loop holes. One may be of the belief that you may have found one in the recent past ! Many of these people being jailed couldn’t afford a high end one and may not be inside now if they had. Alternatively an under the counter warning from 2TK about being cancelled may have put some off of offering their service to the affluent prisoners.

All laws have loop holes. One may be of the belief that you may have found one in the recent past ! Many of these people being jailed couldn’t afford a high end one and may not be inside now if they had. Alternatively an under the counter warning from 2TK about being cancelled may have put some off of offering their service to the affluent prisoners.
Or maybe representing a bunch of violent racist thugs just isn’t worth having on the CV.

Or maybe representing a bunch of violent racist thugs just isn’t worth having on the CV.
Which is totally subjective on your part.
Next you will be saying that they shouldn't have representation.

Who is the fascist here? You seem to be doing a good impersonation of someone who supports totalitarianism.

The general sentence lengths were similar in 2011 except for sentence length inflation as continued since the 60's. Firstly the use of twitter is 3x 2011. Tweets are now augmented by multiple other social media platforms...

So your post might be lacking also.
Sentence inflation isn't economic inflation it's a choice.

The amount of tweets does not dictate the severity of reaction to them.

So you have just compounded the lack of substance in your original commentary.

I will have to report this thread. Not just to the Moderators, but also to the police, because there seems to be a bit of a mob gathering here, that didn't seek prior permission to congregate from The Authorities.

Someone seems likely to say something offensive, and they might even be thinking about it right now.
So before any Authority action, I first need to publish all contributors names and addresses in the mainstream media 👍

Time for me to stand with my fellow supporters - Forest, do you have my address?

Just to reassure posters, I have no access to names and addresses. Unless you are a fit single female, and would like to pm me ? 😀 no time-wasters, and no men.

And we await really the Ricky Jones sentence. Anything less than a 12 month custodial will be a key indicator.

I'm already thinking of the Judges summing up comments on how he swerved a custodial. Pillar of the Community, previous good character, work place stress, heat of the moment. Ricky Jones should be banged up, no question.

Apparently today is the first day of the early release scheme, so I expect the prisons will be emptied of thugs to make way for the rioters.

There have been several stabbings in recent days, some of them fatal. None of which the police have released any information on the perpetrators. The only bit of information was that the Galway chaplain stabbed said something about Irish forces in Mali, and that was obviously in Ireland and one Irish online newspaper. We now have a silence on the media and a silence of the people.

Attachments

• IMG_0174.webp
    IMG_0174.webp
    63.8 KB · Views: 1
Back