• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Marc Guehi

Supporters with whom I have engaged in conversation appreciate the 'Financials' but there is certainly disquiet and a degree of foreboding about the transfer 'Churn'.
Optimism following last season's positive results has somewhat dissipated.
No more chatter apropos 'Europe' or 'Top 8' finish.

Supporters with whom I have engaged in conversation appreciate the 'Financials' but there is certainly disquiet and a degree of foreboding about the transfer 'Churn'.
You should know by now ,every time we get within touching distance of Europe something or someone will rip it away from us

Thank goodness.😕

Chelsea is the centre of Clickbait World now - but when aren't they.

For myself I've a sneaky feeling he'll stay - but I thought tgr same about Herr Olise!!!

£65 million if Anderson is gone for MG is absolute fu@king madness, he is worth more than that especially when we will need more funds to buy a whole new defence.

I don’t want to moan but after the surprise of JA going I’m p@ssed off. I also feel like we might be using the funds we get for the stadium?

2 new centre backs going into this season is nonsense, I don’t care how good OG is I would expect Pep to struggle if it happened to him.

Unless we are all stupid and have not seen how good Holding is we are going to be well short at the back if we get injuries.

A reminder that Richards gets a lot of injuries. Holding is made of cardboard, Lerma is a midfielder and also gets a lot of injuries, Clyne and Ward are due to start drawing there pensions soon and finally we only have 1 left back.

Other than that all looking good 👍🏻

£65 million if Anderson is gone for MG is absolute fu@king madness, he is worth more than that especially when we will need more funds to buy a whole new defence.

I don’t want to moan but after the surprise of JA going I’m p@ssed off. I also feel like we might be using the funds we get for the stadium?

2 new centre backs going into this season is nonsense, I don’t care how good OG is I would expect Pep to struggle if it happened to him.

Unless we are all stupid and have not seen how good Holding is we are going to be well short at the back if we get injuries.

A reminder that Richards gets a lot of injuries. Holding is made of cardboard, Lerma is a midfielder and also gets a lot of injuries, Clyne and Ward are due to start drawing there pensions soon and finally we only have 1 left back.

What 'lots of injuries'? Name them & when.

This is a valid point. CG broke into the England team while at palace. Has he done anything at Chelsea since he went back. He’s had speculation to leave Chelsea every single window since going back. He was loved at palace and treated like s*** at Chelsea.

Just a further example that just because you love something doesn't mean it loves you back. CG in the end was just a walking transfer fee available to try to alleviate some of the pressure Chelsea's bloated squad put on the club. They have 6 GKs for crying out loud.
The good thing is I think he'll do fine at Atletico where he should be appreciated once again.

I have to say,l am pleased l am not a season ticket holder anymore,end of last season was full of hope and aspiration,now we are acting like a wealthy pound shop,taking the gold and banking,and still could be more,the board of directors are getting nice and rich,and mugs who bought season tickets on the back of last season must be getting a tad pissed of at what we are going to produce!!!

1. Richards' injury record is not as you seem to suggest. He had one lengthy (3 month injury. early in 22/23 after he joined us . Apart from that he was not injured during that season, He was on the bench on 18 occasions and not in the squad on a further 3. Richards got 4 league starts and 5 sub appearances in that season.

Last season, however, he was NOT injured at all and started in 27 matches. Again we played just 2 CBs for most of the season. He was an unused sub on 9 occasions and not in the squad at all on 3.

2. Lerma missed just 4 matches (all consecutive so just the one injury) through injury last season.

At Bournemouth he played in 37 of 38 PL games in 22/23 (no injuries); 33 of 42 in the 21/22 Championship season (again no injuries); All 42 Championship games in 20/21.

So where on earth do you get the idea they both get lots of injuries? Both have had just one injury since being with us.

Inaccurate and misleading posts such as your above post are nor helpful.

I have to say,l am pleased l am not a season ticket holder anymore,end of last season was full of hope and aspiration,now we are acting like a wealthy pound shop,taking the gold and banking,and still could be more,the board of directors are getting nice and rich,and mugs who bought season tickets on the back of last season must be getting a tad pissed of at what we are going to produce!!!
Your post sounds more like sour grapes to me. Those of us who buy season tickets do so because we love the club and want to see them play come what may. We're not fair weather fans who only turn up if things are going well.

When he was 9 he got a splinter which had to be removed.
At 13 he grazed his knee when he had an accident playing in the street…

He has been out a few times. Granted he is not ferguson but he has definitely been sidelined on a few occasions. It was not a drastic point, I was just trying to emphasise that we could end up a bit thin on the ground.
If I’d known I’d poked your fire and upset you with my lack of evidence I would have done a formal report with stats and a pie chart. 🙄

1. Richards' injury record is not as you seem to suggest. He had one lengthy (3 month injury. early in 22/23 after he joined us . Apart from that he was not injured during that season, He was on the bench on 18 occasions and not in the squad on a further 3. Richards got 4 league starts and 5 sub appearances in that season.

Last season, however, he was NOT injured at all and started in 27 matches. Again we played just 2 CBs for most of the season. He was an unused sub on 9 occasions and not in the squad at all on 3.

2. Lerma missed just 4 matches (all consecutive so just the one injury) through injury last season.

At Bournemouth he played in 37 of 38 PL games in 22/23 (no injuries); 33 of 42 in the 21/22 Championship season (again no injuries); All 42 Championship games in 20/21.

So where on earth do you get the idea they both get lots of injuries? Both have had just one injury since being with us.

Inaccurate and misleading posts such as your above post are nor helpful.

Can I ask, are you fond of keir starmer by any chance? I only ask as he doesn’t like free speech either.

After buying a season ticket to see Royball for 3 years, come what may this season will certainly be better so I am no mug. I had a choice and chose to buy one.
You sound poxed that you didn’t pax.

Your post sounds more like sour grapes to me. Those of us who buy season tickets do so because we love the club and want to see them play come what may. We're not fair weather fans who only turn up if things are going well.
I can assure you it's not,it is a comment born of frustration over many years of this wonderfull club being on the cusp of something special,and then it being thrown away,in my view sometimes by mismanagement or personal aggregation.

I'm not sure how you can think this.

We sell 2 players and you start spouting "directors getting nice and rich".

Unless you missed it, the owners are stupidly rich. £100m isn't that significant when you have many hundred millions.

In 11 years we sold only 3 players for big money:

Bolasie (we got the best of that deal too)

AWB - which as we have seen, we did well out of and what did we miss? Not a lot. United making a £35m loss....

Olise - which was a reasonable release clause was triggered.

That's it. In our entire PL journey since promotion, that is it.

We tend to buy good players and they spend their time with us, then leave and do what? Go where? Recent examples :

Milivoyevic- we had the best of him and then now, he is playing out his career.

McArthur- we definitely had the best of him

Jedinak- moved on at the right time and was never as good after

Murray - did he do that great after us? A striker he didn't get 10 goals a year?

That's not to add the ones that promised much but delivered little like Gayle. Championship at best.

I could go on but that would make it tl;dr.

Facts are we aren't a selling club and wetting your metaphorical pants over a couple leaving is frankly laughable but sadly all too often heard from those who don't understand the model.

We aren't a selling club. We have been a buying club for the now.

Now we are a club for the now & the future. This means we will sell on occasion.

Get used to it.

Also the last 2 seasons have been rinse and repeat.

Manager in situ, under performing, then look like getting into a relegation fight, gets sacked, new manager gets a good run on and optimism returns, next season it starts badly then it's back to the beginning.....

I believe OG will do well. He needs time & we are getting the players that suit his style. It's been one game.

Overreacting much?

I'm not sure how you can think this.

We sell 2 players and you start spouting "directors getting nice and rich".

Unless you missed it, the owners are stupidly rich. £100m isn't that significant when you have many hundred millions.

In 11 years we sold only 3 players for big money:

Bolasie (we got the best of that deal too)

AWB - which as we have seen, we did well out of and what did we miss? Not a lot. United making a £35m loss....

Olise - which was a reasonable release clause was triggered.

That's it. In our entire PL journey since promotion, that is it.

We tend to buy good players and they spend their time with us, then leave and do what? Go where? Recent examples :

Milivoyevic- we had the best of him and then now, he is playing out his career.

McArthur- we definitely had the best of him

Jedinak- moved on at the right time and was never as good after

Murray - did he do that great after us? A striker he didn't get 10 goals a year?

That's not to add the ones that promised much but delivered little like Gayle. Championship at best.

I could go on but that would make it tl;dr.

Facts are we aren't a selling club and wetting your metaphorical pants over a couple leaving is frankly laughable but sadly all too often heard from those who don't understand the model.

We aren't a selling club. We have been a buying club for the now.

Now we are a club for the now & the future. This means we will sell on occasion.

Get used to it.

Also the last 2 seasons have been rinse and repeat.

Manager in situ, under performing, then look like getting into a relegation fight, gets sacked, new manager gets a good run on and optimism returns, next season it starts badly then it's back to the beginning.....

I believe OG will do well. He needs time & we are getting the players that suit his style. It's been one game.

Overreacting much?
Thanks for your opinion,hope we have a brilliant season.

I personally feel that, with Andersen on the way out, selling Guehi and upsetting the whole back line would be a little criminal. Getting two new center halves in to replace Guehi and Andersen now the season has started and getting them to gel could take a while which could be the difference between top half and mediocre finish as normal. I appreciate we need to sell their value is at it's highest that suits our model and that, post euros, it's probably now, however, bringing in two new lads who have no premier league experience is a bit daunting. Add Chadi Riad to this also and we have a untested whole back line. I believe Glasner is trying to bring in athletic center halves that fit his style of play so we must trust him and Dougie but i do feel every bodies anxiety on this. If we do not back what Glasner wants then he could be the next one out the door!

I personally feel that, with Andersen on the way out, selling Guehi and upsetting the whole back line would be a little criminal. Getting two new center halves in to replace Guehi and Andersen now the season has started and getting them to gel could take a while which could be the difference between top half and mediocre finish as normal. I appreciate we need to sell their value is at it's highest that suits our model and that, post euros, it's probably now, however, bringing in two new lads who have no premier league experience is a bit daunting. Add Chadi Riad to this also and we have a untested whole back line. I believe Glasner is trying to bring in athletic center halves that fit his style of play so we must trust him and Dougie but i do feel every bodies anxiety on this. If we do not back what Glasner wants then he could be the next one out the door!
The irony is that Guehi and Andersen arrived in the Summer of 2021 and formed an immediate CB partnership playing together for the vast majority of games that season. With Richards already established as a PL player and Riad having shown decent quality in pre-season, it won't IMO be a disaster if, as is seeming increasingly likely, both Guehi and Andersen leave in this window. Of course, we will need Lacroix to join to be the third CB in Glasner's system. I would not be surprised if we hold back on letting Guehi go until Lacroix is in the bag.

Back