• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Our present squad

Some good players but no leaders. We seem a real soft bunch. We desperately need a forceful leader on the pitch like Jedi, Damo etc because some of our players are in 2nd gear.

I must admit, I cant even think of 1 long ball he's played. Maybe we are doing him a bit of a disservice.

View attachment 228
He should be in the Centre, Richards to his right, Guehi to his Left, then Riad can take over from Guehi, with Chalobah as spare, although we should be playing 4-2-2-2 without a doubt.

He should be in the Centre, Richards to his right, Guehi to his Left, then Riad can take over from Guehi, with Chalobah as spare, although we should be playing 4-2-2-2 without a doubt.
I've a hunch that Richards will be the odd one out once Chalobah is available.

As I posted before, I wouldn't have Guehi in the middle of the three

Manure is a big test on Saturday, see what system he plays. I still say Sarr is a starter but our defence needs to sort itself out.
I suspect he will play the same team as against QPR, but with Wharton and Hughes in central midfield replacing Kamada and Lerma.

Personally I would play Clyne instead of Lacroix at this stage as we know that a back 3 of Clyne, Guehi and Richards can work.
However, I doubt he'll leave Lacroix out or shift Guehi from his central position in a back 3 .

When Chaloboah is fit, I anticipate that he will take the Clyne position on the right of the back 3.

That's my thinking as well.
My view for it's worth is that once Lacroix is up to speed and Chalobah is match ready, we'll see:
LCB Guehi
CB Lacroix
RCB Chalobah.
Glasner must have a reason for playing Guehi in the middle. Possibly because, as the most experienced, he’s the one to lead the line and maybe Lacroix’s English isn’t great? It does feel like Lacroix would be better in the middle with Guehi in his preferred position.

Do we think that Chalobah, although not on a option to buy, will eventually sign for us, as Mitchell shows no sign of signing a new contract, Swappsies, Guehi and Mitchell for Chalobah and Chilwell, wages obviously a problem, but i think it would be good for us, Transfrermkt values, Guehi 38m, Mitchell 25m 🤔 Chalobah 13m, Chillwell 28m, think its more likely 65m, 15m, 20m, 20m, respectively

By switching to 442 we could look like ths:

RB munoz
CB lacroix
CB Guehi
LB Mitchell

RM Sarr
CM Wharton
CM Doucoure
LM Eze

ST Nketiah
ST Mateta

But I think this would work best

RB munoz
CB lacroix
CB Guehi
LB Mitchell

CM Wharton
CM Doucoure

CAM Sarr
CAM Eze

ST Nketiah
ST Mateta
I think Mitchell and EE combinations on the left affect our balance. 4-4-1-1, or even 4-4-1 with EE in a free role, makes sense if we want to get the best out of him. Even 4-3-3 where he can drift inside, but it then depends on the full back and other forwards to let him play with freedom (cf Foden at Man City).

Back