• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Sentences too harsh!

Never forget nor forgive the people who enabled what's in this country and what's coming to all of its parts. Those who turned their noses up and called us names will learn the hard way.

This happened in Birmingham yesterday. You haven't heard about it but if the races had been reversed it would be reported nationally.

Never forget nor forgive the people who enabled what's in this country and what's coming to all of its parts. Those who turned their noses up and called us names will learn the hard way.

This happened in Birmingham yesterday. You haven't heard about it but if the races had been reversed it would be reported nationally.

It’s gone now but I saw it along with millions of others. Laughing at the guy laying in his own blood. Low life scum who have been arrested for attempted murder. I wonder if this will be rushed through the courts !

It’s gone now but I saw it along with millions of others. Laughing at the guy laying in his own blood. Low life scum who have been arrested for attempted murder. I wonder if this will be rushed through the courts !
The guy who said the 'far right' should have their throats cut certainly wasn't so I doubt this will be either.

That was the most sickening set-up of a racist attempted murder (let's hope the victim pulls through)
As in the Stephen Lawrence case, all those present should be charged, including the guy filming. Just how low has some sections of society fallen.

Meanwhile, in that well-integrated society in Germany, we have a knifeman who killed three and injured 8 last Friday. "Earlier police said a man was detained at a refugee centre close to the site of the attack. Bild reported that special task force (SEK) officers stormed the refugee centre, arresting a suspect."

You reckon there will be any charges with fast tracked court appearances and prison sentences?
Why is there any need to fast track them?

There isn’t another carnival next week so copy cat events seem unlikely and deterrence therefore pointless . Remand in custody and make them sweat for a while

Last edited:
Why is there any need to fast track them?

There isn’t another carnival next week so copy cat events seem unlikely and deterrence therefore pointless . Remand in custody and make them sweat for a while
The recent protests only went on for about a week, you know the far right ones and most of those arrested are already inside.
Why wait on these guilty villains.

The recent protests only went on for about a week, you know the far right ones and most of those arrested are already inside.
Why wait on these guilty villains.
Because very serious cases need to be prepared, mental health assessments made and court time found. There will need to be disclosure of the evidence to the defence, which generates exchanges all of which eat up time. So long as the perpetrators are securely locked up while this happens what’s the problem.

The situation with the rioters is entirely different. They mostly were accused and convicted of violent disorder and pleaded guilty. This can be dealt with in a lower court and, with effort, done quickly. Anyone pleading not guilty would necessitate a longer process.

The effort was made because there was a need to demonstrate that this behaviour had to stop and that those involved must expect harsh punishment.

Because very serious cases need to be prepared, mental health assessments made and court time found. There will need to be disclosure of the evidence to the defence, which generates exchanges all of which eat up time. So long as the perpetrators are securely locked up while this happens what’s the problem.

The situation with the rioters is entirely different. They mostly were accused and convicted of violent disorder and pleaded guilty. This can be dealt with in a lower court and, with effort, done quickly. Anyone pleading not guilty would necessitate a longer process.

The effort was made because there was a need to demonstrate that this behaviour had to stop and that those involved must expect harsh punishment.
Yes, this behaviour has to stop.

I agree.

I would ban the event if it causes that much chaos and cost but then I am not aware of what the impact would be in having to police any alternative events that could arise as a consequence.

None of which is really relevant when the subject is actually the way the recent riots have been handled. They were, hopefully, isolated events. The carnival is an annual, planned, one.

I agree.

I would ban the event if it causes that much chaos and cost but then I am not aware of what the impact would be in having to police any alternative events that could arise as a consequence.

None of which is really relevant when the subject is actually the way the recent riots have been handled. They were, hopefully, isolated events. The carnival is an annual, planned, one.
Then an annual, planned event needs to have miscreants properly and quickly dealt with in order to deter future offenders. If that has previously happened it hasn't been effective as the figures are the same every year.
Most of us are from London and young Londoners stabbing each other concerns me more than the actions of some rioters reacting to another violent event.

I agree.

If you banned it then there would be a riot and it would be classed as a racist act in stopping the carnival.
So the mayhem will continue for years to come.

Back