• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Sentences too harsh!

i wonder what happens if you publicly diss a gentle religion ? A religion unlikely to murder Cartoon-publishers in, say, Paris.

is the same protection afforded to these other religions ? especially smaller and more fringe groups. Zoroastrians, Seventh Day Adventists, Druids, Japanese Shinto, even Rastafarians ?

i wonder what happens if you publicly diss a gentle religion ? A religion unlikely to murder Cartoon-publishers in, say, Paris.

is the same protection afforded to these other religions ? especially smaller and more fringe groups. Zoroastrians, Seventh Day Adventists, Druids, Japanese Shinto, even Rastafarians ?
The answer to your first question is, "you will be arrested, assuming the police can identify you and find you".

The answer to your second series of questions is, "no".

We saw what happened in the Olympics opening ceremony. Nothing except denial of the intent even when the ",performers" confirmed what they meant.

I will say again. This is not about even handedness or fairness. Forget those notions.

This is about control.

Our puppet governments are determined to enforce mass immigration on the people and manage the fallout with Draconian measures.

Violent disorder will not be the answer. Only a sea change within the current political class will alter the trajectory.

I will say again. This is not about even handedness or fairness. Forget those notions.

This is about control.

Our puppet governments are determined to enforce mass immigration on the people and manage the fallout with Draconian measures.

Violent disorder will not be the answer. Only a sea change within the current political class will alter the trajectory.
For me. Hrolf is bang on the money. Erosion of liberties in order to 'protect'. The control will be absolute, if we let it,,...

Meanwhile another pledge to tackle extremism

"Extreme misogyny will be treated as a form of extremism under new government plans, the Home Office has said.

Yvette Cooper, the home secretary, has ordered a review of the UK's counter-extremism strategy to determine how best to tackle threats posed by harmful ideologies." (BBC website)

No doubt this will entail banning the Burkha and those demeaning black robes 😀 👍

So that old Nigel got a serious long prison sentence for chanting "who the f..ck is A..h"...... If somebody went to a Brixton Reggae concert and asked the same question about 'Jah' , would they also go to jail, or more likely be ignored ? and/or laughed at ?

or scoffed at the blokes in the link below.....

"Extreme misogyny will be treated as a form of extremism under new government plans, the Home Office has said.

Yvette Cooper, the home secretary, has ordered a review of the UK's counter-extremism strategy to determine how best to tackle threats posed by harmful ideologies." (BBC website)

No doubt this will entail banning the Burkha and those demeaning black robes 😀 👍
I would be completely in favour of clamping down on 'harmful ideologies' if I thought that this wasn't just a euphemism for clamping down on free speech for specific opinions.

I strongly suspect that the Home Secretary's idea of what a harmful ideology is won't align with the vast majority.
Recent evidence suggest that complaining about increased immigration, pride in the national flag, thinking that a woman has to have a womb and not liking the Labour Party will soon be on the list.

It might be hard to get guns but those that want them can get them.
Knife arches are more a reassurance to let people know something is being done rather than to actively catch miscreants although that's obviously a bonus.
They've been in some schools for years.
I realise that those who really want them can get them, but at least you cannot just pop into Walmart and take one home with a minimum of fuss. If you have seen the way they are on display there, behind a counter for sure but still offered as casually as a loaf of bread, you must have been appalled.

Anything that reduces the numbers, either through direct removal, or via deterrence, must be a good thing.

I realise that those who really want them can get them, but at least you cannot just pop into Walmart and take one home with a minimum of fuss. If you have seen the way they are on display there, behind a counter for sure but still offered as casually as a loaf of bread, you must have been appalled.

Anything that reduces the numbers, either through direct removal, or via deterrence, must be a good thing.
Of course. Americans' attitude towards guns is so different to ours. You'd think any country that size with more guns than people would see a problem. Some do but not the majority.

I would be completely in favour of clamping down on 'harmful ideologies' if I thought that this wasn't just a euphemism for clamping down on free speech for specific opinions.

I strongly suspect that the Home Secretary's idea of what a harmful ideology is won't align with the vast majority.
Recent evidence suggest that complaining about increased immigration, pride in the national flag, thinking that a woman has to have a womb and not liking the Labour Party will soon be on the list.
I strongly suspect that your idea of what a harmful ideology is, in the context of this debate, doesn't align with the majority.

Right wing ideology, of the type that lies behind the recent rioting, is very harmful.

That said no one need fear that peaceful protest, coming from a right wing perspective, will “go on a list”! Only using violence in pursuit of objectives gets attention.

Protest away about immigration. Wrap yourself up in the St George’s flag, if you must. Even if it offends me to see it appropriated by hard right yobs.

misogyny definition: hatred or prejudice against women, typically exhibited by men. It is generally accepted that misogyny is a consequence of patriarchy (male-dominated society)

I therefore look forward to the banning of women from attending prayer sessions in mosques becoming a criminal offence.

This is about control.

Correct. And i would add that Elections are also looking very dodgy. For dozens of difference reasons.

Be it the NZ media Grooming of Jacinta Ardern for power. Making her every kid's favourite tv personality. Or Ireland's bussing of asylum seekers to voting stations and ensuring a high electoral participation from some fellas only living in the State for 5 minutes. Or the savage treatment the Media give to unapproved opposition politicians.
Or TV celebrities, effectively government insiders, standing for election for established parties. Muscling that celebrity household-name into votes.

Or the French conspiracy to keep the Right out of Power by hook or by crook. Or Parliaments that simply ignore the electoral Mandate of the people.

There is something very fishy going on with World Politics.

I strongly suspect that your idea of what a harmful ideology is, in the context of this debate, doesn't align with the majority.

Right wing ideology, of the type that lies behind the recent rioting, is very harmful.

That said no one need fear that peaceful protest, coming from a right wing perspective, will “go on a list”! Only using violence in pursuit of objectives gets attention.

Protest away about immigration. Wrap yourself up in the St George’s flag, if you must. Even if it offends me to see it appropriated by hard right yobs.
The protest at Whitehall following the Southport murders involved many arrests of people peacefully standing around. This included several old people and a journalist. They then kettled in a large number of people and gradually picked them out at random for arrest, with details taken under section whatever, including a short term ban from central London, so please don’t claim that peaceful protesting over something the authorities disagree with is allowed without a clampdown, because it’s frankly blinkered and ridiculous.

We saw what happened in the Olympics opening ceremony. Nothing except denial of the intent even when the ",performers" confirmed what they meant.
They did, but the overall artistic director denied it. So who is right? Was he conned into including something unintentionally? No one would ever deliberately seek to offend at such an event. It makes no sense that they would. Gently pointing out hypocrisy is another matter:-

They did, but the overall artistic director denied it. So who is right? Was he conned into including something unintentionally? No one would ever deliberately seek to offend at such an event. It makes no sense that they would. Gently pointing out hypocrisy is another matter:-

I'll go with the performers to know more what the intent was than an administrator. In any case the point remains that mocking one religion, whether deliberately or not, is more acceptable than doing the same to another.

The protest at Whitehall following the Southport murders involved many arrests of people peacefully standing around. This included several old people and a journalist. They then kettled in a large number of people and gradually picked them out at random for arrest, with details taken under section whatever, including a short term ban from central London, so please don’t claim that peaceful protesting over something the authorities disagree with is allowed without a clampdown, because it’s frankly blinkered and ridiculous.
Where is your evidence for these assertions?

Any police officer acting in the way you suggest would risk their career, everything being recorded on camera phones these days, often on several from different angles. A bit of clever editing and you could make Attila the Hun look like Bo Peep. So the police must have their own evidence via their bodycams.

Back