• Existing user of old message board?

Your username will have transferred over to this new message board, but your password will need to be reset. Visit our convert your account page, to transfer your old password over.

Marc Guehi

Maybe Parish also looked at the fact that Newcastle sold Minteh and Elliot Andersen for over £30 million each – one player without a single PL appearance and one who was a bit part squad player with a bad back. Maybe he thought, well if they've been sold for that then one of England's standout performers at the Euros must be worth at least double that. I imagine most Palace fans would think anything north of £60 million for Guehi would be a good deal, but perhaps with Andersen going it was bad timing. Newcastle's biggest mistake seems to have been all about timing, possibly thinking his price would come down rather than go up as the window progressed. They seemingly got that embarrassingly wrong.

Marc still has two years left on his deal, so he would be mad not to accept a big increase in his salary to sign a new deal. He would then have security; if he plays well enough, he'll get his move next summer. If he doesn't, he can be thankful he signed a new deal! I'd wager a bet a new deal will be signed by the end of the month.
The only rationale in offering a pay rise ( a new contract ) is to keep Marcs transfer value at a high level. Could even have a release clause thrown in for good measure.

Because he will want his move at the end of this season.

The only rationale in offering a pay rise ( a new contract ) is to keep Marcs transfer value at a high level. Could even have a release clause thrown in for good measure.

Because he will want his move at the end of this season.
Not a bad idea, if he had a release clause say 75 mil or 80 mil, then that would suit all parties surely.

Not a bad idea, if he had a release clause say 75 mil or 80 mil, then that would suit all parties surely.
75/80 might not suit Marc, he holds all the cards, eliminates a lot of clubs, the longer it gets nearer the end of his contract the price drops, if he doesn't sign a contract, at the end of the season it will be 40/50 or 0 a year later, anyway he wont go to Newcastle.

I was worried yesterday watching the England game as MG got a nasty knock just before halftime and looked in some pain.I was surprised to see him come out for the second half and stay on, hopefully it was something he just ran off.

Marc Guehi had another good game for England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 unlike Trent Arnold who was just aimlessly banging the ball anywhere. All of Guehi’s passes were completed and he was lucky he didn’t pick up an injury, many bad tackles carried out by the Irish players went unpunished. At one point I didn’t think he was going to book anyone.

Marc Guehi had another good game for England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 unlike Trent Arnold who was just aimlessly banging the ball anywhere. All of Guehi’s passes were completed and he was lucky he didn’t pick up an injury, many bad tackles carried out by the Irish players went unpunished. At one point I didn’t think he was going to book anyone.
I was surprised Smallbone stayed on the pitch long enough to be substituted in the 70th ish minute, some of his challenges were pretty agricultural to say the least.

If Guéhi doesn't sign new contract I can see a bidding war next summer, here's what I think will happen.

Newcastle will low ball at 50 million
Liverpool will bid 60 million
Newcastle 65 million
Liverpool 70 million
Newcastle 75 million
Liverpool 80 million
Man city 90 million and wins him

If Guéhi doesn't sign new contract I can see a bidding war next summer, here's what I think will happen.

Newcastle will low ball at 50 million
Liverpool will bid 60 million
Newcastle 65 million
Liverpool 70 million
Newcastle 75 million
Liverpool 80 million
Man city 90 million and wins him

I disagree.

I think there’ll be a Spurs bid in there for £12.5 million plus £5 million in conditional add ons.

Marc Guehi had another good game for England í ¼í¿´íí±§íí±¢íí±¥íí±®íí±§íí±¿ unlike Trent Arnold who was just aimlessly banging the ball anywhere. All of Guehiâs passes were completed and he was lucky he didnât pick up an injury, many bad tackles carried out by the Irish players went unpunished. At one point I didnât think he was going to book anyone.

I'm not Trent's greatest fan but some of his passing was quality on saturday like his stupendous 60 yard pass through the middle that put Gordon through and led to the first goal!

I'm not Trent's greatest fan but some of his passing was quality on saturday like his stupendous 60 yard pass through the middle that put Gordon through and led to the first goal!
Agree, always think its a little unfair to compare his passing stats to others who take minimal risks.

Back