• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Sentences too harsh!

Not true - the last analysis i've seen said over 70% of those convicted have previous criminal records.
Lets's be honest. They made examples of people who were easy meat.

They are stamping down hard on an uprising by the people they hate the most. The White working class.

He wasn’t the one spreading racist misinformation to whip up the rioters in the first place. The people pushing the agenda were clearly intent on creating the environment for racist and Islamophobic violence to occur. I don’t think they were particularly concerned with the numbers of gullible idiots who got caught up in the excitement of it all and shoved to the front and are now paying the price for their stupidity.
I think it’s reasonable for Starmer to assert, when asked, that the motives behind the people posting misinformation on social media were racist.
These were racist mobs, unfortunately some people who might have been along for the buzz got caught up in it and many of those appear to be thoroughly ashamed of themselves and I do have some sympathy with them, particularly as the likes of Fauxrage and co will get away with it, hell, he might even get a pay rise from Gbeebies.
You seem to think that all of the people at the protests which included some or a lot of violent disorder were racist and instructed to do so without any ability to think for themselves. This has unfortunately been brewing for quite a long time. Decades. There’s a long list of terrorist killings and sex crimes against women and children without any reaction. The whole country is aware of it and many form opinions that you won’t be satisfied with. I suppose it’s the fault of the same people that there’s a rise in far right politics in Europe, where it actually exists, rather than a made up myth by Starmer and the BBC with ‘’Far right groups being bussed around the country and people boarding trains like football hooligans.’’ These were nearly all local people from surrounding areas who will unfortunately be ignored again, either because the protest has been lost due to the disorder, or because that’s the government narrative that stays on course as immigration accelerates every year.

You seem to be implying that people were getting jail sentences for tweets and I'm pretty sure that didn't happen back in 2011 so forgive me if I find your post somewhat lacking.

Of course online laws have been added to/tightened up in the last 13 years as online use has increased massively during this period. There was a case a few years ago where a bloke got charged for saying he wished a bomb would be planted at an airport after his flight got cancelled.

However, the majority of people being convicted are being done for violent disorder (and not rioting BTW). This carries a 5 year max term.

How many have been jailed for tweeting? Less than 5% of all convictions?

Also racial and religious hate has been a crime for years now - whether you say it or tweet it.

Do some basic research

Not true - the last analysis i've seen said over 70% of those convicted have previous criminal records.
30% can still be a lot. Depends on numbers. And anyway, does someone on a first crime deserve to be sentenced in the same way as a previous/repeat offender? It makes even less sense when the judge sentences a first offender for 2-3 years when in the past he’s let those guilty of child sex videos walk free, and rapists off with short sentences.

It’s all to make examples of people when you compare it enough.

Riots with a nasty whiff of racism, or are you trying to separate the rioting from the racism for some reason? Weird.
What's weird? Are all riots instigated by racists and if not do you have the same opinion on sentencing for those taking part? Does the presence of what you regard as racists make a riot worse than one without any?

You seem to think that all of the people at the protests which included some or a lot of violent disorder were racist and instructed to do so without any ability to think for themselves. This has unfortunately been brewing for quite a long time. Decades. There’s a long list of terrorist killings and sex crimes against women and children without any reaction. The whole country is aware of it and many form opinions that you won’t be satisfied with. I suppose it’s the fault of the same people that there’s a rise in far right politics in Europe, where it actually exists, rather than a made up myth by Starmer and the BBC with ‘’Far right groups being bussed around the country and people boarding trains like football hooligans.’’ These were nearly all local people from surrounding areas who will unfortunately be ignored again, either because the protest has been lost due to the disorder, or because that’s the government narrative that stays on course as immigration accelerates every year.
There’s always been a fetid underground of fascist sympathisers in western countries, maybe it’s the uniforms they have a fetish for?
At the moment they’re feeling a bit emboldened, times are hard for a lot of working people for a variety of reasons recently and for the pushing of neoliberal economic policies in the long term (thanks Ronny, Maggie et al…). Social media has allowed them to spread their divisive poison quite effectively and these riots were one of the outcomes. Fortunately, in the cold light of day, the majority of working class people see how they’ve been played by these politicians and agitators. The working class left always has the numbers, that’s why the rich elite spend so much time and effort trying to divide us and they have a lot of tools at their disposal.
Something as simple as prosecuting carers for a tiny mistake in claiming benefits for looking after elderly and severely disabled relatives is part of the attack and sucks so much energy from working class communities.
They try to blame other groups of vulnerable people, but it’s smoke and mirrors and doesn’t stand up to much scrutiny, but they have a whole range of distractions now and it’s difficult to fight multiple causes. Divide and conquer.
But we still know we have the numbers and the truth is out there somewhere and Trump making a total arse of himself is very helpful. Has Fauxrage been to Clacton since the election? I’d be amazed if he could find it again.
Here endeth the lesson.

Riots with a nasty whiff of racism, or are you trying to separate the rioting from the racism for some reason? Weird.
The violence, some of which was racist, was a small proportion of the population unhappy with the acceleration of immigration and want it reduced. This is what you’ll continue to ignore or deny no doubt. The same with the rise of far right politics in Europe. Something you’ll again want removed and banned. Do you notice what you and the far left are trying to do here? Ignore and ban opinions they don’t like, then moan about a rise in extreme politics because its attempts to silence.

There was a ‘Unite the kingdom’ march in central London 2 days before Southport. Again, it was labelled as ‘far right’ and ‘completely white’, when in actual fact there were many ethnic minorities in attendance, giving their opinions on camera and social media, yet not a mention of that. Nope, just white working class racists. Hmmm. Yet when surveyed there’s a significant percentage of people who want to see immigration reduced. Significantly more than the number being claimed are far right.

There’s always been a fetid underground of fascist sympathisers in western countries, maybe it’s the uniforms they have a fetish for?
At the moment they’re feeling a bit emboldened, times are hard for a lot of working people for a variety of reasons recently and for the pushing of neoliberal economic policies in the long term (thanks Ronny, Maggie et al…). Social media has allowed them to spread their divisive poison quite effectively and these riots were one of the outcomes. Fortunately, in the cold light of day, the majority of working class people see how they’ve been played by these politicians and agitators. The working class left always has the numbers, that’s why the rich elite spend so much time and effort trying to divide us and they have a lot of tools at their disposal.
Something as simple as prosecuting carers for a tiny mistake in claiming benefits for looking after elderly and severely disabled relatives is part of the attack and sucks so much energy from working class communities.
They try to blame other groups of vulnerable people, but it’s smoke and mirrors and doesn’t stand up to much scrutiny, but they have a whole range of distractions now and it’s difficult to fight multiple causes. Divide and conquer.
But we still know we have the numbers and the truth is out there somewhere and Trump making a total arse of himself is very helpful. Has Fauxrage been to Clacton since the election? I’d be amazed if he could find it again.
Here endeth the lesson.
You’ve again just completely ignored any issue people have relating to immigration and just put it down to a European fetish for Nazi uniforms and a load of other waffle because people need someone else to blame and someone to tell them who. You’ll just do it again and again won’t you?

Here endeth the lesson.
There seems to be certain people on the far left who are obsessed with 'Nazis'.
Their very reason for being seems to be fighting 'fascists'.
It is an odd Quixotic quest, born from warped idealism and a need to virtue signal. It seems to imply an inferiority complex which leads to a desperate desire to associate with something more worthy than themselves.

Tilting at windmills while Western society crumbles.

Tell me. What is your agenda?

Last edited:

Rachel Reeves previously said riots could sweep streets of Britain if immigration is not curbed after Brexit.

‘We’re too frightened to talk about immigration,’ warns top Labour Party veteran, Dame Margaret Hodge.

That’s because of their voting base.

They now know that according to a yougov poll, immigration is the top topic of concern. We’ll see what happens, but I won’t hold my breath. They’ve won power, their only true goal. But they’ve managed to upset their traditional voting base to such a level that Starmer’s approval rating has been demolished. No worse than Sunak’s was, but far from the majority result at the election. But then again it was the worst turn out you could imagine so not many actually voted for him in the first place.

An honest assessment by Christy as usual.

It is easy to try and ignore what is happening in Britain and just get on with one's life. We all do that to a greater or lesser degree.
I was at Botany Bay beach in Kent yesterday for an hour or so. I haven't really been there properly before.
I would estimate that of the people on the beach, 70% were Asian, mostly Muslim and of the others, maybe 10% were not European. Of the remainder, I cannot say how many were British.
I had a similar experience at Durdle Door last year. It was a very odd feeling to be on a British beach, some way from the urban sprawl, and feel like a minority.

Does Keir Starmer really think that we all 'racists' for feeling uncomfortable in our own country?

No. He just wants his agenda to roll on without complaint. He wants to frighten us all into submission.

Abstract comment by the BBC, but, humour aside, carrying wood in your vehicle is a chargeable offence ?

"Jake Turton, 38, of Darfield, Barnsley, is accused of driving his vehicle to the Holiday Inn Express, in Manvers, carrying wood in the back of his vehicle"

Of course online laws have been added to/tightened up in the last 13 years as online use has increased massively during this period. There was a case a few years ago where a bloke got charged for saying he wished a bomb would be planted at an airport after his flight got cancelled.

However, the majority of people being convicted are being done for violent disorder (and not rioting BTW). This carries a 5 year max term.

How many have been jailed for tweeting? Less than 5% of all convictions?

Also racial and religious hate has been a crime for years now - whether you say it or tweet it.

Do some basic research
You suggest that I wasn't aware of what started with Blair's laws of restricting speech (laws that have only been around for twenty years). Of course I'm aware of them. These laws were controversial at the time as is the 'Online Safety' bill which is still being worked on and is yet another embarrassment to liberty in this country. I didn't agree with these laws then as I don't do now.

So my reaction to these laws being used to justify the incarceration....of what are in some instances quite vulnerable people....is quite caustic.

Your acceptance that online speech can be accepted as criminal, to the extent that it clearly has been....justifying imprisoning of years, in some cases......isn't regarded well or agreed with by a large amount of people. We only have to look at the policing and justice system to understand that it has become out of touch and seemingly political.

So you are communicating with people who disagree with laws....that you clearly are content with. Indeed, many grass roots conservatives and Reform voters would be of this same mind. You however appear surprised to come across these criticisms.

Last edited:
No update on Ricky Jones case, in which charges were brought on 9th August. Already looking two-tier, because this case obviously isn't being fast-tracked.
There will be something to support a mitigation , years of suffering institutional racism or similar. Based on current sentencing he should get ten years.

Under the Act , life is an option

You’ve again just completely ignored any issue people have relating to immigration and just put it down to a European fetish for Nazi uniforms and a load of other waffle because people need someone else to blame and someone to tell them who. You’ll just do it again and again won’t you?
You do know that immigration is not the same as asylum seeking, don’t you? Funny how right wing agitators like to conflate the two when it suits them.
There absolutely should be a way for people born in the country to have a pathway from school/university into the career they want. It’s also true that there are a number of jobs that are essential but not well paid enough to secure those workers a decent standard of living. Some of this is as result of successive governments weakening employment laws. We’ve been in a drive to the bottom for decades because rich people are never rich enough. It’s a problem but it’s not caused by immigration, but it’s a useful distraction from the real culprits.
What’s your solution?

There seems to be certain people on the far left who are obsessed with 'Nazis'.
Their very reason for being seems to be fighting 'fascists'.
It is an odd Quixotic quest, born from warped idealism and a need to virtue signal. It seems to imply an inferiority complex which leads to a desperate desire to associate with something more worthy than themselves.

Tilting a windmills while Western society crumbles.

Tell me. What is your agenda?
I don't always agree with Jordan Peterson but he sums up this kind of far lefty quite well.

Back