• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Sentences too harsh!

I'll go with the performers to know more what the intent was than an administrator. In any case the point remains that mocking one religion, whether deliberately or not, is more acceptable than doing the same to another.
The overall director controls the overall intended message. Which wasn’t intended to offend.

Mocking any religion, or anything else that is based on self righteousness, is though fine by me.

Not though by the self-righteous! Some of who react more strongly than others, but any reaction deserves more mockery, in my opinion.

I want us to become a secular society in which religion can exist but alongside other beliefs, without any state involvement at all.

The overall director controls the overall intended message. Which wasn’t intended to offend.

Mocking any religion, or anything else that is based on self righteousness, is though fine by me.

Not though by the self-righteous! Some of who react more strongly than others, but any reaction deserves more mockery, in my opinion.

I want us to become a secular society in which religion can exist but alongside other beliefs, without any state involvement at all.
His intention is.one thing but if the performers intended something different, as has been admitted, his intention doesn't matter. The point is that those performers felt safe enough to not only do what they did but to admit it afterwards.

Where is your evidence for these assertions?

Any police officer acting in the way you suggest would risk their career, everything being recorded on camera phones these days, often on several from different angles. A bit of clever editing and you could make Attila the Hun look like Bo Peep. So the police must have their own evidence via their bodycams.
I watched it live with both eyes, unlike your one eye. Put helmets on and start aggravating a crowd, guess what, you get a reaction. And there were people getting arrested for standing somewhere. The 73 year old woman in the press and journalist Martin Daubney in a suit being 2 that stick in the memory. There was also an aid an humanitarian worker randomly arrested in the crowd they kettled where they arrested 90% of them, gave them a section whatever and banned them from central London. And you say anyone is allowed to protest. You may as well be a civil servant.

what are the thoughts of Eagles on this case. Is she just a mad old Doris ? or a sinister criminal mastermind ?

I think the sentence is too long, bearing in mind the post was to a group of 5,000. Plus she’s a carer. She could’ve been given community service.

It’s interesting that a number of these judges on previous trials have let people walk free from court after holding images and videos of child sex abuse. Also people have been given very short sentences by these judges, but it seems being made an example of is more important than the severity of the crime and the danger to society.

I wonder how many mosques were actually blown-up, or even had people stockpiling petrol ? In her head she might think of herself as an influencer, but in practical terms, this was just some mad bint typing shite.
It's not like she was in a position of authority, like a Councillor, and openly telling people to cut off their neighbours head.

A week or two should have been enough to send a short sharp message to this mad (not so much of the old at 53 please!) bint. Would also have been enough to deter others in this social media mad world.
Oh nearly forgot the statutory rehabilitation course.

I watched it live with both eyes, unlike your one eye. Put helmets on and start aggravating a crowd, guess what, you get a reaction. And there were people getting arrested for standing somewhere. The 73 year old woman in the press and journalist Martin Daubney in a suit being 2 that stick in the memory. There was also an aid an humanitarian worker randomly arrested in the crowd they kettled where they arrested 90% of them, gave them a section whatever and banned them from central London. And you say anyone is allowed to protest. You may as well be a civil servant.
So you were there yourself? In what capacity?

No one observer ever knows all that’s being said or done. Or why the police decide to respond in a particular way. People don’t get arrested for nothing. If a dangerous situation exists that requires an immediate solution then blanket removal could well be the commander’s decision. Clear the area and sort out the detail when order has been restored. Restoring the peace is the primary objective. Not sifting through video evidence to filter out those not actively involved.

I think the sentence is too long, bearing in mind the post was to a group of 5,000. Plus she’s a carer. She could’ve been given community service.

It’s interesting that a number of these judges on previous trials have let people walk free from court after holding images and videos of child sex abuse. Also people have been given very short sentences by these judges, but it seems being made an example of is more important than the severity of the crime and the danger to society.
She would be likely, with a decent representative arguing for her, to get her sentence reduced on appeal. She won’t serve most of it anyway and no prison, stretched for space, will want her there a day longer than necessary so will try to find another way. A home detention curfew seems very likely to me.

How any Judge determines any case, including child sex, is impossible to know. Only they have all the evidence and know the circumstances.

So you were there yourself? In what capacity?

No one observer ever knows all that’s being said or done. Or why the police decide to respond in a particular way. People don’t get arrested for nothing. If a dangerous situation exists that requires an immediate solution then blanket removal could well be the commander’s decision. Clear the area and sort out the detail when order has been restored. Restoring the peace is the primary objective. Not sifting through video evidence to filter out those not actively involved.
Like the Roma people at Harehills or the Pakistani Muslims outside the police station before the murders?

She would be likely, with a decent representative arguing for her, to get her sentence reduced on appeal. She won’t serve most of it anyway and no prison, stretched for space, will want her there a day longer than necessary so will try to find another way. A home detention curfew seems very likely to me.

How any Judge determines any case, including child sex, is impossible to know. Only they have all the evidence and know the circumstances.
There’s loads of nonces who’ve been let off and loads of rapists given short sentences. I’m beginning to think more and more that you’re a civil servant of some sort.

what are the thoughts of Eagles on this case. Is she just a mad old Doris ? or a sinister criminal mastermind ?

It does seem harsh but this is from a solicitor's site and includes online activity -
For the more serious offence of harassment with fear of violence, the maximum sentence is 10 years’ imprisonment, or 14 years’ imprisonment if there was also racial or religious aggravation motivating the behaviour.

I wonder how many mosques were actually blown-up, or even had people stockpiling petrol ? In her head she might think of herself as an influencer, but in practical terms, this was just some mad bint typing shite.
It's not like she was in a position of authority, like a Councillor, and openly telling people to cut off their neighbours head.
There has been actual damage caused to mosques, alongside the rioting outside them and the online hatred and encouragement. So far as I am aware no petrol bombs have been thrown in response.

The Councillor made a stupid OTT remark when wound up and will no doubt be duly punished for it. I don’t suppose though anyone took it seriously but treated it as the rhetoric it was.

She is obviously at the centre of a world wide web of far-right stormtroopers, hell bent on invading Poland, exterminating all Jews and making the trains run on time.

There’s loads of nonces who’ve been let off and loads of rapists given short sentences. I’m beginning to think more and more that you’re a civil servant of some sort.
Nope. I am an 80 year old retiree who spent almost his entire business life in the food and drink industry and then ran a couple of businesses of my own. Never once a civil servant.

That others feel capable of determining the appropriate sentences for any offence, just because of something they have read in a newspaper, is nothing new. It’s been the subject of bar room banter all my life. Judges are rather more objective.

15 months is outrageous for typing 5hlt. Haven't they ever looked on HOL ?,....or the BBS. 😀
Once again. This is not about fairness or reason. It's about making examples and clamping down hard on rebellion.
They are trying to frighten the public into submission.

To be honest, going out and involving yourself in violent disorder or appearing to encourage it is pretty dumb. Even being near it is going to put you in the firing range.
The government are terrified of an all out rebellion on the streets. They know they couldn't stop it without the army shooting civilians. From their point of view, coming down hard early with heavy sentences and propaganda is the best policy.

Once again. This is not about fairness or reason. It's about making examples and clamping down hard on rebellion.
They are trying to frighten the public into submission.

To be honest, going out and involving yourself in violent disorder or appearing to encourage it is pretty dumb. Even being near it is going to put you in the firing range.
The government are terrified of an all out rebellion on the streets. They know they couldn't stop it without the army shooting civilians. From their point of view, coming down hard early with heavy sentences and propaganda is the best policy.

Correct. And this posting above has nailed it.

But surely its a similar crime if a Doris says 'blow up the mosque' to a Holy Book saying 'cut his head off' ?

Except that the former could be done by JCB's to knock down a small mosque to make way for a giant super-mosque. We have often seen explosives used to demolish antiquated tower-blocks. Its only a building , after all. Will we jail the local council Planning Department when they say 'blow up the mosque' ? Its not like saying 'blow up a morning London train full of commuters' ?

And the latter is a unequivocal incitement to murder.

So will we jail shopkeepers who sell that Holy Book ? or anybody who reads or quotes the book publicly ?

Defenders of the book always say things like 'dont take the violence literally, it must be understood in the context of Seventh Century Arabia'. However, today in our society, people really ARE cutting off heads ( and other attempted knife murders). And attempting to do so, as we saw with a military Chaplain last week in Galway.

Last edited:
Back