• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Marc Guehi

All I've done is gave an opinion on the value of one of your players. Nothing personal. You lot are very touchy, isn't it good to have some challenging views. Some dissent is good for the soul, alleviates boredom. Very surprised at vitriol. Anyway I think you'll finish well this year, a safe 15th or 16th, and that's good for a Club of your size.
Well, as the old saying goes, opinions are like assholes...everybody's got one. Irrespective of your view of the player, the fact remains that your club is anxious to sign him. And Palace are willing sellers. Meet the asking price and it's a done deal.
Your comment about our finishing position is childishly provocative. Palace finished 10th last year so if you consider 15th or 16th to be a good finish, then 10th must be seen as hugely overachieving. Whereas you could argue that with all the sand dollars at their disposal, Newcastle are underachieving given their finishing position last season.

Guehi and Anderson both have 2 years remaining and it’s unclear whether we’ve offered/ they are prepared to accept new contracts.

It looks likely that one will depart this window and that Lacroix seems to be the one that Glasner wants to be brought in.

The wider transfer picture means more squad upheaval appears to be likely before the end of the window.
Johnstone and Ahamada may well depart and would then need replacing in the squad.

I really hope we increase our attacking options so we don’t have to chase games with Ayew and Edouard as was the case yesterday.
We need more cutting edge available to change games.

in football there is no smoke without fire. This public Guehi saga with Parish talking openly across sky/ Prem League and Talk Sport yesterday seems a little too much especially as Marc himself last week said he doesn’t like being the centre of attention.

However, it would seem possibly him or Joa will depart at some point this or next window and we get in Lacroix. It had been reported personal terms have been agreed with Lacroix and every game Marc plays will be over analysed across this window.

It has to be unsettling in the background the exposure and constant discussion around Newcastle.

His performance yesterday was merely not being up to speed with the team, tactics his own game etc due to lack of grass time with the team pre-season - nothing more/nothing less.

On another note - as the previous poster alluded to , chasing a game with Ayew and Edourd is concerning!!!

Personally, I'd happily sell for 65m.... That's a lot of money for pretty much any club, let alone Palace and whilst he's clearly a decent player with a long career ahead of him, I just don't think we'll miss him as much as what we could gain with the money in the bank.

My concern is Newcastle walkaway, and now we've got a player who feels they've been denied a "dream move" to a big club and will throw toys out the pram, meaning we 1 - miss out on a massive payday and 2 - are left with a player nowhere near worth what we could have got for him with an ever shorter contract ticking down .

Personally, I'd happily sell for 65m.... That's a lot of money for pretty much any club, let alone Palace and whilst he's clearly a decent player with a long career ahead of him, I just don't think we'll miss him as much as what we could gain with the money in the bank.

My concern is Newcastle walkaway, and now we've got a player who feels they've been denied a "dream move" to a big club and will throw toys out the pram, meaning we 1 - miss out on a massive payday and 2 - are left with a player nowhere near worth what we could have got for him with an ever shorter contract ticking down .
I really hope, if the deal doesn’t happen with sandcastle, that MG doesn’t feel his dream move is off. If the extent of his dream is to move to Sandcastle then he is not the man I thought he was. With all there big money now, what exactly have Sandcastle done in the last 50 years. I expect MG will be just fine not moving there.

IMHO Guehi is an above averge player NOT a superstar as SP alluded to last week.Also did anyone miss him when he was injured for several weeks? I didn't Having said that market forces dictate values not clubs i.e. Chelaea paid Leicester 75m for Fontana,
Everton want 70m for Braithwaite who didn't even make the Englamd squad in Euro 24.
Man u paid around 80m for Maguire some years ago who has proven not to be a superstar.
Based on the above Guehi fee is not unresonable. Think we should sell and buy Lacoix and a striker based on yesterday's attacking performance

Are you at liberty to expand upon your source who gave you this mine of information?
Is he a fan like the rest of us or is he an employee of the club(s)?

Yesterday you claimed that for Guehi not to move to Newcastle could be perceived as ‘a lack of self belief’ on his part .
Now they are not ‘sexy’ enough.
I’m confused.
First off its obviously not difficult to confuse you because its possible for Guehi to not consider Newcastle sexy enough while at the same time it can be perceived by others to be a lack of self belief in himself if a bigger club came calling (not necessarily Newcastle) and he chose not to go. Did you realise two things can be possible at the same time? Can you walk and chew chewing gum at the same time? I'm guessing not.
As far as telling you where I hear very small bits of information from I'd opine that I dont really owe you any explanation. Believe me/ Dont believe me. Couldn't really care less. There are two or three people on here that know me, know I occasionally get a bit of info and also know if I share it its in good faith. I stand corrected but I am pretty sure I'm yet to be wrong but I dont claim to have regular inside info. Often when I hear something news is already breaking and its just confirming what is being reported so theres little point in mentioning that. Its actually rare for me to hear something that isn't about to be common knowledge anyway. This is one such time but as already mentioned I really couldn't care less if you accept what I say or not.

IMHO Guehi is an above averge player NOT a superstar as SP alluded to last week.Also did anyone miss him when he was injured for several weeks? I didn't Having said that market forces dictate values not clubs i.e. Chelaea paid Leicester 75m for Fontana,
Everton want 70m for Braithwaite who didn't even make the Englamd squad in Euro 24.
Man u paid around 80m for Maguire some years ago who has proven not to be a superstar.
Based on the above Guehi fee is not unresonable. Think we should sell and buy Lacoix and a striker based on yesterday's attacking performance

I certainly do not place Guehi in the 'Superstar' category. He is a young very capable defender who displays a good reading of the game, is calm on the ball and his dealing of high-pressure situations is creditable but he is yet to reach the heights many believe he has already scaled.

In terms of yesterday's game, I do believe that his defending for the Mbeumo goal was disappointing.

No need for bitterness. He's proved himself against absolute duffers in the Euros. Keep him, I'm sure he'll thrive at Palace. By the way you lose a few games at the start of the season your brittle as toffee fan base will screaming to replace the poor sap who is in charge now.

Have to laugh at the criticisms of Newcastle, Palace aren't even significant in London. How's this. Arsenal Chelsea Spurs West Ham Brentford Fulham then you lot, sniggers. I will jog on though, ta ta😆
You start with 'no need for bitterness' then come out with a load of bitterness yourself. By the way, if your lot had 12 other clubs in your city to compete with for fans instead of none you certainly wouldn't be filling a 20,000 seater never mind a 50,000. Talk to us when you've won something this century before acting like the big giant club supporter. Loser

I certainly do not place Guehi in the 'Superstar' category. He is a young very capable defender who displays a good reading of the game, is calm on the ball and his dealing of high-pressure situations is creditable but he is yet to reach the heights many believe he has already scaled.

In terms of yesterday's game, I do believe that his defending for the Mbeumo goal was disappointing.
Your 100% right and I think the magpies are paying for potential. It's annoying that they keep coming back with bids below SP's price,with thier money they should put up or shut up. Best option for us is he extends contract by 3 years, reaches his potential then sell him for 100m to a foreign team.

Your 100% right and I think the magpies are paying for potential. It's annoying that they keep coming back with bids below SP's price,with thier money they should put up or shut up. Best option for us is he extends contract by 3 years, reaches his potential then sell him for 100m to a foreign team.
What if he doesn't want to extend it?

First off its obviously not difficult to confuse you because its possible for Guehi to not consider Newcastle sexy enough while at the same time it can be perceived by others to be a lack of self belief in himself if a bigger club came calling (not necessarily Newcastle) and he chose not to go. Did you realise two things can be possible at the same time? Can you walk and chew chewing gum at the same time? I'm guessing not.
As far as telling you where I hear very small bits of information from I'd opine that I dont really owe you any explanation. Believe me/ Dont believe me. Couldn't really care less. There are two or three people on here that know me, know I occasionally get a bit of info and also know if I share it its in good faith. I stand corrected but I am pretty sure I'm yet to be wrong but I dont claim to have regular inside info. Often when I hear something news is already breaking and its just confirming what is being reported so theres little point in mentioning that. Its actually rare for me to hear something that isn't about to be common knowledge anyway. This is one such time but as already mentioned I really couldn't care less if you accept what I say or not.

You seem a little angry, not for the first time on these forums.
It's only a forum, nothing to get too het up about.

You seem a little angry, not for the first time on these forums.
It's only a forum, nothing to get too het up about.
No. Not angry at all. Far from it. I find you quite amusing if not a little slow. Either that or sarcastic.

Maybe you really are confused? Bless

Back