• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Sentences too harsh!

If that’s all she did and clearly states it in court then I doubt she would be convicted. That the CPS are taking it to court means there must be more to it.

Makes a good story though for those who want to suggest those responsible for the disorder are actually being victimised.
What like the CPS never get it wrong. There are multiple examples if you search.

To burn down hotels, attack police and anyone who looks like a different race?

Yes! Let's keep those civil liberties, for everyone's sake. This country is going to the dogs.
But let’s keep abusing the Jews. Let’s see what the Labour Councillor gets for throat slitting gesture. Should we start a poll?
You are right the country is going to the dogs, what with the mass stabbing, gang culture, anti-Semitism, defacing war memorials, pulling down statues. All the fault of the far right

So much criticism of the so - called 'mental health dodge' of Muslim stabbers.

How about the 'I'm ADHD and got caught up in the violence'? and 'I'm ADHD and forgot to take my tablets and got caught up in the violence - I didn't mean to'

Deafening silence on here about these 'reasons' for racist violence. Of course.
Stabbing people to death or throwing things at police. Mmm what’s more serious

Stabbing people to death or throwing things at police. Mmm what’s more serious
Hmmm. You decide.

Were these rioters simply in the act of throwing beer cans and the like? Honestly, selective blindness, Spider. Do you wonder what the result would have been if these rioters were simply left to their own devices?

You decide.

What like the CPS never get it wrong. There are multiple examples if you search.
What do you mean by “wrong”?

That they believe a case has merit and should be tried doesn’t mean that there will always be a guilty verdict. Nor does it mean they are wrong to decide not to proceed against some who are guilty because they don’t believe the evidence is strong enough.

More 2 tier bollox. This time identical crimes, instead of worse…

Identical to what and in which way?

So far as I am aware there was only one large scale eruption of violent disorder across the country in recent weeks. Which, because of it’s context, cannot be compared to anything else.

Identical to what and in which way?

So far as I am aware there was only one large scale eruption of violent disorder across the country in recent weeks. Which, because of it’s context, cannot be compared to anything else.
Identical to some of the crimes by, and charges given to, the anti mass immigration rioters.

What do you mean by “wrong”?

That they believe a case has merit and should be tried doesn’t mean that there will always be a guilty verdict. Nor does it mean they are wrong to decide not to proceed against some who are guilty because they don’t believe the evidence is strong enough.
Merit ? What or who decides merit.
If it is people like 2TK then my post holds water.

One is accepted as truth by the courts with no evidence, the other is dismissed by the courts despite a diagnosis. That's the epitome of two tier.
No evidence?

And what evidence do you have to say this? Before any sentencing, courts can order mental assessments to verify, or not, any mental health issues. So, where have mental health issues been accepted by the court without such evidence, AS?

In any case, I can see no court in the land that would admit a 'not guilty' on the grounds of ADHD diagnosis. Hardly in the same tier as paranoid schizophrenia, for example, is it?

No evidence?

And what evidence do you have to say this? Before any sentencing, courts can order mental assessments to verify, or not, any mental health issues. So, where have mental health issues been accepted by the court without such evidence, AS?

In any case, I can see no court in the land that would admit a 'not guilty' on the grounds of ADHD diagnosis. Hardly in the same tier as paranoid schizophrenia, for example, is it?
Anyone can pretend to be mentally ill after stabbing people. They are sent for Mental health assessments which have come into question several times before. There is no existing pre-condition in the majority of cases.
The boy already had his diagnosis and it's clear that any sentence is prejudicial to his health. Yet, still done as he's the right kind of criminal for this establishment, whereas stabby immigrants are clearly inconvenient and best brushed under the carpet. I mean the oiks might get fed up - even have a riot or something. Just another quite obvious part of the current agenda.

Anyone can pretend to be mentally ill after stabbing people. They are sent for Mental health assessments which have come into question several times before. There is no existing pre-condition in the majority of cases.
The boy already had his diagnosis and it's clear that any sentence is prejudicial to his health. Yet, still done as he's the right kind of criminal for this establishment, whereas stabby immigrants are clearly inconvenient and best brushed under the carpet. I mean the oiks might get fed up - even have a riot or something. Just another quite obvious part of the current agenda.
What?

I can assure you that mental illness is rigorously checked by the courts in the form of psychological assessment. Where has it come into question 'several times before'? Can you publish a link to verify this, please, AS.

Again, and I hope you won't accuse me of being 'one of those' for asking this:

When you write: 'There is no pre-existing pre-condition in the majority of cases', can you point to where you get this from? Can you cite exact cases, so we can look. 'The majority of cases' is a big claim. It needs verifying if you are to publish it here, surely.

Another question:

When you write 'stabby immigrants', do you mean actual immigrants or descendants of immigrants, or both?

What?

I can assure you that mental illness is rigorously checked by the courts in the form of psychological assessment. Where has it come into question 'several times before'? Can you publish a link to verify this, please, AS.

Again, and I hope you won't accuse me of being 'one of those' for asking this:

When you write: 'There is no pre-existing pre-condition in the majority of cases', can you point to where you get this from? Can youMiscarriages of justice and expert psychiatric evidence: lessons from criminal appeals in England and Wales | BJPsych Advances | Cambridge Core cite exact cases, so we can look. 'The majority of cases' is a big claim. It needs verifying if you are to publish it here, surely.

Another question:

When you write 'stabby immigrants', do you mean actual immigrants or descendants of immigrants, or both?
In fact, you look yourself at cases. It's clear there was no previous mental illness - it came to light once they started stabbing people. In fairness, the Southport attacker did seem to have a mental illness but you can clearly see there was no previous diagnosis in many of the cases. I say the majority from what I've seen. If you want to look up every Muslim attack and how many were retrospectively found to suffer from mental illness then that'll only take you about ten years to go through the thousands of cases in the last number of years. As for crimes by immigrants and children of immigrants - well you'll be dead before you've even counted the cases. Let alone researched them.
For me personally if immigrants commit crimes or their offspring commit crimes, if they haven't integrated and they commit serious crimes then they too can f*** right off to some backwards f*** place as far as I'm concerned. I don't see the death of one person as acceptable when the cause is slack enforcement of borders and failure to report.
As for unreliability of psychiatric assessments it's not exactly news but perhaps Cambridge University can help you.https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/bjpsych-advances/article/miscarriages-of-justice-and-expert-psychiatric-evidence-lessons-from-criminal-appeals-in-england-and-wales/85A792518794C80EC96649D3D04EF38D#
Even in today's world, they can't hide that it's worked both ways. People have been sentenced incorrectly but also assessed incorrectly or inappropriately and witnesses have been interpreted incorrectly. It's not exactly hard to envisage.

In fact, you look yourself at cases. It's clear there was no previous mental illness - it came to light once they started stabbing people. In fairness, the Southport attacker did seem to have a mental illness but you can clearly see there was no previous diagnosis in many of the cases. I say the majority from what I've seen. If you want to look up every Muslim attack and how many were retrospectively found to suffer from mental illness then that'll only take you about ten years to go through the thousands of cases in the last number of years. As for crimes by immigrants and children of immigrants - well you'll be dead before you've even counted the cases. Let alone researched them.
For me personally if immigrants commit crimes or their offspring commit crimes, if they haven't integrated and they commit serious crimes then they too can f*** right off to some backwards f*** place as far as I'm concerned. I don't see the death of one person as acceptable when the cause is slack enforcement of borders and failure to report.
As for unreliability of psychiatric assessments it's not exactly news but perhaps Cambridge University can help you.https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/bjpsych-advances/article/miscarriages-of-justice-and-expert-psychiatric-evidence-lessons-from-criminal-appeals-in-england-and-wales/85A792518794C80EC96649D3D04EF38D#
Even in today's world, they can't hide that it's worked both ways. People have been sentenced incorrectly but also assessed incorrectly or inappropriately and witnesses have been interpreted incorrectly. It's not exactly hard to envisage.
Well, firstly, you've admitted it yourself, there, AS. Yet, despite your statement, you seem content to recite assumptions as truth. I don't mean to be disrespectful but is it not so?

You have to be very careful when bandying about such terms as: 'In the majority of cases' or the like. On forums such as this, such loose, unanalytical statements are so often just thrown out there.

On a lighter note, it does make me laugh when I hear people who have upped sticks and moved to Spain, for instance, saying they left Britain because of all the immigrants. The conversation will be along he lines of:

'They come over here. They don't integrate, only mix with each other, only eat their own food, fly their own flags, don't bother to learn our language.'

So they emigrate to Spain where they only mix with ex-pats, only eat English food, never learn Spanish and fly a Union flag (or St George) in their front porches.

Does make me chuckle.

Well, firstly, you've admitted it yourself, there, AS. Yet, despite your statement, you seem content to recite assumptions as truth. I don't mean to be disrespectful but is it not so?

You have to be very careful when bandying about such terms as: 'In the majority of cases' or the like. On forums such as this, such loose, unanalytical statements are so often just thrown out there.

On a lighter note, it does make me laugh when I hear people who have upped sticks and moved to Spain, for instance, saying they left Britain because of all the immigrants. The conversation will be along he lines of:

'They come over here. They don't integrate, only mix with each other, only eat their own food, fly their own flags, don't bother to learn our language.'

So they emigrate to Spain where they only mix with ex-pats, only eat English food, never learn Spanish and fly a Union flag (or St George) in their front porches.

Does make me chuckle.
Fair enough. I do understand. I don't blame people for moving to Spain for cheapness or weather but I've personally never heard anyone say it was about immigrants. Being where it is I would have presumed Southern Spain and possibly some islands at least have a larger illegal immigrant problem than the UK. But, alas, just presumption based on anecdotal evidence as I haven't written a PhD on it. I'm not quite sure they'll fund me for it.

Highest sentence handed out so far this morning:-

9 years plus 5 years on license for arson with intent to endanger life, violent disorder and possessing an offensive weapon.

Part of the group attacking the Holiday Inn.

'Repent at leisure'.

😗

Highest sentence handed out so far this morning:-

9 years plus 5 years on license for arson with intent to endanger life, violent disorder and possessing an offensive weapon.

Part of the group attacking the Holiday Inn.

'Repent at leisure'.

😗
So five years for having a weapon. That'll be half of Croydon inside for half a decade then Judge Starmer.

Does make me chuckle.
At least they are Europeans moving to another European country without expecting the country to change for them. There can’t be another generation or group of people that hold so much contempt for the country they’ve emigrated to than what we have here now.

And there are of course differences between English and Spanish people but not anywhere near like westerners and Islam.

Back